• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: South Africa vs. Ireland [3rd Test] (25/06/2016)

Close, but no cigar for Ireland. Still, no mean feat to win one match in SA, especially with the injuries and playing and winning the first test with 14 men.

NZ are gonna run away with the RC based on the showings of Aus and SA this June.

England - the only NH side to win a series v on of the big 3. :).

God damn it Ireland!!!!

Ireland officially the most frustrating team to watch in world rugby.

That is our style. Certainly not entertaining but effective. I'm really glad our defensive side has massively improved with Farrell. South Africa are evolving nicely though

That is our style. Certainly not entertaining but effective. I'm really glad our defensive side has massively improved with Farrell. South Africa are evolving nicely though

By frustrating, I meant your results, so agonizingly close, but so frustratingly short.

Ireland Player of the Series: Iain Henderson w/ honourable mentions to Trimble and Jackson.
South Africa Player of the Series: I don't really think anyone's particularly stood out, but I'll go for Damien De Allande. Honourable mentions to the 10 (Don't know his name) and Etzebeth.

Ireland Player of the Series: Iain Henderson w/ honourable mentions to Trimble and Jackson.
South Africa Player of the Series: I don't really think anyone's particularly stood out, but I'll go for Damien De Allande. Honourable mentions to the 10 (Don't know his name) and Etzebeth.

Henderson Payne or McGrath for me.

#10 = Elton Jantjies and very average
Faf de klerk our best player i would say
PSDT also massive

That was a hard but entertaining series of test match rugby. I love seeing these tough test matches. Not runaways like NZ v Wales today. That's so boring.
Faf was a little magician today.
Ireland really played well. If they are injury free, they should give NZ a good go at the end of year tour.

Last edited:
Ugh... This continues my curse! Te best result an Ieeland side have got when I've been working was a 1-1 draw to Scotland in Euro 2012 Qualifiers... Bet on Framce tomorrow. Well done South Africa, last weeks last 20 was the best rugby of the series and separated the sides in the end!

That was a hard but entertaining series of test match rugby. I love seeing these tough test matches. Not runaways like NZ v Wales today. That's so boring.
Faf was a little magician today.
Ireland really played well. If they are injury free, they should give NZ a good go at the end of year tour.

I'd agree here. Interest and quality is better when games are tighter. But also teams learn more in the tighter games. But equally NZ must be admired for fact they never really have transition period they just keep producing and winning

MM - silence is best you can expect!!

Just he was quick to slam when I didnt produce fact but when I got link no reply.

Anyways won't loose sleep. Games over so will move on. Better team won great battle but importantly Ireland learned alot

Just on this Le Roux has been cited rapidly. Reports were citing commisioners flagged it immediately after game.

Last edited:

loser.gif

Yeah, it must be so boring to watch brilliant running, excellent execution and sublime handling skills exhibited by champion players at the very top of their game. :rolleyes:

For what its worth Le Roux got a 1 week ban and well agreed it was a red card offence.

For what its worth Le Roux got a 1 week ban and well agreed it was a red card offence.

Quite right too in the context of other offences of a similar nature but no assistance to the Irish team at the time!

Cannot blame the ref, it was the view of the TMO that the ref relied on there.......

Quite right too in the context of other offences of a similar nature but no assistance to the Irish team at the time!

Cannot blame the ref, it was the view of the TMO that the ref relied on there.......

The ban I'm 100% ok with as I think he wasn't malicious just got it wrong. I don't think he misses anything but has been reprimanded and let's move on.

As for Glen Jackson I disagree he had views on screen too and didn't act. TMO got it completely wrong but both of them made balls of it.

Latest posts