• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just got the PS2 Version

N

ninjapirate

except i havent played it. my dad picked it up for me on the way home from work. but i have to do homework and can't play it until tomorrow. i really dont know why im posting this, but i guess tomorrow if anybody has any questions I can try and answer them. i got it from gamestop, actually.

I went down to Gamestop in Belfast this evening to try and sneak the game a night early - and they wouldn't give me it !!!

damn them anyways ... I'll have to go down town and get it 2moro (and I've gone a strained both my ham's too, so not a nice journey in store!)

alright so ive been playing it all afternoon, so if anybody has questions about the ps2 version, I'd be glad to answer them.
<

Seeing as some of the players names are incorrect, can you edit them easily?

Also, any chance of a review mate? Like good and bad points.

Originally posted by Bluebirds@Mar 12 2005, 11:37 AM
Seeing as some of the players names are incorrect, can you edit them easily?
You have to create a new player then edit your roster. It's a pain.

For the PC version, I'm compiling the correct names to include them directly in a mod (see this thread, help appreciated).

I discovered that when your rosters file is saved, it is read directly from the savegame. So I *think* it *may* be possible to launch the PC game with the correct rosters, save them and use the save file with the ps2 version. It's something we should try.

Well done ninja pirate using your skills and long hard training to get the game early. Well I have some question that everybody knows except me and I can't find it on the searches because this computer has so many Dans Guardian blocks that it even blocks words like "pick" sometimes:

How does the dummy half pick up the ball from the ruck and run?

How do you give the ball short to a charging forward?

How can you tell if you have won the ruck (as in what exact moment)?

How did you become a ninja?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Mar 11 2005, 10:58 PM
Well done ninja pirate using your skills and long hard training to get the game early.  Well I have some question that everybody knows except me and I can't find it on the searches because this computer has so many Dans Guardian blocks that it even blocks words like "pick" sometimes:

How does the dummy half pick up the ball from the ruck and run?

How do you give the ball short to a charging forward?

How can you tell if you have won the ruck (as in what exact moment)?

How did you become a ninja?
1. You can hit either square or circle, and the scrumhalf will pick up the ball and run (square is left, circle is right. i play on classic 2)

2. I belive it's R2, but it could work for L2 also. I've yet to try.

3. When it's on classic 2, the camera will be behind your team. Basically, you have to be fast and try and toss it out quickly, or put more forwards into the ruck. also sometimes you will just turn the ball over after being tackled, and i dont know what to do about that.

4. years and years of determination, skill, perseverance, training, and cuisine.

Thanks mate. Appreciate that. Looks similar to the earlier games in the series so that is great that you don't have to go through another learning curve.

Can you pick up from the ruck and run laterally or back towards your backs? (instead of plonking forward) Like Gregan sometimes does in real life. Or does the computer "make" you take a couple of steps forward before you take control.

How many tackle buttons are there?

What sort of cuisine is required for a healthy ninja come pirate?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Mar 11 2005, 11:55 PM
Thanks mate. Appreciate that. Looks similar to the earlier games in the series so that is great that you don't have to go through another learning curve.

Can you pick up from the ruck and run laterally or back towards your backs? (instead of plonking forward) Like Gregan sometimes does in real life. Or does the computer "make" you take a couple of steps forward before you take control.

How many tackle buttons are there?

What sort of cuisine is required for a healthy ninja come pirate?
You can run sideways, i've scored tries with my scrumhalf that way before. sometimes it's hard not to get tackled right away, so its best to run backwards a little bit before cutting upfield. To tackle theres the good ol' "run into them until they fall over" (sprinting with R2), and then X is dive tackle.

The cuisine/ninja/pirate question is classified information.

Great ninja....you are really making my day (unsual for ninjas).

I needed to know because I have a theory regarding the programming. They say that the backline (I do not know if this still holds true) get the ball from the ruck with a STANDING start (obviously except for the charging forward). My "theory" is that if the scrum half picked up the ball from the ruck and took one or two steps then the computer would not recognise this as "pass from the ruck - standing start reciever" and read it as "open play" since you have ALREADY chosen one of the options avilable at a ruck. Therefore in "open play" mode the backline should theoretically RUN WITH YOU in support (again I do not know if they have this support like style from JLR). Therefore (that word again) when the scrum half passes it whilst moving the first reciever should theoretically receive it ON THE MOVE!!! And there you have it......backs receiving on the run.

Brings into play other questions like: Can you pick up the ball from a ruck after selecting a set play.....and if you can how does that affect the set play? Imagine running across with the halfback 10 metres THEN executing the set play.

Oh dear.....I sound like someone thinking too much about something he hasn't got.

Originally posted by maddog79@Mar 12 2005, 05:15 PM
Ermm how do ya dummy. I CAN't do it! Me sucking may be a factor!
That thread on dummies gives a clear explanation.

The emphasis on not pushing the other pass button too early but rather to let the pass animation come out more was interesting

you know gay-guy, i truly know nothing about set plays. in this game, if theres room, people will mvoe up to support you all the time, so if you run with the scrumhalf the backs support you on the run. its 12:30 in the morning, and i should be getting to sleep. ill play some more tomorrow and experiment with set plays, then get back to you. g'night

is gavin henson any good in the game and who are the best players. also are the england and wales and ireland squads updated. eg is dallaghio still playing and is cueto playing 4 england. for wales is henson playing and 4 ireland is gordon d'arcy starting

also in locksley review he says the kicks do not go as far as you want them to. for eg how far can you get the ball kicking from ur own 22 ( penalty or open play )
and can players stop then take a kick or do u always have to take it on the run.

cheers

Originally posted by tomthebomb@Mar 12 2005, 03:12 PM
is gavin henson any good in the game and who are the best players. also are the england and wales and ireland squads updated. eg is dallaghio still playing and is cueto playing 4 england. for wales is henson playing and 4 ireland is gordon d'arcy starting

also in locksley review he says the kicks do not go as far as you want them to. for eg how far can you get the ball kicking from ur own 22 ( penalty or open play )
and can players stop then take a kick or do u always have to take it on the run.

cheers
gavin henson is good. tana, rupeni, brian o'driscoll, shane williams, chris patterson, chris latham, wendell sailor, are all really good. i havent been all the teams yet, so i don't know about dallaglio and cueto. im also not sure about the three squads, wales seems to be updated. kicks dont go as far as you want them, from the 22 maybe a little past the 50. and i think you can stop then take a kick, but i dont know why you would want to.

with regards to the right anolouge stick i have heard it can perform special tackles and tricks. are the tricks hard to do and our are they just luck. which tricks can one perform and can more skilled players such as j.robinson peform this moves better than less skilled players such as steve thompson.
to win a match do have to cut inside and use crash balls or can u just move it to ur wings each time until u score. and if u spread it to ur wingers straight away do u lose the ruck and are their penaltys for holding on etc etc.

soz i have asked alot of questions but i am dying of getting my hands on this game
it looks awesome

cheers

Originally posted by tomthebomb@Mar 12 2005, 03:36 PM
with regards to the right anolouge stick i have heard it can perform special tackles and tricks. are the tricks hard to do and our are they just luck. which tricks can one perform and can more skilled players such as j.robinson peform this moves better than less skilled players such as steve thompson.
to win a match do have to cut inside and use crash balls or can u just move it to ur wings each time until u score. and if u spread it to ur wingers straight away do u lose the ruck and are their penaltys for holding on etc etc.

soz i have asked alot of questions but i am dying of getting my hands on this game
it looks awesome

cheers
if you flick the analog stick right or left to where you are walking you will sidestep, if you flick it forward you will shoulder charge, and if you flick it back you will basically stiff arm them in the face. you can win a game any way, but it seems that you move faster by passing to wings and centers and cutting upfield through gaps. the ability to perform moves depends on strength, agility, and tackled breaking, so j.rob would naturally be better then steve thompson. there are penalties for holding on and stuff, and i have no idea what you mean by "and if u spread it to ur wingers straight away do u lose the ruck". sorry.

sorry i put i badly. you know how in real life if a teams passes it v. quickly out to the winger, the winger then becomes isolated. the other team normally will then normally turn it over or in rugby 2005 do all the forwards suddenly appear at the breakdown and win the ball. basically is what im trying to ask is if turnovers are common and how do u win or get turned over in the ruck

cheers

Latest posts