• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just played xbox...

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Mar 13 2005, 01:01 PM
Hmmm... Spot the fanboy...
I really dont understand all this ps2 vs xbox crap. I have no affiliation to one or the other and really dont care which is better than the other.

All im interested in is quality games. In this case Rugby 2005 plays much, much better on the xbox.

I would go so far as to say this is an absolute fact and I think if you even spoke to the programmers they would confirm that it is not a matter of opinion.

This could be due to unoptimised code used for the ps2 but either way xbox is the best of the consoles for R2005.

Edited orig post to include white/black buttons to run in ruck/scrum. Perhaps I could create a new thread devoted to just this sort of stuff (to perhaps get stickied so everyone is on the same page?) Would someone also like to copy my list changing things for the PS2 controls as well? As for the FAQ thing, I'm not going into super dooper detail with best players and updated rosters etc. Basically I wanted to make something to explain the controls and set plays. Basically a detailed instruction manual for those people that don't have one.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Mar 14 2005, 01:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Mar 14 2005, 01:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Mar 13 2005, 01:01 PM
I really dont understand all this ps2 vs xbox crap. I have no affiliation to one or the other and really dont care which is better than the other.

All im interested in is quality games. In this case Rugby 2005 plays much, much better on the xbox.

I would go so far as to say this is an absolute fact and I think if you even spoke to the programmers they would confirm that it is not a matter of opinion.

This could be due to unoptimised code used for the ps2 but either way xbox is the best of the consoles for R2005. [/b]
I'm in the same camp of not caring about which console is which - I was refering to Los Lover and his regular bullshit posting...

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Mar 14 2005, 04:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 14 2005, 04:57 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 14 2005, 01:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

This could be due to unoptimised code used for the ps2 but either way xbox is the best of the consoles for R2005.
I'm in the same camp of not caring about which console is which - I was refering to Los Lover and his regular bullshit posting... [/b]
Yea he is a bit of an over reacting fanboy when it comes to the PSII LOL.
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Mar 14 2005, 05:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 14 2005, 05:57 AM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Mar 14 2005, 01:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

I'm in the same camp of not caring about which console is which - I was refering to Los Lover and his regular bullshit posting... [/b]
<<yawn>>

And you don't dip your wic in the PC on every post too eh buddy?

In some of the other threads..and even this one...I think I mention that Xbox graphics are better and that I can see where people are coming from.

Just cos we had a small NH v SH battle once which you ran away from, doesn't mean you need to start throwing words like "bullshit" around OK!? I'm not biting.

<

Anyway, I have a v good tv (from cash converters recently) and I have ordered the sony component video cable for three digital and two audio connectors to bring pisture to a point that actually threatens to eclipse the Xbox graphics on normal mode....

and I HATE the xbox controls - that's just my opinion (and really, honestly anyone's who's played or used both types)...I like passing on top...

Teh Mite...

oh forget it.

How does the Xbox version compare with PC, presentation wise (gfx, framerate etc.), I have the game on PC and i must say it is pretty bloody awesome with everything right up (res, AA, LOD).

Im not sure whether i should put this in another thread, but i personally think that the kicking in this game is very realistic and enjoyable. Eg. I kicked from my 22 and found touch about 1m away from oppostions 22 on the full. (that was with Ricky Flutey) And the only time that I might do a poor kick is when using a player that isnt good at kicking anyway.
overall: Great game.

Latest posts