• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ladies Shirt Sizing

H

Hazey

Hey all,

Just hoping for a bit of help/peace of mind;

My other half is a size 10. Yesterday, I ordered for her a South African Ladies Rugby Shirt in a Size 8, thinking that most shirts come up pretty big (I normally wear L/XL shirts, but am sitting in a M Canterbury rugby shirt at the moment) - However, after looking on the distributers sizing guide, it seems to suggest that a size 8 rugby shirt is smaller than a normal 10. Unfortunately, I had the shirt printed with name and number, so can't send it back, and I'm a bit worried that it's going to be too tight, etc.

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Thanks,

Hazey

Manufacteres all vary with their sizes.
I know for a fact that Reebok are stupid with their sizes and therefore adhere to your previous thinking of, "buy a size smaller" but South Africa are made by Canterbury, which in my opinion is the best clothing company out there for rugby gear.
If you're lady is a size 10, then in Canterbury clothing i think a size 10 would have been suitable. But, in the shop i work in girls come in all the time buying junior jerseys so they can have a really tight fit.
If your other half has got a killer body and she doens't mind tight tops then i'm sure she'll look great in it.

Killer body - check :p

Ok, thanks for your help. She would probably prefer it to be tighter rather than baggy like a normal rugby shirt (you are right, the manufacturers are Canterbury), I just was worried that it would be uncomfortably tight.

Hmmm...maybe you should post a pic so we can see? I mean so we can see the jersey for purely professional reasons of course. :p

Well, I don't have the jersey yet, but here she is in her other outfit...

B000A13E7A.01-ALVYE3T5WL0WT._SCLZZZZZZZ_V1119552234_.jpg

[/b]
Oh very well then. I don't think i'll be needing the other picture now...this ahhh...umm..will be sufficient thankyou.

[/b]

I have the same outfit.
Erm..i mean...i ... i once bought that outfit...

....FOR MY GIRLFRIEND!!!

Save!

Just a bit of information in case it helps anyone out there.

I received the shirt today, it really is a superb piece of kit (as you said Cymru) - had one of my friends who is a size 12/14 try it on just to get a rough guide (because when I picked it up it looked bloody tiny!!), and it fit her nicely, but a little bit tight under the arms, so should be a great size (touch wood).

As Cymru said in a PM to me, the Ladies shirt is tappered in and shaped as well to fit the figure, and it really does look fantastic.

Will give a quick shout when my girlfriend receives it (it's a present) and tell you what the size/fit is like.

Hey, it's good to hear your pleased, CCC products are absolutely quality (i'm acting like a freaking Canterbury rep, here!).

Hey, it's good to hear your pleased, CCC products are absolutely quality (i'm acting like a freaking Canterbury rep, here!).
[/b]

Rep or no thay are ace. My Auckland one is the best rugby shirt I have and my Waratahs one is virtually indestructable.

The girl's tops are very nice too but I can't help with sizings.

i'm acting like a freak
[/b]

You certainly are :p

Thanks for all your help guys, yep I love CCC too, last season's London Irish shirt is by them and is fantastic.

Latest posts