• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just got the game

i think the game looks and plays quite realistic in spinning near end view. with the camera up high you don't get the same cartoony feel of the cut scenes but that's not a problem for me. i didnt like the cartoon style of WCR but this game doesn't bother me at all. the animations are really slick and well jointed together.

I also think it plays out far better than R2005, you can actually kick to where you want to go with the ball, passing is fluid, rucking is well balanced.

if you think its too fast you're probably holding the sprint button down constantly.

there's far more skill and tactical play required for RC2006 it's extremely good once you get into it.

on my first 2 days of playing i thought it was the same **** as WCR until i readjusted my perspective and actually started playing it like a rugby match and not WCR.

if you are playing in sideview I don't think it's realistic to be able to kick to touch and do drop goals at all.

i'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe you should try playing the game like rugby and you will find it plays like rugby.

I agree entirely with Inertia.

Air Ben, I haven't seen you yet, but I just bought Jacko for 190something grand )I think...)

He's a blindside flacker, but I'm playing him at 8 for now. He's pretty good.

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 10 2006, 09:12 AM

there's far more skill and tactical play required for RC2006 it's extremely good once you get into it.

on my first 2 days of playing i thought it was the same **** as WCR until i readjusted my perspective and actually started playing it like a rugby match and not WCR.

if you are playing in sideview I don't think it's realistic to be able to kick to touch and do drop goals at all.

i'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe you should try playing the game like rugby and you will find it plays like rugby.
Don't you think it depends on the teams you choose as well though? Seriously, you can be as good a tactical kicker as you like, but if you're playing on IC mode against a team with a better forward pack than you, it doesn't matter how good your kicking tactics are, because if the AI desides to keep the ball they'll have it untill you can score an intercept or a successful barge tackle because rucks are so hard to win...

Yeah, but retaining your own ball is easy peasy if you play sensibly. Stealing it comes along once in a blue moon, but it is possible.

Originally posted by j.simpson-daniel@Feb 10 2006, 08:15 AM
no offense and this is an honest question to jacko but r u serious?

id consider myself a rugby fan also, but u sound like a one man PR campaign for rugby challenge 2006

imo the game is awful...

1. graphics r a disaster...its 2006, not 1996 and the players look terribly rendered and the way they run is fairly comppical as well

2. lol the animations when players score is ridiculous and again poorly rendered

3.sorry but the quality of the graphics get another honrouable mention cus they r so horrible, espcially when i consdered rugby 2005 had sum fairly big improvements in that department, but this is just poor...the players look so unrealistic its an instant turn off

4.sprint bar? im assuming weve all played rugby at varying levels..personally ive played wing all my life and have never, nor ever seen sumone, who when being chased, or has made a brk will not be sprinting to their max potential..no matter wot the time in the game is...im not saying a players stamina wont decrease as the clock ticks and obviously a player cant sprint as fast in the first 10 mins as the last, BUT there is NO sprintometer which wears down....when the adrenalines pumpin and u know the line is beckoning u will bust a gut to get there no matter how tired, and will only get caught if the chasing player is faster than u

5.gameplay is too simplistic...i understand that its meant to be 'arcadey and fun' but they're suposed to be competing with ea sports, not their previous ***le WCR....rugby 2005, a simulation - admittedly a flawed one, uppped the bar with regard to how rugby is really played. ie alot of the time it is fowards pummelling around the base of rucks and mauls, freeing up space in the field and then releasing us backs to find holes for greater yardage...RC2006 just seems to basic to feel like real rugby and as such i played it in fairly brief spates for 3 days till i had to uninstall the damn thing, thinking this is a waste of my hard drive

6.on a more positive note i did find the offloading ability fairly good, although it didnt come off too often, but it was a nice addition

7. the sidestepping and barging ability was better than ea's and the hand off option was so so

theres more i cud say but won't...just to end with the fact that i respect the company behind it for tryin to create a rugby game in a serverely deplted market but i feel they wasted a great opportunity to up the ante and give ea a run for their money...ea will probably end up monopolising the market and get lazy, adding a few minor improvements every year since there will be no one pushing them
welcome to TRF Simpson Daniel

I disagree

its a good game

Jacko can protest to whomever he wants

Its 1000000's time better than RL2, which got a better score than RC2006

Jackos vented frustration is justified, because of this

Sidhe paid magazines..........how can that get 9/10

It's all opinion I guess... I personally don't think RC 06 is anywhere near as good as RL2 because I just think the gameplay, graphics etc are terrible from what I've played so far.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 10 2006, 11:02 AM
but I just bought Jacko for 190something grand )I think...)

190 something, **** i won't have enough to get me, better start saving. In the past two seasons, real life, i've played every position but front row/hooker and scrum-half - mainly because of size.

Am I tall and thin or am I incredibly bulky, muscle would be nice but fat???

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 10 2006, 01:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Inertia
@Feb 10 2006, 09:12 AM

Don't you think it depends on the teams you choose as well though? Seriously, you can be as good a tactical kicker as you like, but if you're playing on IC mode against a team with a better forward pack than you, it doesn't matter how good your kicking tactics are, because if the AI desides to keep the ball they'll have it untill you can score an intercept or a successful barge tackle because rucks are so hard to win... [/b]
yeah on IC mode it's very hard to steal in a ruck but it's also still not too difficult to retain your own ball if you don't get too isolated.

I'm not good enought to play on IC yet, playing as NZ against Australia they have put over 40 points on me every time.

I've gone back to normal mode for now until i can learn to create more sophisticated tries.

My biggest problem is the xbox controller for my pc. The analogue stick is set slightly too high and i find it really hard to chanage direction without my thumb being awkard on the stick, especially under the pressure of a game. the other problem with the controller is it's almost impossible to do a cut out pass using the quick tap on the understand buttons (the buttons your first finger sits on). it just doesn't work very often.

the wireless controller i've got it much better but unfortunately they have merged the plug to the wireless adapter so i can't plug it in to my pc cable :wall:

i'd use the keyboard but i bought the damn cable because the keyboard played like **** in RL 2.

Originally posted by Jacko+Feb 10 2006, 04:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 10 2006, 11:02 AM
but I just bought Jacko for 190something grand )I think...)

190 something, **** i won't have enough to get me, better start saving. In the past two seasons, real life, i've played every position but front row/hooker and scrum-half - mainly because of size.

Am I tall and thin or am I incredibly bulky, muscle would be nice but fat??? [/b]
You're average height. You're taller than me in the game damnit... But I'm faster. You're bulky but not fat. And I think you're quite tanned. It's hard to tell without a replay option...

Also, I really wish you could change every players position... My guy would make a great centre now, but he's stuck in the Loose-Forwards...

No, you were 160 grand I think.

I bought you when I was in division 2. Season 8 or 9 or something. It doesn't matter because it's all random anyway.

I've seen guys that I've sold going for 1,200 in Division 1.

Latest posts