• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kiwi Release

C

CeeJay

Finally its arrived!! Post first impressions here. Im keen to find out if it met all of your expectations after all the hype.

Hopefully most of u dont hav a days work to get through before you play!

f***ing bullshit. The local Video Ezy will have it on their shelves tomorrow!!

For PS2 ONLY!!!

I can't hire it out! I'm going to have to buy it from Hastings because you can't buy it in Shitsville. That means waiting until Sundy, because I'm heading up there on Saturday 8pm...Unless I get it from the Warehouse.

aww good luck dude

i have it, i am at work :( ended up on pc just so i can mod the stats and stuff.

wont play it til i get home, and that wont be for long, probably an install then off to my gfs, they take up to much time eh

Im at work in Blockbuster Hamilton and i have a copy waiting for me to play when i head home, go working in a video store!!!

i wouldnt mind working in a video store, if they paid as much as i am getting now :) o_O

Yeah, working in a Video Store would be sweet.

...You could tell them to get their asses into gear and order damn Xbox games!!!

Ive been playing it since about 10 this morning and all I can say is frikin sweeet. Finally a rugby game...an actual rugby game....plays and feels like the real thing. Everything everyone has said is spot on. offloads, ai etc are great but the best things are the moves. the set plays which are awesome and if you pull one off its bliss along with the right anlogue buttons its magic. my favourite is the miss pivot with triangle which is a dummy rap where he slows to give the pass then just goes himself slicing thru . the square variation is nice too. skip 1st wrap 2 and an inside ball to fullback. very cullen era canes stuff. I love that the comp is challenging which makes me happy. plus im caning teams like the cats and co then getting hammered by blues and crusaders with close matches in there too. it really is a scrap to get those points for the the top 4 (super 14). Overall its a great game. sure some things are stupid and buggy but who cares. finally a game of footy to enjoy on my ps2. Go the canes

Originally posted by Lemmiwinx@Feb 23 2006, 01:55 PM
Ive been playing it since about 10 this morning and all I can say is frikin sweeet. Finally a rugby game...an actual rugby game....plays and feels like the real thing. Everything everyone has said is spot on. offloads, ai etc are great but the best things are the moves. the set plays which are awesome and if you pull one off its bliss along with the right anlogue buttons its magic. my favourite is the miss pivot with triangle which is a dummy rap where he slows to give the pass then just goes himself slicing thru . the square variation is nice too. skip 1st wrap 2 and an inside ball to fullback. very cullen era canes stuff. I love that the comp is challenging which makes me happy. plus im caning teams like the cats and co then getting hammered by blues and crusaders with close matches in there too. it really is a scrap to get those points for the the top 4 (super 14). Overall its a great game. sure some things are stupid and buggy but who cares. finally a game of footy to enjoy on my ps2. Go the canes
Geat stuff. Glad you like the game, and the good news!! It just gets better!!

Ill expect to hear some feedback early this evening gay guy! I hope the vid store dosent leave u hangin.

Originally posted by Lemmiwinx@Feb 23 2006, 01:55 PM
my favourite is the miss pivot with triangle which is a dummy rap where he slows to give the pass then just goes himself slicing thru .
Lol!

Didn't we do this in 2005? The wrap move but no selecting a player....just carry on running.

Though it probably didn't work as well as R2006 does it. Lol I can't wait!

Originally posted by thecripplernz@Feb 23 2006, 03:35 PM
order Xbox games??????? wtf?
Well, they never get new Xbox games. I was suprised they got in two copies of RPIC and Rugby Challenge 2006 in when they only got one in for Cricket 2005. They got two in for Rugby 2005. They're still there. I doubt they'd even bother getting Rugby 06 in as they couldn't be arsed getting Madden 06 or Tiger Woods 06 or FIFA 06 as they already had the 05 versions of them.

Useless pricks.

It's odd too, as I know more Xbox owners than PS2 owners in this town, and also there are never more than four games hired out for PS2 and never less than 6 on Xbox.

which town u in Kaftka?

woosah- there is no money in owning a video store, u can only make money after like 3 years, and you need more than 2 stores.

too many scumbags stealing everything, as well as the coupons! my god the coupons!!!

yeah but the movies, and the games

wouldnt have to pay to hire out games or movies any more :)

i could have a store in waipukurau

though i really dont know where that is, i dont know the north island very well

You should. Theres only video ezy here and they charge 10 bucks overnight for a game...

Got the game this morning at 7.30 it arrived but had work. Have been playing it now though, played a couple of games of the super 14 on pro level with the highlanders started against the crusaders and was 21-0 at half time, game ended up 21-12 in the end as I started to get the hang of the controls on 10 minute halves, then played the blues and thrashed them 40 - 7 scored some great tries. Game is easily the best and most enjoyable sports game i've ever played. Think I will go play it on elite and do a world cup with the All Blacks.

I picked the game up this morning and it is pretty much everything everyone said it is. My biggest problem with the game is the damn stats for players in the super 14, despite updating the faces for many of the players and the team ratings (which are a little more accurate) the stats for many of the players are the same as they were in 2005, i.e. Tialata can't scrummage and Stephen Donald has lower kicking stats than some props! When (not if) the player editor is released I will be 100% happy.

Latest posts