• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jonah Lomu Returns to Videogames in Rugby Challenge

i hated all the other rugby challenge games so i hope this is better,

ay??? lomu was in EA Sports Rugby 2004

Any in '08 as J. Lamo for Cardiff.
He left in 2006, but '08's rosters are a different story...

Finally..and he'll actually be good rather then J Lamo

No, but there is a reason why. We hope to announce platforms in the first few months of next year.

In the mean time, there is some strong speculation and reporting that the game is coming to PS3, 360, and PC.

For now, the closest you have to a rugby union ***le on Wii is Rugby League 3 for Wii which we released earlier this year. If you pick that up, I'd recommend playing with a Gamecube controller.

But only if you completely ignore Rugby League Live on the 360 and PS3.

What game was your avatar in?, that was a class try!. :)

Well he better not pull any tricks like that outta the bag when/if my bandwagon team Wallaby meets your mob next year.;)

I guess 3 tries in 2 tests against the Aussies ain't a bad record! :p

well i'm stoked for this. 1 good thing from this is the fact SIDHE are motion capturing his trademarks etc meaning that there will at least be a hand-off/fend when attacking :D :D best news ever for me. maybe there will be some motion capture on signature "Steps" :D :D (fingers crossed anyways). As long as theres a classic match to trample all over england then i'll be happy :D :D

This is a great signing for Sidhe. As mentioned, 2K got the catch of the year with Michael Jordan, and the game has flown into orbit around another solar system.

If they made a RL game, they could do worse than add Martin Offiah, and iconic players like that. Imagine a scenario mode where you are player locked as players like Rupeni Caucau, Christian Cullen, Jonah Lomu and Matt Dunning. Dunning mode would be funny. It'd be like.. see how many yards you can waddle before the urge to consume a pie distracts you.

Last edited:
Dunning mode would be funny. It'd be like.. see how many yards you can waddle before the urge to consume a pie distracts you.

Harsh but funny as hell :D :D Hell of a shout tho, i can see this being very much like the 2K NBA (haven't played but reviewers bum it). As i previously said... LOMU trampling over ENGLAND is a must :D :D and probably any other side in world, but Trampling over Mike Catt is a must :D :D

I'm glad to see Lomu's going to be in the game,
I really hope that he's not available from the start of the game (that he needs to be unlocked somehow) would be great to have a few other Legends of the game...

What would Lomu's stats look like???

STATS-------------------------------ATTRIBUTES
Speed - 94------------------------------Scoring
Acceleration - 91--------------------Tackle Breaker
Agility - 89------------------------------Tackling
Handling - 84
Passing - 86
Kicking - 38
Kicking Power - 81
Goal Kicking - 22
Tackling - 92
Strength - 99
Rucking - 48
Scrummaging - 32
Hooking - 29
Line-outs - 37
Aggression - 98

But his "Tackle Breaking" would have to be unique.
Since this game has all that fancy Physics stuff, having a guy this size with that much strength/speed would be pretty amazing to see...

Im a little late to the party on this, but am glad the we will have two rugby games to
play with come the 2011 world cup.

However, the more money that HES spends on licences, graphics, legends etc the less money they
have for gameplay and in particular the AI which has been the only major shortcoming of ALL of
sidhes current RL ***les and no amount of licensed teams and players will keep me playing any of
those.

I look forward to hearing some announcments about gameplay and AI but also know that despite having a larger
budget for this than RL, there is not an endless supply of cash and we can see where the lions share of it is going already.

However, the more money that HES spends on licences, graphics, legends etc the less money they
have for gameplay and in particular the AI which has been the only major shortcoming of ALL of
sidhes current RL ***les and no amount of licensed teams and players will keep me playing any of
those.

The budget for licensing is seperate to the budget allocated to us for development. And the budget we have for development is higher than for any RL ***le we have done previously (and higher than RLL's budget).

That is some really good news. I really hope you guys can put something together for hard/legendary that is a tough
challenge and yet stays true to the fundamentals of rubgy.

I look forward to hearing more about the gameplay/AI.

The budget for licensing is seperate to the budget allocated to us for development. And the budget we have for development is higher than for any RL ***le we have done previously (and higher than RLL's budget).

I hope the top14 and mangers league are on rugby challenge and the gameplay is more better then that of the rugby league ***les that were made,and the button lay out is silimar to that of rugby 08 that H.B studios because 08 button config are so good.Thanks Mario for all the info so far looking forward to more news in the near future.

That is some really good news. I really hope you guys can put something together for hard/legendary that is a tough
challenge and yet stays true to the fundamentals of rubgy.

I look forward to hearing more about the gameplay/AI.

Couldn't agree more! the difficulty on Rugby 06 was pathetic! Elite was more like a medium... Perhaps having sliders that can enhance CPU defensive awareness and CPU offensive awareness would add to the challenge. that way if the hardest setting isn't enough you can take it up another notch...

Latest posts