• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

John Mitchell.

Hart actually knew that Zinzan, Jones, and Bunce were not going to make it to RWC '99......

With Bunce he just clean told him to pack......

Walter Littles injury stuffed him up...he was still young

But basically Hart knew what was happening and knew what was going and coming......he just did not prepare properly for the transitions.........and these players did not leave just before the '99 RWC.....they were gone before the '98 season started..........the AB's played 2 seasons without them and the '99 season was actually a good one for the AB's....apart from that little tournament at the end

Henry has had a quiet word with Tana and thus begun the transition of the AB captaincy.....if he didn't communicate with Tana and they dragged out his career longer.....the '07 RWC may be a rude awakening to the AB's with their leaders. Hart did what he did to clear the way for the new folks to get ready.....but he did not have the coaching nous to out think the Aussies and the S.A teams......he could not bring back Mains players and their game plan for the new strategies of the other top tiers..........how can an AB team with a good enough lead in the second half of a RWC final against a team they put 50 points on earlier that year....suddenly capitulate and collapse in 20 minutes...........unless the AB plan was flawed and waiting to be exploited....

Yeah, which is why he started blooding players like Taine Randell when the were young... But no matter how well you prepare, you are still going to be affected when you lose 300+ test caps of experience, including your midfield and the likes of Fitzpatrick, the fact he rebounded so fast says it all in my opinion, I highly doubt if you put Mitch in the same type of scenario he would've done as well, or atleast held his ahead above water.

And with Bunce, I thought he told him to pack it inafter he went and signed with a French Club?

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 4 2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, which is why he started blooding players like Taine Randell when the were young... But no matter how well you prepare, you are still going to be affected when you lose 300+ test caps of experience, including your midfield and the likes of Fitzpatrick, the fact he rebounded so fast says it all in my opinion, I highly doubt if you put Mitch in the same type of scenario he would've done as well, or atleast held his ahead above water.

And with Bunce, I thought he told him to pack it inafter he went and signed with a French Club?
Hart had given a lot of the coaching responsibilities out and had taken a more managerial role with the team.....

.....what Hart lacked was the ability to out think his rival coaches.........he got out thought.

In saying that I do concede that Mitchell also was a plan A only coach and did not prepare his players for a plan B or even C if the first plan hit a wall...which it did when it met the Wallaby Wall.....interesting to note that like '99 the AB's succumbed to a team they scored 50 against earlier that same year.

If we are voting that the man looks like a penis then I agree... although I think I may have to see a doctor as mine only has one eye and I checked some photo's online and he's got two... is this normal?

The argument about him single-handedly losing the world cup should watch the game again and check out Spencer's action.

Originally posted by Ripper@Apr 5 2006, 04:52 PM
The action where he single handily set up the Thorne try?
Wow! Did we score a try in that semi final????

spencer was the reason we got as far as we did. like ive said before, for a unexperiacned team, when things go wrong, it makes it very difficult to work around him. but when it does work, the other team is f***ed. like when he said he was going to kick it out to touch, then he only does a tap kick. brilliant.

spencer: fame
mitchell: shame

Hmmm... Tough call this one.

And I still haven't heard from chiro. I'm tempted to put him onto the Wall of Shame, not because he is a **** coach, but because he made basic errors. Remember guys, to have someone inducted, they only have to have done one thing wrong. But for it to be decisive, that one thing has to be major.
Theres no denying that his one plan didn't work, and in his case it was something he didn't do. Have a backup plan. Things went balls up during the World Cup, and he had no answer for it. While we did come third, and it is always possible to lose to Australia, he wasn't very media-friendly, and he did make big mistakes.

Good discussion this though.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Apr 5 2006, 10:07 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Apr 5 2006, 04:52 PM
The action where he single handily set up the Thorne try?
Wow! Did we score a try in that semi final???? [/b]
Yes, yes we did.

Spencer did his usual brillance of taking on and beating the defence, then passing to Rueben Thorne who just had to fall over the try line.

from my view..he belongs here for the single decision of picking leon mcdonald at 13 instead of mills or maa nonu at the 03 world cup

now..u may weigh up the experience factor of leon but compared to nonu who is an allround natural midfielder..leon mcdonald shouldnt have worn that jersey and played in that position

and then you guys blame spencer for that dreadful pass that went to who?...was stirling mortlock our centre?...no..he wasnt and leon mcdonald was no where on that field to complete our backline and give our back 3 a chance

based on that silly mistake which i believe was influenced by a very biased ass.coach robbie deans..mitchell belongs here

with all the merits before hand he couldnt bring home the one that truely mattered...

..i was in sydney watching this at my aunties place with all my cuzzins and i become the butt of all jokes for the 2weeks i was there :(

**** u john mitchell

The next morning at our local bakery everyone was buying food but no one said a word. When I got into my car I saw in the car next to me a guy who was staring blankly into space....when he finally turned on his car he shouted "Bloody All Blacks!"

Our whole street that morning as I stood outside was like a ghost town......

John "Johnson" Mitchell, For coaching strategies not fit for World Cups... Or anything.

First induction onto the illustrious Wall of Shame.

Everyone seems to be agreeing that he screwed up in the World Cup year, and that is what he is being nominated for, so it seems fair under the current guideline system I have in place that he be pinned to the wall.

Shall happen as soon as my good friend DC13 gets back to me.

Latest posts