• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Killzone 2

Ha ha GG I was looking for to playing with you but after that last comment I can imagine being injured calling "medic medic!!!" and you walking over and saying "sure I can help.........to put you out of your misery" and putting a couple of rounds in my noggen.

Haha yeah well I was putting him out of his misery.

Ok well I played another 30 minutes again.....and I have to say the game does grow on you....I just had to drop all expectations of my past FPS gaming experiences....the gun aim does get better as you play it more.......once you have the aim in the vicinity of your target and switch to zooming in then shooting becomes quite accurate.

Having played the Demo a couple of times I am starting to enjoy it alot, but not the graphics which in my opinion are nothing special at all(maybe its the art style) but more in game play terms.

I have not played alot of FPS shooters before so not to sure how it compares to the rest. On the graphics front and presentation I think it is very average(full game might be slightly better) compared to MGS4 which for me stands head and shoulders above any game I have seen on a console.

I actually thought it might be my TV but then I insert MGS4 straight afterwards it still blows me away!!! In terms of gameplay I actually like it and don't seem to have any problems with the controls or aiming etc. I actually like the R3 to bring up the iron sites and tried the L1(alternate 2) but returned to the standard 1 as I prefered the feel.

In terms of accuracy I have started to get pretty good and can take a helghast head off on the bridge from pretty much the first corner of the game when the bridge comes into view. As for the cover system I really liked it and had no problem popping out and getting some head shots in.

So all in all I think it will be a fun game especially mulitplayer with some of the TRF crew.

One of the things I did not mention is how cool the guns are and feel great. Really good recoil and vibration when firing. All the weapons have to be fired as if you are shootiing with a real gun(short bursts) or else your gun raises slightly in the air.

I have not experienced the slight lag issue that some people mention with player movement and the gun speed seems fine to me.

The Bokke, are you playing on a hi Def TV / Monitor ?

I found that some games that look great in HD (like mindblowingly good) often looked like rubbish in comparison when I was still using our SD TV, I know I couldn't bring myself to even play Gears of War on our SD 74cm TV because the whole look of the game kept putting me off (the darkness and all those browns), but in HD it looked absolutely superb.

also, the game has been delayd for another week here in SA, should be coming at the beginning of March apparently, not that it's too much of a problem as most sane people would import anyway I guess, I'm not coughing up R900 for a game ever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 9 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Feb 8 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guy Rants About Killzone 2

Have a look at this guys Demo review. We all deserve a review from a real man![/b]
Oh my gosh that guy needs a serious reality check lol!
[/b][/quote]

I'm sure he thinks the rest of the world needs a reality check, lol. I guess his whole point was superfluous to making sure he came across as a fanatic.

Yes, I have played demo thru 4 times now, and the last time I did it in like 4mins

Just getting used to the controls, is all u have to do

I’ll defo be getting this, I still reckon the graphics are great, presentation is immense like Gears2

Should I believe the text at the end of the demo â€" cause this is well hyped up as the mother of all games, and I aint getting a wiff of that from the demo

Its defo up there with Gears2, CoD4 â€" I suppose it comes down to personal preference, and not technical design, as these 3 FPS are all fantastic in their own right, and it’s the setting (ie War sim, or futuristic/sci-fi epic action FPS) that would feed ur taste buds for that extra lovin.

Personally I am a war sim guy â€" but at the end of the day in multiplayer I just like to shoot my friends â€" your all in for some sleepless nights TRF!!!

SEE U ON THE FRONTLINES
:ar15firing5de:

I completed the game before christmas whilst working for Sony. The game was still a buggy version and there has been numerous different builds since but I really enjoyed it. I am not a great lover of FPS's, in fact I cannot get into Halo 2 or 3 at all, I just dont like them.

However I enjoyed the fast paced action in Killzone 2 and the online had the basis of being a great game. In my build tho the medics acquired far too many points for healing people and that was due to be rectified. Any questions u have I will try to answer truthfull but I dont want to be giving spoilers about the story in case it ruins it for others

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bazdev @ Feb 10 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I completed the game before christmas whilst working for Sony. The game was still a buggy version and there has been numerous different builds since but I really enjoyed it. I am not a great lover of FPS's, in fact I cannot get into Halo 2 or 3 at all, I just dont like them.

However I enjoyed the fast paced action in Killzone 2 and the online had the basis of being a great game. In my build tho the medics acquired far too many points for healing people and that was due to be rectified. Any questions u have I will try to answer truthfull but I dont want to be giving spoilers about the story in case it ruins it for others[/b]

Completely right baz, the medic issue was looking to be a real pain in the neck there, especially in multi-player, but I'm 100% sure that was cleared up during early January.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bazdev @ Feb 10 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

However I enjoyed the fast paced action in Killzone 2 and the online had the basis of being a great game. In my build tho the medics acquired far too many points for healing people and that was due to be rectified. Any questions u have I will try to answer truthfull but I dont want to be giving spoilers about the story in case it ruins it for others[/b]

Is the demo close to the final build? Is it THE final build???? Or is it closer to something much earlier?

MGS4 is starting to look really good right now.....

The demo is significantly different to the fluid controls of the beta. That is for certain. I thought I was alone in thinking that, then I checked out PS3 Forums and other beta users were saying the same thing. Here's hoping that the demo was being prepped by a team designated that as a task. It's quite possible that the settings are not how they will be in the final release build.

The problem with MGS4 is that it is not a 1st person shooter. So, people who are looking for that may not like it. Gameplaywise it makes it hard to compare the two. If we are talking about graphics then I agree with the bokke that MGS4 still makes me go wow. I cant believe an online game can look this good. The graphics of the guns in 1st person in killzone look absolutely great, best ive seen. Everything else was good. Probably not helped by some of the dark environments either.

After playing a fair bit on the demo, I think killzone is pretty good, but Im not a FPS fan, I dont like not being able to watch my back. I also prefer the big battles like BF 1942 to story driven games. So online will be the clincher. I like the cover system, is it true that it will be absent from online?

Bottom line is that MGS4 is the perfect 3rd person shooter IMO, I just cant find fault with it. Its what everyone wanted the new socom to be. However 3rd and 1st person appeals to two different audiences, so you cant generally say one plays better than the other. When the final killzone is released I hope it is good enough to drag of MGS4 for a bit, which will bw quite a feat!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boggle @ Feb 10 2009, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Bokke, are you playing on a hi Def TV / Monitor ?

I found that some games that look great in HD (like mindblowingly good) often looked like rubbish in comparison when I was still using our SD TV, I know I couldn't bring myself to even play Gears of War on our SD 74cm TV because the whole look of the game kept putting me off (the darkness and all those browns), but in HD it looked absolutely superb.

also, the game has been delayd for another week here in SA, should be coming at the beginning of March apparently, not that it's too much of a problem as most sane people would import anyway I guess, I'm not coughing up R900 for a game ever.[/b]

Hi Def TV. I was thinking maybe it was my TV but then I put in MGS4 straight after and it is definately not my TV as it looks awesome.

I think it is the texture work in Killzone that is a bit poor IMO so I am a bit perplexed when the reviewers say it is the best looking game on PS3 which is crazy as they all played MGS4.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Feb 11 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am a bit perplexed when the reviewers say it is the best looking game on PS3 which is crazy as they all played MGS4.[/b]
Well they played the full version...not the demo. If we had played the full version we probably may have seen a bit more depth in the graphics further along the game.

The game really does remind me of Gears....which I liked....I like the battle scarred environments of Gears and how everything looks like a battle wasteland. You get a sense of dependency on your friends in a hostile environment...that war comraderie.

I think when I get the game I am gonna wait till everyone is asleep...then start playing it all through the night. When the sun comes up I will put it away...not touch it at all...until everyone again has gone to sleep...play the mission alone in the dark. This for me will recreate my first THRILLING FPS experience so many many moons ago...playing DOOM. My Doom experience was something special I will never forget...a full immersion into the game all alone at night.

Another thing I may do to enjoy the REAL experience of FPS combat is...whenever I die...I will restart the game from the BEGINNING. This will keep me on a sharper edge (as I have become quite blase with FPS respawning etc) and make victory or defeat in every gun battle all the more intense. Also it will make playing the story last longer.

Since logically I can't play the game alone unless it is the weekends....it looks like this game will last a whole year for me before I get to the end of the story.

I may just download Doom so I can fully appreciate how far graphics have come since those early days. I honestly worshipped Doom and thought the graphics were magnificent...evey stage I found delightful.....so hard to imagine now because Doom is really one big lego game lol!

Latest posts