• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Latest...

L

locksley

Just heard that Ubisoft have bought Rugby Challenge from Hip Interactive and it's getting a release after all!!!!!
<

Might have some more info in the next couple of weeks.
<

I haven't been intrigued or dissapointed by Ubi so I dont know what to expect.

Nice to know its actually coming out.

very interesting news that ubisoft have picked it up they aren't knowen for sports ***les really. I guess ubisoft execpt it to sell well given its european angle and it also gives them a corner in another genre. hopefully this means that the swordfish guys will be back on the board as well to give us info. ubisoft seem to be pretty good with the community with forums on there site. good news for us down under as ubisoft distribute very well down here. I believe in nz their games are distributed by monacao corp or something like that.

Can't complain, after Ninty, Ubi are my favourite publishers. But great news, let's hope this one comes off nicely
<

Great news Locks!

Well done Ubisoft for picking up the ***le. Would have been an absolute tragedy if no one took RC2006 on board. Good to see that the Ubi guys are willing to take a risk on something not totally a guarantee success. Also good to see them willing to help out minor ***les rather than sticking with the big ones.

Here hoping!
<

Hasnt UBISOFT got some kind of affiliation with Lucas Arts, or Tom Clancy??

This is great news, although it is strange that we had 3 publishers in 6 months for this ***le

For some reason something tells me UBI get down with the community...I've seen forums or something, but cant quiet put my finger on it
<

ubiosft publish the tom clancy games not sure if they develop them. ubi defintely get down with the community they have forums for all of their games. ubi seem very limited in the sports genere I did see a forum for and1 games on the site but think that was the only one. ubi though are a one of the best publishes in the buisness without question and have picked up what imo will be a good game from swordfish.

I think UBI did an F1 game on the N64..............I played it to death. it was awesome

Ubi have plenty of good series/***les:

Tom Clancy Stuffs (Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6 etc.)
Far Cry
Myst
IL2
Silent Hunter
Prince of Persia
Beyond Good and Evil
Rayman

They've got a great track record, this should gome out nicely
<

ubisoft have got a good track record, but they have managed to produce some flops (chessmaster or charlies angels anyone?). Sure, like most i want this game to be great, but just because a game has a new publisher dosent mean its going to be any better. Still, good that its getting a release.

well publishers normally doesn't do much execpt help with the marketing and distribution side of things. sometimes they also help fund the developement but i don't think ubi will be doing that in this case. there are execption like ea who tend to either involve their staff with the development or lend their resources to the development studio. I think ubi in this case will just distribute and promote the game for swordfish who will be responsible for what the game is like

They also published/developed:
Brothers in Arms
Cold Fear
Rocky
Champions of Norrath

I have completed Rainbow Six 3 and black arrow many times, as they rock.

But Cold fear looks like a must have.

My brother completed Cold Fear and he really liked it. He's now busy with Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and is really loving it.

will it still be coming out this month?

or this year atleast..im starvin fa a good sports game ta play!!!!!!!

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Sep 1 2005, 07:30 PM
will it still be coming out this month?

or this year atleast..im starvin fa a good sports game ta play!!!!!!!
It was never coming out in August. Rugby Challenge was set (And still looks likely) for an October release.

its september here lol

but cool thanx locks!!!

october it is!!!!!!!
ill be the first to purchase this once it hits stores!!!
*be sitting outside the morning before release wit my tent an discman..waiting for sunrise*...cool beans!!!

the dawn of jonah lomu 2 is upon us!!!!
with a new name,same graphics...but an updated roster an updated gameplay
WAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ayo locks will u be gettin an early at this like rugby05?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Sep 1 2005, 09:19 PM
its september here lol

but cool thanx locks!!!

october it is!!!!!!!
ill be the first to purchase this once it hits stores!!!
*be sitting outside the morning before release wit my tent an discman..waiting for sunrise*...cool beans!!!

the dawn of jonah lomu 2 is upon us!!!!
with a new name,same graphics...but an updated roster an updated gameplay
WAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ayo locks will u be gettin an early at this like rugby05?
<

WOAH!!!!...cool the man is gonna hook it up again!!!!

THANX ALOT LOCKS!!!..LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PREVIEW!!!

Latest posts