• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ladies Shirt Sizing

H

Hazey

Hey all,

Just hoping for a bit of help/peace of mind;

My other half is a size 10. Yesterday, I ordered for her a South African Ladies Rugby Shirt in a Size 8, thinking that most shirts come up pretty big (I normally wear L/XL shirts, but am sitting in a M Canterbury rugby shirt at the moment) - However, after looking on the distributers sizing guide, it seems to suggest that a size 8 rugby shirt is smaller than a normal 10. Unfortunately, I had the shirt printed with name and number, so can't send it back, and I'm a bit worried that it's going to be too tight, etc.

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Thanks,

Hazey

R

Rugby_Cymru

Manufacteres all vary with their sizes.
I know for a fact that Reebok are stupid with their sizes and therefore adhere to your previous thinking of, "buy a size smaller" but South Africa are made by Canterbury, which in my opinion is the best clothing company out there for rugby gear.
If you're lady is a size 10, then in Canterbury clothing i think a size 10 would have been suitable. But, in the shop i work in girls come in all the time buying junior jerseys so they can have a really tight fit.
If your other half has got a killer body and she doens't mind tight tops then i'm sure she'll look great in it.

H

Hazey

Killer body - check :p

Ok, thanks for your help. She would probably prefer it to be tighter rather than baggy like a normal rugby shirt (you are right, the manufacturers are Canterbury), I just was worried that it would be uncomfortably tight.

M

melon

Hmmm...maybe you should post a pic so we can see? I mean so we can see the jersey for purely professional reasons of course. :p

H

Hazey

Well, I don't have the jersey yet, but here she is in her other outfit...

M

melon

[/b]
Oh very well then. I don't think i'll be needing the other picture now...this ahhh...umm..will be sufficient thankyou.

R

Rugby_Cymru

[/b]

I have the same outfit.
Erm..i mean...i ... i once bought that outfit...

....FOR MY GIRLFRIEND!!!

Save!

H

Hazey

Just a bit of information in case it helps anyone out there.

I received the shirt today, it really is a superb piece of kit (as you said Cymru) - had one of my friends who is a size 12/14 try it on just to get a rough guide (because when I picked it up it looked bloody tiny!!), and it fit her nicely, but a little bit tight under the arms, so should be a great size (touch wood).

As Cymru said in a PM to me, the Ladies shirt is tappered in and shaped as well to fit the figure, and it really does look fantastic.

Will give a quick shout when my girlfriend receives it (it's a present) and tell you what the size/fit is like.

R

Rugby_Cymru

Hey, it's good to hear your pleased, CCC products are absolutely quality (i'm acting like a freaking Canterbury rep, here!).

R

RoyalBlueStuey

Hey, it's good to hear your pleased, CCC products are absolutely quality (i'm acting like a freaking Canterbury rep, here!).
[/b]

Rep or no thay are ace. My Auckland one is the best rugby shirt I have and my Waratahs one is virtually indestructable.

The girl's tops are very nice too but I can't help with sizings.

H

Hazey

i'm acting like a freak
[/b]

You certainly are :p

Thanks for all your help guys, yep I love CCC too, last season's London Irish shirt is by them and is fantastic.

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.