• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

But there are hardly and black players in the team anyway. Beast, Mvovo and that's it in the starters (And they've been 2 of SA's best players this game). So if it's only 2 players in a starting XV, how's that ruining SA rugby (Not in any way supporting or justifying the racist side of it, talking strictly from a rugby perspective)

Kolisi? Mapoe?

The issue is probably one more of morale though - that and the known one of white SA players leaving SA younger and younger.

How many white South Africans that have left would walk into the current South African team?

South African rugby has a massive race engagement issue; non-white groups appear to have grievances towards the sport. It is seen as a sport only for white people. The only way of getting rid of this as an issue is by forcing SARU to invest in black communities. The short-term damage will hopefully be offset by more involvement by black people in the sport.

Last edited:
Are you saying you think chargedowns should be illegal, or that you should be penalised purely on outcome?

If your chargedown ends up hitting the opposition player violently in the head, expect a card, regardless of whether they're injured or not.

So purely based on outcome then. Glad we cleared that up.

I expect consistency on this from you now.

So purely based on outcome then. Glad we cleared that up.

I expect consistency on this from you now.

He literally said regardless of injury or not, so not based on outcome. It's based on whether your charge down is potentially dangerous for the player kicking, especially if it involves their head.

How many white South Africans that have left would walk into the current South African team?

Not a lot, because they all move overseas now. And they aren't getting the chance to play based on their quality at a lower level.

He literally said regardless of injury or not, so not based on outcome. It's based on whether your charge down is potentially dangerous for the player kicking, especially if it involves their head.

No.

The outcome being someone getting hit in the head, not the action that led to it.

Rudy Paige should not be on the team. Nyakane is a disgrace to rugby

- - - Updated - - -

210 seconds to score a try. Not going to happen

South African rugby has a massive race engagement issue; non-white groups appear to have grievances towards the sport. It is seen as a sport only for white people. The only way of getting rid of this as an issue is by forcing SARU to invest in black communities. The short-term damage will hopefully be offset by more involvement by black people in the sport.

So you're pro quota's in sport?

I'd say that the getting hit in the head is the action, whether the player is injured or not is the outcome. But sorry, misunderstood what you meant.

What if he gets hit in the head, but the hit is milder because the contact wasn't full on, not even dropping lambie to the ground. Would that be a red in your book?
I mean, it is "potentially dangerous to the kicker" yet the outcome is completely different. Insincerely doubt the would gave given him a red card in that situation.

Do you think the RFU should be forced to impose non-privately educated quotas on the EPS?

I mean... most people in this country think that Rugby is only for posh people....

What if he gets hit in the head, but the hit is milder because the contact wasn't full on, not even dropping lambie to the ground. Would that be a red in your book?
I mean, it is "potentially dangerous to the kicker" yet the outcome is completely different. Insincerely doubt the would gave given him a red card in that situation.

Then it still needs to be a red. Yes, rugby's a contact sport, but contact with the head needs to be cut out, and the fastest, most effective way to do that is to give reds. It's a shame for those that get one, but ultimately it is needed to keep the game as safe and as enjoyable as possible.

Latest posts