• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Killzone 2

From what I hear the first sucked but Sony bought them. They have a much bigger budget so this is looking pretty promising. I know graphics mean nothing if gameplay sucks but I have read alot of peoples opinion on the Beta and they say it was pretty good.

Some of things look amazing and really like the the different classes.

Secondary badge ability: Throws a sticky, proximity-activated C-4 charge

The scout looked great in the clip as did the Saboteur and the Engineer

Yeah lets just hope the gameplay is good. From some of the multi-player footage I have seen the amount of things on the screen at one time such as rockets shooting overhead destructible enviroments shadow casting etc is crazy. Graphically this game is going to be immense. The amount of money Sony poured into it I would hope so.

If they do market this game properly they are going to end up with egg on their face again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 8 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
http://gamecinemahd.com/video/killzone2/3400

huge concern for me man this game looks like constant moving so being a first person shooter it means :bad: for me.[/b]
I don't understand what you are trying to say Bokke....watching this vid the game graphically looked like Gears of War quality in a FPS. Graphically watching that video which is filming a monitor in a room it looks better than COD. It also had some Gears of War touches but done in a FPS way...like how you have that little peek over the top and your gun is moved to the left. Not sure about the frame rate though whether it is as good as COD....the frame rate looks like Gears of War standard.

I am now thinking this game could be PS3s challenge to Gears of War with its graphics.....time will tell.

For me with all FPS games I make my decision on the aim movement. The best I ever experienced was Halo 2. If they can get this right then we could have a winner.

I think he was the fella who mentioned he suffers from motion sickness.

Is that right Bokke?.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Jan 9 2009, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think he was the fella who mentioned he suffers from motion sickness.

Is that right Bokke?.[/b]
Haha...I can just see you Bokke online with your headset calling out "Medic!" every three minutes lol!

Ha ha yup. Sorry I was talking about my beloved "simulator sickness" is the condition I have lol. I dont suffer in cars, trains, plains, boat etc but only in Video games go figure.

GG from what I hear Killzone is far superior than Gears which has good graphics dont get me wrong but I was certainly not blown away by them. I will buy MGS4 at some stage but to be honest the best graphics I have seen so far on any console is the MGS4 online demo that I have been playing, I assume the full game will be awesome.

The details on players and the the draw distance on how far you can see without the developers using blur technique is amazing.

Not to mention online it has silky smooth frame rate and lag free.

Graphically it does look good....though we just have to wait for it to come out to know the truth. I always thought COD WOW had fantastic graphics and this game does not seem to blow COD WOW out of the water for me....it looks like it is on the same level. The real crux for me will be whether the look sensitivity has been done correctly as COD had it almost correct...but not quite. When I fired at someone it was hard to get it inch perfect....a problem I could also see when people fired at me watching on the kill cam. Even at the highest sensitivity the sight would not move at the tiniest nudge...but would stay still...then when it got to a certain point it would suddenly move a bit too much...so you never had that inch perfect aim at a higher sensitivity...making head shots harder to do. You either had to have the lowest sensitivity to get a good aim but then of course you could not swing your gun around as fast as you would like. If COD had perfected this aspect of the game the way Halo 2 did then it would have been the shooter to end all shooters for me...but they did not quite get it right....which leaves a door for Killzone 2 to exploit.

I don't like the dark scenes of the game...but I suppose this fits in with the story and the general look of war. I also don't like the way the Helgast look like weird deformed sub humans running forward to get pelted with bullets.

I suppose we will know when it comes out....hype is slowly starting to build for this game....but then again there was a lot of hype surrounding GTA4 and that was a flop....so I will be surprised and very happy if this game actually lives beyond the hype. COD 4 and 5 are very hard games to beat.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 14 2009, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Am I the only one who thought COD 4 looked and played better then 5?[/b]
Are we talking online or single player?

I have to admit as much as I am a fan of WW2 guns.....I prefered the action of COD4.

Single player. I never got into the online play; Halo 3 was much better IMO.

I'm also sick and tired of WW2 shooters, the market is far too saturated.