• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just played the PC version and...

L

locksley

...it's WAY better, both graphically and playability wise over the PS2 version!

Hell, I don't even own a decent joypad with analog sticks, but I much prefer to use a digital pad on the PC than the PS2's analog stick!

Brilliant!

Originally posted by locksley@Mar 11 2005, 11:23 AM

Hell, I don't even own a decent joypad with analog sticks, but I much prefer to use a digital pad on the PC than the PS2's analog stick!

Brilliant!
Hi Locksley - any chance you could explain the areas that the PC version different?

Originally posted by jimmy44+Mar 11 2005, 11:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Mar 11 2005, 11:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Mar 11 2005, 11:23 AM

Brilliant!
Hi Locksley - any chance you could explain the areas that the PC version different? [/b]
I don't know what it is really, I can't put my finger on it!

I think using the D-pad rather than an analog stick really helps me for some reason! As you know, I'm not the greatest gamer in the world, and I found it hard to score on the PS2 version, but, the PC version seems a tiny bit more responsive andyou benefit more from it!

Also, my PC pad has passing on the face buttons (like Xbox), and it's so much better! Strange, I really thought that the Xbox config would stump me, but after playing the PC version using controls like it, it's really really good!

Originally posted by locksley+Mar 11 2005, 11:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Mar 11 2005, 11:39 AM)</div>
Originally posted by jimmy44@Mar 11 2005, 11:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Mar 11 2005, 11:23 AM

Brilliant!

Hi Locksley - any chance you could explain the areas that the PC version different?
I don't know what it is really, I can't put my finger on it!

I think using the D-pad rather than an analog stick really helps me for some reason! As you know, I'm not the greatest gamer in the world, and I found it hard to score on the PS2 version, but, the PC version seems a tiny bit more responsive andyou benefit more from it!

Also, my PC pad has passing on the face buttons (like Xbox), and it's so much better! Strange, I really thought that the Xbox config would stump me, but after playing the PC version using controls like it, it's really really good! [/b]
Sounds good - I couldn't decide between PS2 and PC but I recon with all the positive talk about the PC version theres no contest! Problem is I've just gone out and bought a PS2 adaptor for my PC, so I can use the PS2 controller. From your comments that doesn't sound like such a good plan!
<

Which controller have you got?

Cheers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Sounds good - I couldn't decide between PS2 and PC but I recon with all the positive talk about the PC version theres no contest! Problem is I've just gone out and bought a PS2 adaptor for my PC, so I can use the PS2 controller. From your comments that doesn't sound like such a good plan! 

Which controller have you got?[/b]

Mate ive been playing the PC version with a logitech controller which is identical to a ps2 controller with the shoulder buttons as passing and sprint and everything and the game plays great, so i wouldnt worry.

I love the massive tackles you can put on in this game and the late passing is so sweet when you pop it just before you get nailed.
<

One happy customer!

So locks now that you have the PC version, tell me can you perform a dummy because ive tried everything for ages and had no success ive read all the threads about people saying they can do it but maybe it can only be done on the consoles because ive never pulled one off in a game.

Yes you can perform a dummy , It works differently than other games ...

Here is what you do , on the PC version your passing keys is a and d right.

Ok hold a and press d , your player will dummy to the right and then pass left.

Same the other way round.

But you can't perform a dummy without passing the ball

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Mar 11 2005, 06:31 PM

Here is what you do ,  on the PC version your passing keys is a and d right.

you can't perform a dummy without passing the ball
Really, now that is really wierd. On the x-box you can and it seems like some players do it better then others and if you wait just a mil sec longer it is more convincing and you don't pass the ball you keep it. You guys have to test out more, you have to be really quick at the button presses, I think what problem is, is that with the shoulder buttons you can not do it as quick as face buttons like the x-box version. Please try again in practice mode, but it only works when you are going up toward the opp tryline and not your own.

cheers and Salu

Originally posted by lionmaul+Mar 12 2005, 12:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lionmaul @ Mar 12 2005, 12:10 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Springbokfan
@Mar 11 2005, 06:31 PM

Here is what you do ,  on the PC version your passing keys is a and d right.

you can't perform a dummy without passing the ball
Really, now that is really wierd. On the x-box you can and it seems like some players do it better then others and if you wait just a mil sec longer it is more convincing and you don't pass the ball you keep it. You guys have to test out more, you have to be really quick at the button presses, I think what problem is, is that with the shoulder buttons you can not do it as quick as face buttons like the x-box version. Please try again in practice mode, but it only works when you are going up toward the opp tryline and not your own.

cheers and Salu [/b]
I think maybe its because if you are using, the keyboard some keyboards don't allow you to use macros, that is you cant have 2 keys pressed down at the same time it only register 1, this may be why you pass the ball rather then keep it.

Locks, you have to play the x-box version now.
<
And let us know what version of Rugby 2005 is the best. I have x-box version was debating on the ps2 version that question has been answered, now I am wondering if to get the PC version.
<

Latest posts