• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Killzone 2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 12 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Feb 11 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a bit perplexed when the reviewers say it is the best looking game on PS3 which is crazy as they all played MGS4.[/b]
Well they played the full version...not the demo. If we had played the full version we probably may have seen a bit more depth in the graphics further along the game.

The game really does remind me of Gears....which I liked....I like the battle scarred environments of Gears and how everything looks like a battle wasteland. You get a sense of dependency on your friends in a hostile environment...that war comraderie.

I think when I get the game I am gonna wait till everyone is asleep...then start playing it all through the night. When the sun comes up I will put it away...not touch it at all...until everyone again has gone to sleep...play the mission alone in the dark. This for me will recreate my first THRILLING FPS experience so many many moons ago...playing DOOM. My Doom experience was something special I will never forget...a full immersion into the game all alone at night.

Another thing I may do to enjoy the REAL experience of FPS combat is...whenever I die...I will restart the game from the BEGINNING. This will keep me on a sharper edge (as I have become quite blase with FPS respawning etc) and make victory or defeat in every gun battle all the more intense. Also it will make playing the story last longer.

Since logically I can't play the game alone unless it is the weekends....it looks like this game will last a whole year for me before I get to the end of the story.

I may just download Doom so I can fully appreciate how far graphics have come since those early days. I honestly worshipped Doom and thought the graphics were magnificent...evey stage I found delightful.....so hard to imagine now because Doom is really one big lego game lol!
[/b][/quote]

Yes true it is only the demo but surely the full version cant be that different! I am not gutted as I actually like the game play so will be getting it anyway mainly to hook up with you boys for some Multi-owning lol.

It will be the first FPS shooter game I ever play as not a big fan of them but willing to give this a go. We definately all have to get mics or else it will be pointless in the team aspect.

Not to sure if it was my tv or if it was all to much to take in trying to play a FPS for the first time, but the more I play the demo and the better I get with time to take in whats going on around me this game is pretty good and the animations and lighting are amazing.

I think it was the art style after the ultra clean clinical MGS4 that took some getting used but now I am starting to see alot of great things in this game and little touches. Each time I play it something new happens in terms of the enemy AI doing something different and catching me off guard.

After having played the demo about 8 times just one small example is when I cleared the last section covering your mate while he opens the door then you follow him through and the credits roll, but on this occasion I jump off the bridge to really get stuck into the Helghast up close and pretty much clean them up, so thinking its over I run up the stairs and round the corner and start getting riddled with bullets thinking sh*t I cleared everyone and normally the Helghast do not come up here only to see the Helghast dude taking cover behind the door and popping out with a few short burst and then hiding, so I enter into a nice little fire fight that I just did not expect which was a nice little touch.

For those that have the demo it must be played a couple of times if it did not rock your boat the first time and trust me it gets better and better everytime. I think the Cover system is awesome as well.

I am now glad that I pre-ordered this game after actually being a little underwhelmed buy the demo st first, as I find myself going back to play the demo alot now and wanting to see what happens next after the credits roll.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Feb 16 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 16 2009, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Feb 13 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was all to much to take in trying to play a FPS for the first time,[/b]
Oh dear...we are so gonna own you lol! :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Yup don't doubt that for a minute LOL.

[/b][/quote]
I HAVE A SECRET WEAPON.......

Who is all getting this game this week?. I'm kinda over it at the moment, a bit hyped out. Doesn't seem to have that must buy buzz on it like a few weeks back when all the reviews were flowing in. Will wait and see how awesome online is then decide.

What? Usually the guys with the most deadly and explosive weapons are penalised by being slower and being more vulnerable as a result. But this guy not only gets the best weapons, but has the best health and is the fastest in the game with his speed burst!!!!!!!!!

Well thats definatley enough to put this on hold for me. It might seem a bit touchy but I was a bit unsure, online is all im interested in as I cant stand scripted campaigns, and this may just ruin the online part. It will probably balance it self out because everyone will just be this guy! Hes got so much armour that the only way to take him out would be with a rocket launcher!

Operation flashpoint 2 is coming to pc 360 and ps3 and I think thats more my cup of tea. Its a first or 3rd person game so its good for everyone. One hit kills are great too!

Hey any of you jumped on the flying vehicle that drops off the troops and jumped off onto the roof(demo version)? I then turned around and dropped behind the guy with the turret gun killed him and then used the gun to blow away the Helghast absolutley awesome!!

GG you might like this then I proceeded to blow my mates away leaving them on the ground moaning medic medic lol.

Well I ended up buying it to see if was any good and I have to say it is very good.

Haven't touched campaign yet, went straight online and it is very cool.

I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the controls, anyone coming from COD on PC to this will probably hate it. It does have a weighty feel as y'all know from the demo but it can be adjusted to with time, practice and patience.

My death count far outweighs my kill count. I can get kills off medium to long range but adjusting my aim on moving targets under pressure in close quarters is still a bit tricky. Still prefer Cod control feel atm. I think I'd feel at home as a sniper at the moment but have to play on to unlock the gun.

My only criticism is it doesn't have free for all only team deathmatch which is called Bodycount in this, but it is good as it encourages team play and co-operation. Being only early on and only having few options as far as weapons goes it is tough going but still fun when I get a kill every now and then.

The match types are;

Bodycount: Your team has to get most kills within a time limit to win.

Search and Retrieve: The objective is to pick up items and drop them at specified locations.

Search and Destroy: Locate and destroy targets before a timer runs out. One faction attacks the other defends.

Capture and hold: A certain area located in a neutral position is highlighted and both factions duke it out until one or the other holds the area when the timer runs out.

Assasination: Locate and assasinate a target member of the opposing faction before the timer runs out. The target has to stay within a certain area for a period of time for their faction to win.

The maps are pretty cool, some are quite big. I haven't played all of them but the ones I have played seem pretty good and have lots of options for various ways of playing them depending on your ability and chosen skills.

When starting off you only play as a rifleman with two gun options but thankfully it seems like leveling up will be much quicker than in the cod games. I think they sort of made it so you can open all classes and options fairly quickly depending on how long you spend playing so you can have all of the abilities at you disposal for private matches sooner rather than later which is good I reckon.

I've been playing for about 2 and a half hours and am on sergeant which is the second class. You only need 2800 points to max out at general so depending on how often your team wins a match you could blow through the classes and unlock everything within days.

It is very good but not as good as COD in my opinion, but obviously as I play it more my opinion may change.

I have not hired it out yet as I am away from my Ps3 (my GF house has me Ps3) and I won't be over there till the weekend.

Well I hired it and played it....and...

...the gun movement is a whole lot better than the demo....almost perfect...a bit too weighty for my liking though....but otherwise good.

The AI is quite good...I played on the second highest campaign level and the Helghast actually think tactically.

Online didn't intrigue me at all...

Overall though the game really isn't in my taste......COD4 still for me is a much more enjoyable game. It could also be that I am possibly getting a bit tired of FPS games....I would say that is probably the reason for me yawning a bit with KZ2.

Well Radman and I were both on the game........and we could not figure out how to hook up with each other.....no private party....very disappointing.

I have given up and am now in bed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 27 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well Radman and I were both on the game........and we could not figure out how to hook up with each other.....no private party....very disappointing.

I have given up and am now in bed.[/b]

Got to get a mic bud that will help for sure in trying to solve things. Yup thats where Xbox has it spot on so simple just to hook up on any game.

Latest posts