• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Killzone 2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 14 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Single player. I never got into the online play; Halo 3 was much better IMO.

I'm also sick and tired of WW2 shooters, the market is far too saturated.[/b]
I never played Halo 3 so I don't know how the targetting system worked on it....though I have watched someone else play it. Halo 2 on the normal xbox had a great feel regardijng sensitivity and accuracy and you can see this a lot watching peoples xbox montages on youtube. If Halo 3 had the same feel (I can only guess they would) then I probably would have rated it as better than COD4 as I judge FPS games on a console by their ability to emulate the accuracy of a mouse....and we all know a mouse is both quick and deadly accurate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 14 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
**** this a Xbox sites short preview. Dam even they cant deny that it is good.

http://blog.360magazine.co.uk/uncategorize...llzone-edition/[/b]
Some things I am a bit sceptical about....the motion blurred technique used in Gears that KZ2 has taken may be a cover up for bad graphics. I know the developers say they put it in to enhance the experience but I sometimes think perhaps that clarity of vision would better enhance the experience. I suppose we have to wait and see. The xbox reviewer though really liked it and one thing of note that he says caught my attention "it’s really satisfying to play" has made me rethink my perspective on it as my view on KZ2 is kind of based on the KZ1 experience I had...which was unsatisfying. I am hopeful about the FPS cover system....I am really into cover and peeking systems...something that I felt the COD series could have done more with (side cover-peek a boo) and something I did not like at all with the Halo series. So the cover system in KZ2 may actually really get me into this game as I love feeling untouchable...like some sort of SAS guy lol!

The more I find out stuff about this Killzone 2 game the more I see flaws in my admiration for Call of Duty Modern Warfare. COD4 had not so perfect aim movement and now that I think about it the cover system in it could have been better...especially with peek a boos around the corner. Popping out the side from cover in Goldeneye made it such a great game...yet COD4 has no such system...it is just run out and hope your bullets hit them before they hit you.

Anyway Killzone 2 is one of four games that are being released that I am keeping an eye on this year regarding GOTY. I am watching:

Bionic Commando (PC, Ps3, Xbox 360)
Killzone 2 (Ps3)
Halo Wars (Xbox 360)
Resident Evil 5 (Ps3, Xbox 360)

With Killzone 2 I will know within 10 minutes of playing whether it is a unique experience or just another attempt at overtaking COD as the great console shooter. For me personally I will judge it on its aim sensitivity and its cover system as these for me personally were what I thought the flaws of COD.

i am phsyched for this - i'll get a headset JUST BECAUSE this is going to be awesome to verbal 32 players online!!

this is definitely a game the ps3 could use to get back into the race and be a system seller for sony. I haven't looked at the latest footage as I am on 56k dial up for another 2 days while I'm on holiday but from what I did see towards the end of last year it looked like cover was definitely a big element in mulltiplayer and it was a bit more tactical to a lot of shooters where you can simply just run and gun everyone down. This is the sort of shooter I would buy basically day one on the pc so I think everyone with a ps3 on here is in for a real treat with this game. I guess the big question will be how this stacks up to the cod games which from what I have heard have been huge on the consoles.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Jan 15 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I guess the big question will be how this stacks up to the cod games which from what I have heard have been huge on the consoles.[/b]
Yes COD games are huge...I entered the COD world without being exposed to the hype.

Anyway IGN have played the ENTIRE game of the final build and did a mini preview of it. Obviously they can't release exact details regarding the storyline and other details but they were very impressed and gave five reasons why they thought it would be a dominant game....which strangely seems to be similar to the five reasons they had given before touching the final build on why they thought it would fail lol!

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/944/944857p1.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Eye-Popping Presentation
...some of the best effects and use of lighting we've seen not just on Sony's console but anywhere....guaranteed to set forums alight... guaranteed to impress from start to finish... every new level presents countless jaw-dropping moments when you sit back and take it all in...constant thud of distant explosions and the whoosh of bullets cutting through the air in Dolby 7.1 is often enough to make you duck for cover, even though you're playing from the comfort of your living room.

Blood-Pumping Gameplay
...never a quiet moment in Killzone... never eases off the throttle...pace of the game is very much full-on...you've got to choose your resting points carefully...Helghast troops are clever enough to attempt to outflank you..

Tools of Destruction
...what Killzone gets right is that each weapon feels perfect to use...countless additional weapons scattered around each level ...You're also given the chance to play around with some really seriously military hardware, but we'll let you discover that for yourself when you play the game.

Killer AI
... Helghast actively hide behind available cover, where they'll pop out to rattle off a shot or, if it's getting too heated, fire blindly to minimise the chances of taking a bullet... what's really clever is the way they react to how you play: for example, lob in a grenade and they'll run into the open and risk being shot rather than face certain doom when the pineapple explodes in the face....rather than pop out of cover at exactly the same point every time, they'll keep moving around to prevent you from training your sights on one area and blowing their brains out the moment they stand up to take a shot.

Monster Multiplayer
...Killzone 2's Warzone multiplayer mode is a gem in its own right....much more than a straightforward deathmatch...option to play a basic 32-player scrap is certainly included....seven player types available to both ISA and Helghast forces....more you play the more badges and ranks you earn.....Each class is gifted with unique skills.... able to mix and match skills rather than forced to only play as one specific class....even if you're a rookie with no experience Killzone 2's multiplayer is a cinch to pick up and play....basic arsenal is decent enough to stand up against the big weapons provided you've got a steady aim.....hone your skills in the Skirmish mode, which serves up the same experience as playing online, only against bots.[/b]

Ah, the beauty of hype. The Star Wars prequels had a lot of that.... So did Danny Cipriani.

How many people exactly have played it? A few hundered?

How many of them are journalists who's job it is to talk up the PS3 - is in, it's what they're paid to do?

When <strike>generic fanboi blogs</strike> "Games websites" start writing articles about the hype surrounding a game, surely alarm bells will be ringing. All anyone knows so far is the game is very pretty. Some of the older memnbers of the board will remember the joke that was "Rise of the Robots" back in the 90's. If the internet was as big back then, I'm sure the hype surrounding that would have been very similar.

Killzone 2 has potential, but nobody actually knows what it's like yet. If it's like the last one, it'll still be a dog to play. That had about an equal amout of hype surrounding it.

Funnily enough, that one was also very pretty.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 15 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ah, the beauty of hype. The Star Wars prequels had a lot of that.... So did Danny Cipriani.

How many people exactly have played it? A few hundered?

How many of them are journalists who's job it is to talk up the PS3 - is in, it's what they're paid to do?

When <strike>generic fanboi blogs</strike> "Games websites" start writing articles about the hype surrounding a game, surely alarm bells will be ringing. All anyone knows so far is the game is very pretty. Some of the older memnbers of the board will remember the joke that was "Rise of the Robots" back in the 90's. If the internet was as big back then, I'm sure the hype surrounding that would have been very similar.

Killzone 2 has potential, but nobody actually knows what it's like yet. If it's like the last one, it'll still be a dog to play. That had about an equal amout of hype surrounding it.

Funnily enough, that one was also very pretty.[/b]

This game could definately be all hype just like GTA4 and end up being a flop but hey from what I have read it is going to be good(not the best ever) so will be a must buy for PS3.

Teh are you really judging this game by the first? Surley not cause that game had several issues from what I read and it was pointed out by the Journo's very early on in reviews.

You keep saying how only a couple of hundred have played it etc but alot of people have and stated that it is going to be a very good FPS. Are you going to blatanly ignore the good comments about the game? All games have issues no doubt but why so negative? Just cause it is a PS3 exclusive?

Ou contrare, are you dismissing/ignoring my points merely because I'm not saying "OMFG Killzone will be da ****!!1!ONE Look at da graffix!!!!1!!1111!"

Alas

facepalm8bu0.jpg

I give up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 16 2009, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ou contrare, are you dismissing/ignoring my points merely because I'm not saying "OMFG Killzone will be da ****!!1!ONE Look at da graffix!!!!1!!1111!"

Alas

facepalm8bu0.jpg

I give up.[/b]

Not at all. Its just you have not once said that it should be decent but rather willing it to fail to say I told you so. Hey Teh graphics are not the most important thing hence the fact that I was in love with PES and JLR but you cant deny it is now a massive factor in games as well.

If not you will probally love the Wii.

Latest posts