• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Johns to quit international stage

i wouldnt rule him out yet

he thrives at the big scene, and may want more when he smells the menu

I bet if its 1-1 in s.o.o he'll come back for the 3rd game <_<

The everyone will be like "omg how cool is he"...while all the aussie's(well most) bagged out stacey jones for coming out of retirement.

Thats just my opinion tho. :ph34r:

He's the most overrated human being since Judas Iscariot won the AD49 Best Disciple award, but he's still a very good player.

I know he might WANT to come back AK, but surely his body won't be up to it? He's spent the last 3 years injured, seriously at that, not just little bumps and bruises.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 07:37 AM
He's the most overrated human being since Judas Iscariot won the AD49 Best Disciple award, but he's still a very good player.

I know he might WANT to come back AK, but surely his body won't be up to it? He's spent the last 3 years injured, seriously at that, not just little bumps and bruises.
He's not over-rated when fully fit. Don't judge his career on his short stint at Warrington.

As if I'd do that. Playing for Warrington would only raise his stock cockle, they're the future! B)

I've always thought him a VERY good player, but never as good as he's made out to be.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 09:37 AM
As if I'd do that. Playing for Warrington would only raise his stock cockle, they're the future! B)

I've always thought him a VERY good player, but never as good as he's made out to be.
There isn't really anyone in the last 10 years (bar Stacey Jones) that has come close to him.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 09:49 AM
I've always preferred the Lockyer's and the Webke's of the world.
Well you can include Lockyer in my list but as far as skilful players go thas it really.

Prior to that we had the likes of Langer, Edwards, etc.

Edwards is the most overrated player in history. Never before has anyone benefitted so much from the hard work of other people.

Edwards was world class. Why do many Wiganers regard huim as the best they've ever seen, it's not like we've had a shortage of legends over the years?

He wasn't half the player McGuire is going to be. Edwards just followed up everyone elses breaks, McGuire does the same but can also dummy his way through.

Edwards would struggle badly in Super League.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 09:59 AM
He wasn't half the player McGuire is going to be. Edwards just followed up everyone elses breaks, McGuire does the same but can also dummy his way through.

Edwards would struggle badly in Super League.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

_41499372_edwards203270a.jpg

Sadly I don't seem to be able to find a picture of him cowardly assaulting Bradley Clyde at Wembley in 1994.....

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Mar 31 2006, 10:16 AM
Sadly I don't seem to be able to find a picture of him cowardly assaulting Bradley Clyde at Wembley in 1994.....
A few months back on MSN you said that was a classic.

It was a classic cheap shot, indeed. What it was was grossly irresponsible. Only Morley has let GB down more (that I can remember) with such actions.

Adrian "12 second warning" Morley

Latest posts