• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Killzone 2

I played a bit more of the campaign...well I am starting to like the campaign more....some scenes where the dynamic lighting was very impressive...shadows looked really cool.

I would probably enjoy the game fully if I had my secret weapon but it costs about $200.

Well this games release seems to have stirred up about as much interest on this forum as RL manager 2008!

I have a question for anyone whos willing to answer. It said in a review that you can fill games with bots if you dont have enough players. So can I create a game with just me and fill it with bots on both teams? Can I do this offline aswell? If so then I might get this afterall.

You used to be able to fill an online game with bots and play with mates but the developer left in the ability to rank up against them which turned into a controversy because with the bots being easier to manage people were just playing against bots to rank up to general real fast so they ended up patching the bots out of online play for now till they fix the 'problem'...bloody whiney eggs.

I didn't have a problem with it as I'd prefer to have everything available immediately so I didn't have to go through hours of play just to get to be able to play the game to it's fullest potential and besides what people failed to realise is when you select your gameplay options you can choose to play against players of similar rank or full rank so it isn't unfair, it is more jealousy I reckon.

The class system in this game doesn't really mean ****, it's just a tedious process to have to play for ages to unlock the online games full gameplay features and to give it a learning curve but while still slow, it is much quicker to fully level up than in COD, if you get a good number of kills and your team wins the round.

As for offline, you can play skirmish against and with bots but I think you have to play through online to level up and gain all guns and abilities.

There is no free for all, this is tactical team based play which has its upsides and downsides. You can go nuts trying to kill everything in site but you will learn fairly quickly that cover and sticking with squad mates keeps you alive longer.

I'm going to give it a bit more time to see how it evolves, It's taken a few days to get comfortable with the controls and adjust to team play and being more tactical than I am used to in COD. Mind you I haven't really gone too deep into those games mainly playing free for all, actually I'm quite tempted to give the other modes in COD a go now due to this game.

I'd say rent it first, see if it is right for you first, then decide.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Mar 1 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's taken a few days to get comfortable with the controls[/b]

Ok it is time for me to come clean on my SECRET WEAPON!

I have preordered (you gotta love Ps3 peripherals) the one and only!!!!

22082008519727_560.jpg

I am sick to death of controllers limiting me and WANTING to do something in your head but the controller analogue sticks limit you by being too slow. The version 2 of these is about to be released this month and I am very excited about it. Yes the left control grip IS six axis so YES you can still open the doors/valves things in KZ2. It works for all FPS games on Ps3 and also other non FPS games if you choose. It is fully programmable for optional customisation and is open to software upgrades coming through. Has an instant "slow" button if you want to toggle for instant slower movements and also has a "frag" button if you want super super button pressing when shooting.

Times like now I love Ps3 for being user freindly on its peripherals.

BTW...if any Ps3 user wants to know what it feels like to use a mouse in a FPS...then go hire Unreal Tournament 3 as that game supports any old mouse and keyboard to play (there are rumours circulating that Ps3 FPS games in the future will be open to standard mouse and keyboard use).

Yep...people in the States using the version 1 of these babies are those guys who when you watch your death on kill cam playing COD...well...they seem to have instant turn and lock on you kill type aiming....I always thought they were too good to be true.

I was looking for one of those as well, trade me gets them once in a while, saw an old auction, a version 1 went for 60 bucks a while back.

There are mixed reports of its use in killzone as the controls are weighted but still be much better than analog stick.

Yep, works a treat in COD. They aren't cheap though so might wait till COD6 and hope they sort out standard mouse support.

I don't think you would ever see mouse and keyboard become an option in ps3 games unless the developer actually puts in support for it like in ut3. Sony would never actively push something like that over their own controllers. keyboard and mouse becoming a control option in every fps game on the ps3 means you could use any keyboard and mouse without paying for a sony controller and giving them money.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Mar 1 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't think you would ever see mouse and keyboard become an option in ps3 games unless the developer actually puts in support for it like in ut3. Sony would never actively push something like that over their own controllers. keyboard and mouse becoming a control option in every fps game on the ps3 means you could use any keyboard and mouse without paying for a sony controller and giving them money.[/b]
It would only be FPS games really...other games are much better on the controller.

I bought this last week and despite having had the capability to for some time, it's the first time I've ventured online with my PS3. I was pretty concerned that I would get completely 'pwned' like the 'noob' that I am, but actually more than held my own - particularly on a pistols only game which I actually think is a great option for multiplayer, really slows the pace down and levels the playing field.

My one gripe with this is having to level up to play all the different character classes. I would love to play as a scout straight away, but guess there would be a lot of them about if it wasn't the hardest rank to obtain. I've seen a few threads on other forums where people will simply have a series of one on one games and take it in turns to help each other level up, and whilst i disagree with this, I do find it frustrating that it will take an absolute mountain of time online before I even have a hope of playing the higher classes. Anyone see this changing any time? Nope, thought it may be optimistic...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Mar 6 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Mar 1 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think you would ever see mouse and keyboard become an option in ps3 games unless the developer actually puts in support for it like in ut3. Sony would never actively push something like that over their own controllers. keyboard and mouse becoming a control option in every fps game on the ps3 means you could use any keyboard and mouse without paying for a sony controller and giving them money.[/b]
It would only be FPS games really...other games are much better on the controller.
[/b][/quote]

even so sony would prefer people buying their controllers instead of not buying them. all roads lead to sony!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Mar 8 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Mar 6 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Mar 1 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

even so sony would prefer people buying their controllers instead of not buying them. all roads lead to sony!
[/b][/quote]
Yes....unless Sony creates something close to what Splitfish have. Then they get both markets and it might be the make or break for FPS console people trying to decide between the 360 or the Ps3.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Mar 8 2009, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I bought this last week and despite having had the capability to for some time, it's the first time I've ventured online with my PS3. I was pretty concerned that I would get completely 'pwned' like the 'noob' that I am, but actually more than held my own - particularly on a pistols only game which I actually think is a great option for multiplayer, really slows the pace down and levels the playing field.

My one gripe with this is having to level up to play all the different character classes. I would love to play as a scout straight away, but guess there would be a lot of them about if it wasn't the hardest rank to obtain. I've seen a few threads on other forums where people will simply have a series of one on one games and take it in turns to help each other level up, and whilst i disagree with this, I do find it frustrating that it will take an absolute mountain of time online before I even have a hope of playing the higher classes. Anyone see this changing any time? Nope, thought it may be optimistic...[/b]

I didn't like having to unlock all of the classes so I made friends with some guys and we just took turns killing each other to get our classes maxed out and did some of the objectives to get some of the tougher badges. Having a headset helps in doing so.

It is a good fun game but by no means is it as big as the hype before release suggested, can get very hectic with 32 players, with 8 or 16 it becomes more tactical.

Haven't had any lag thus far but have had to turn off the console twice due to two freezes in two games which was a bit annoying.

Done two or three levels of campaign mode and it's allright, nothing special imo but good fun nonetheless.

Looking forward to seeing if COD6 can raise the bar that COD4 set.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Mar 8 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looking forward to seeing if COD6 can raise the bar that COD4 set.[/b]
After what happened with COD5 and how fans have shown disappointment...COD6 will have infinity ward pulling out all the works for sure.

Latest posts