• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just purchased a new laptop...need some help!

G

Goth Power

Although I don't recieve my new laptop till Tuesday sometime I require some spec-like assistance.

I wish to run Halo 2 and game's such like on my new laptop but when reading the specs it runs on integrated graphics, and I am not sure whether the specs of the processor and laptop are capable of running the game as I understand IG runs of the processors memory instead of the graphics card memory.

The specs are as follows:

Intel Core Duo Processor T2130 (1.86Ghz)
2GB DDR2 Ram
160GB HD
Model Number: Notino W5700-T2130 160GB blk

These are the only available specs that have anything to do with what I am asking, if you wish to refer to the item the full description is:

"Hi-Grade Core Duo T2130 laptop in black/silver with 15.4in display, memory upgrade and Vista software"
I have purchased it from Littlewoods as I am cheap, please help me out.

It will when I get the laptop, I won't get it till Tuesday, but thanks for the link!

it will definitely struggle with more recent games but you might get away with something like halo 2 on low settings.

That's what I originally thought esoj.

I thought maybe perhaps there where a few geeks on here who could help me and tell but hey ho, bet they're all plotting to take over the world through the use of HTTP.

:p

You should have shopped around a bit more first. Don't want to upset you but something like this is a much better laptop for a lot less money! It too only has intergrated graphics, but that would be ok for some older games as esoj said. You could have probably found a laptop with some dedicated graphics for the money you paid, which would boost gaming performance tenfold. Also, Vista home premium is a minimum in my view, basic's a bit well...... ****.

Sorry for the bad news, but it aint too late to return the laptop you've bought and buy something different instead.

Edit: I'd also stick to a well known brand such as HP, Sony (bit expensive), Fujitsu etc. I've had some bad experiences with these Chinese random makes.

I've had to get this one as I can't afford anything more and I have to pay from littlewoods on the weekly as I am skint atm, so this will do me for what I need...I just wanted to have a crack at Halo 2 on the pc instead of buying for Xbox and getting achievements at the same time.

Got the laptop, its cool.

Runs like a beauty and I checked that website and it can run it just not amazingly, well obviousley.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Goth Power @ Oct 1 2008, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Got the laptop, its cool.

Runs like a beauty and I checked that website and it can run it just not amazingly, well obviousley.[/b]

integrated graphics will only go so far. if game give you trouble try turning the graphics settings down and then try lowering the resolution.

I'm going to borrow from a mate first, im not shelling out 20 quid and then find its utter balls and not worth playing.

Latest posts