• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018] Argentina vs. Wales (16/06/2018)

Wales are now 3rd in the world I think.

Gatland indicated such in his post-match.

Looking like a serious test team atm... professional, clinical, controlled, the most competition for places I have EVER seen in a Welsh team. With the World Cup on the horizon, timing seems to be on point too!

Looks like he might have done from the first angle, the angle shown later on doesn't look quite so much like it.

I'd only seen it live, And didn't notice anything then,
Looks like he's letting him know his opinions on the match result rather than having a nibble

Will that be ledesma stepping up then? done a fantastic job with the jaguares could do wonders with argentina.

So finally got round to seeing bits of this match and don't know what the red card fuss is about; RM got his head bounced off the turf with a fair bit of force (see Mako in the England game but much worse) and reacts. Can understand a red, but he shouldn't be alone and lesser of the two things especially with World Rugby and Co. continuously pushing player safety and head injuries/concussion.

Congratulations to Wales for getting the world #3 spot.

Apparently Moriarty bit Sanchez as well

Sanchez looked surprisingly apologetic to Moriarty at full time if that were the case. I just think that Moriarty told the little funt some home truths after taking a couple of cheap shots on the ground and literally scared the sh@ out of him.

Go back and watch Sanchez face as he goes STRAIGHT over to Moriarty at full time and embraces him apologetically.

How close to first choice was the Argentinian team cruz?

By what has been discussed on here last week prior to the game, pretty much the side that would have been expected to line up in this years Rugby Championship. Obvs there are some great Argies who are simply out of consideration due to playing outside of the country but it's basically the Jaguares side that has been doing pretty well of late.

Excellent display from Wales. Once again all the youngsters really stood-up and dominated a poor Argentina.

Elias, Aled Davies, Watkin & Adams were all excellent, and are really adding to the depth we're developing. Davies in particular is an interesting one. On the surface you look at the running threat Gareth Davies and Tomos Williams offer and automatically think they're the best options; but the control and pinpoint kicking game Aled Davies offered really added something different.

Garland has some real options emerging all over the park. Really excited going forwards to the world cup now. Patchell must start at 10 though!

What's the 1st choice Wales XV shaping up to look like? I'm not too knowledgable on Welsh rugby but something along the lines of:

1. Evans
2. Owens
3. Lewis (?)
4. Jones
5. Hill
6. Shingler/Moriarty
7. Warburton/Davies/Navidi/Jenkins
8. Faletau
9. Davies
10. Patchell
11. North
12. Parkes
13. Davies
14. Williams/Evans/Adams
15. Halfpenny/Williams

16. Elias
17. Smith
18. Francis/Lee
19. Beard/Davies/Davies
20. Any of the aforementioned backrowers
21. Williams/Davies
22. Anscombe
23. Any of the aforementioned back threes or Watkin/Williams

Looks like it could be very strong come the World Cup.

horrible knock on and penalty concerto.
finally hourcade is gone.
this is prof of his incapacity: he got a decent team and turn it into this slime-ish bunch of losers. Wales didn't do much. well executed. clear game plan, great 3d rowers. good game from nbr 10. arg made 15 turnovers and 10 pen. it was only in the last 20 min that los pumas played some phases (when bertranou came in) they weren't going anywhere but at least "played" for the rest of the game it was plain rubbish.
the red card was too much imo. the game was over. it was a small opinion exchange..
hope they can quickly wash this out before spoiling the jaguares season with a loss to the stormers at home

What's the 1st choice Wales XV shaping up to look like? I'm not too knowledgable on Welsh rugby but something along the lines of:

1. Evans
2. Owens
3. Lewis (?)
4. Jones
5. Hill
6. Shingler/Moriarty
7. Warburton/Davies/Navidi/Jenkins
8. Faletau
9. Davies
10. Patchell
11. North
12. Parkes
13. Davies
14. Williams/Evans/Adams
15. Halfpenny/Williams

16. Elias
17. Smith
18. Francis/Lee
19. Beard/Davies/Davies
20. Any of the aforementioned backrowers
21. Williams/Davies
22. Anscombe
23. Any of the aforementioned back threes or Watkin/Williams

Looks like it could be very strong come the World Cup.

In fairness to Samson Lee, if fully fit I'd imagine that he would still be the 1st choice TH.

2nd row is tough... with AWJ a given, it's tough on Hill, Ball , Beard & B Davies but I actually think it'll be Seb Davies by the RWC. Think he will have a very good development this season in the Heineken Cup.

Backrow: Faletau... and if fit, Warburton always plays well with Talupe... and right now Moriarty. Tough on everyone else I know. I'd
have Shingler in the 23.

And of the back 3, i'd go Steph and North, with LW at 15. Could and probably will be completely different though.

I think yr pretty spot with the rest.

Bench: Wynne Jones, Dee, DL, B Davies, Shingler, Tomos, Anscombe, Amos?

I think josh Adams has earned himself a start over steff Evans imo he really impressed me offensively and defensively last night.

Also Sanjay form has been a mish mash of late , if he recaptures the lions from then yes he deserved is place at fb but As it stands 1/2 penny fb, Adams and north , with Sanjay on bench as utility player covering wing and fb position

Last edited:
Surely it makes more sense to have a centre on the bench when you've already got Patchell/Anscombe covering the back three.

Surprised to see people clambering to get Halfpenny back in,
You've already got kicking options (Patchell was outstanding this tour) and every other option is a far better attacking choice.
Gotta roll the dice sometimes and not just go for the safe option. Amos is a massive upgrade, Same with Sanjay

Latest posts