• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lake Effect Snow Event!!

D

DC

Thats right, rolling right off the Great Lake 1 mile to the north of me, tons of Lake Effect Snow!!!

More is on the way, but so far from early today, until now we've gotten this much:

1002075yc6.jpg

^ My Back Deck

View from Front Window towards neighbors house:

1002076fz4.jpg

More on the way, hopin to have school off tomorrow!

Also, a little factoid here:

Lake effect snow only happens in a few remote areas around the entire world, Lake Erie being one of them, this snow is not generated off of a storm, but off of NW winds which carry moisture to literally produce snow off the lake, in essence its a snow machine.

Alright im going to be posting a few more pics here in a sec, were supposed to get 12-28 inches today and tomorrow heres what ive got so far today..

pics in a sec..

1002077fu6.jpg

1002078ol2.jpg

1002079mw8.jpg

1002080iy3.jpg

Thanks for explaining the importance of a hot tub charlie..

whats the workig temperature?

DC- whats the temp there?

Those are some absolutely STUNNING pictures.
Wow.
I haven't seen any snow for well over a year...i think all the smog of cardiff just melts it and turns it into rain before it lands here.

One question...how much fun is it playing rugby in 2 and a half feet of snow?

:)

whats the workig temperature?

DC- whats the temp there? [/b]

Today it was 20*F or so this weekend on sunday its going to be a high of 7*F and a low of -2*F, that will be one cold day!!!

The lake is starting to freeze over however, i think its the only great lake that completely freezes, and once that happens we will only get major snowfall from clippers and nor'easters and such, no more lake effect :( .

Those are some absolutely STUNNING pictures.
Wow.
I haven't seen any snow for well over a year...i think all the smog of cardiff just melts it and turns it into rain before it lands here.

One question...how much fun is it playing rugby in 2 and a half feet of snow?[/b]

Ahh tough one, i love seeing the snow!! Suprised you guys cant get a lake effect type snow off the Irish Sea!!

Well actually i prefer playing on normal grass pitches! The snow is sooo hard to run through, and the footing is atrocious, but one good thing is, well, it actually feels good to fall into the snow!

If you ever want a great workout run through 1 foot of snow, man oh man i guess that part of the rocky movie was true :eek:

Today it was -6*C or so this weekend on sunday its going to be a high of -13*C and a low of -18*C

i hate you and your snow. just kidding. no major snowfall at all this winter. tonight is scheduled for a 1 incher. nothing too major.

Latest posts