• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

John Rambo aka Rambo IV

G

getofmeland

First Trailer for the Latest Sly Project

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rx6i090FGzQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rx6i090FGzQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Warning Contains Blood and Gore...

Rambo died in the book. [/b]
So did his last film, Rocky.

It looks like this is another film that shouldn't be made as it will most probably ruin the image of the Rambo for most fans.

I'm probably sounding like a Stallone fan, but ahhh what the hell......

What other than it looks "god awful" is wrong with it? Rambo 2 & 3 weren't A grade cinema by anyone's measure and this is no better or worse so far.

We live in a culture nowadays where we take "ownership" of any film older than 10 years and bag anything that comes out after that.

Think of one series which has been continue after a long hiatus without being bagged?

It's getting stereotypical to bag everything now.

He kills lots of people... so whats wrong? the people who hate Rambo are people who wear dresses and drink Ice Tea.

Yeah, here's to blood and guts and movies like Rambo, Commando, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Predator... no brainer action shoot em ups, perfect drinking movies!

Well it looks absolutely god awful...
[/b]

oh please it's rambo and that is what it looks like too me. this won't be everyone's cup of tea but I am keen on seeing it looks awesome.

Cool, i'm being ganged up on because people are sentimental over a **** series.

The original rambo was enjoyable, from thereafter they were a terrible franchise.
End.

Now, I'm going to try on my new dress and brew up a nice cuppa...

Yeah, here's to blood and guts and movies like Rambo, Commando, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Predator... no brainer action shoot em ups, perfect drinking movies! [/b]

Exactly my view, I love the part where he just chainguns the guy in the truck... QUALITY!!!

Sly got done in Australia for importing unprescribed human growth hormones:
http://fe11.news.sp1.yahoo.com/s/nm/200705..._australia_dc_2
His excuse: the doctor says he needs it for an "undisclosed medical condition".

Maybe growth hormones counter the effects of steroid abuse. Or is he just looking to grow bigger ***s?

There's a good line in that trailer: "When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing."

There's a good line in that trailer: "When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing."
[/b]

By "good line" do you mean tacky, cheesy shite, failing to produce better dialogue than Pearl Harbour?

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

By "good line" do you mean tacky, cheesy shite, failing to produce better dialogue than Pearl Harbour?
[/b][/quote]

Why would they be aiming at great, deep and meaningful dialogue? The genre itself is cheesy and tacky, obviously not your cup of tea. So why are you here drinking the tea? :huh:

I bet your like all those people who can't stand to change channel, would much rather complain about the one their watching? :rolleyes:

Why would they be aiming at great, deep and meaningful dialogue? The genre itself is cheesy and tacky, obviously not your cup of tea. So why are you here drinking the tea? :huh:

I bet your like all those people who can't stand to change channel, would much rather complain about the one their watching? :rolleyes:
[/b]

Yup, great assumption, hit the nail right on the head there.
As i said, Rambo was good, but the franchise thereafter was terrible. So i'm here voicing my opinions (all be it light hearted), no need to take so much offence, yeah?
I was hoping - from the banter i was having with Charlie - you could see that it was a bit tongue in cheek.

I can't believe you're basically asking my why i'm here posting if i don't like the sound of it.
Ok, "If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything."
If you tell me you honestly stand by that in life then i will happily stop posting.
I was there when Ripper was absolutely laying into 300 when that topic was posted (not picking on Ripper or anything) but I never saw you questioning him then, you know?
Come on, it's a bit of fun.

I could have put a smiley face sticking out his tongue on my post replying to shtove, but to be quite frank, i didn't want to patronise anyone by feeling i have to explain my every post.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Well, the first line he speaks - "John" - isn't really a classic. But you could read the killing-breathing line as a metaphor for the Iraq invasion. I bet he comes to his senses in the final scene with the realisation that the slaughter of innocents doesn't really satisfy the soul. You know? :ar15firing5de:

Cue a Bunch of Men doing this again at Christmas Parties

The-Rambo.jpg

I'll f***ing sue you for invasion of privacy.

Three ties and the truth was all I had back then.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Yup, great assumption, hit the nail right on the head there.
As i said, Rambo was good, but the franchise thereafter was terrible. So i'm here voicing my opinions (all be it light hearted), no need to take so much offence, yeah?
I was hoping - from the banter i was having with Charlie - you could see that it was a bit tongue in cheek.

I can't believe you're basically asking my why i'm here posting if i don't like the sound of it.
Ok, "If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything."
If you tell me you honestly stand by that in life then i will happily stop posting.
I was there when Ripper was absolutely laying into 300 when that topic was posted (not picking on Ripper or anything) but I never saw you questioning him then, you know?
Come on, it's a bit of fun.

I could have put a smiley face sticking out his tongue on my post replying to shtove, but to be quite frank, i didn't want to patronise anyone by feeling i have to explain my every post.
[/b][/quote]

I wasn't that serious about it myself. Must've chose the wrong emoticons.

I could see you were largely joking, but thought I'd use your posts as a chance to reference people bagging stuff that they don't have to watch.

Don't go Rambo on me Cymru, or I'll be forced to go the other "John" on you.

Colonel John Matrix. What a name.

Latest posts