• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lee Byrne suspended for 2 weeks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Jan 30 2010, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 30 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's true, then again even Hook can catch a ball when it's directed straight into his outstretched awaiting arms! :lol:[/b]
...Behind his back.
[/b][/quote]

No he can't. He tried it in the HEC quarter final against Saracens and cocked it up to the delight/horror of fans from both sides.

Just an example of basically not respecting the opposition and also shows why Ospreys have never really reckoned in the HEC past the group stages. Take rugby more seriously and you'll win more. Basic thuganomics.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 31 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Jan 31 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sooo ****** off with this decision!

We've now ended up with a situation where delibriate gouging = accientally being on the field for 50 seconds
.[/b]

What now?

2 weeks = 70 weeks? :blink:
[/b][/quote]
Well, I obviously wasn't talking about Attoub! Burger was handed out a 2 week ban for gouging.

I know some people have critisized Byrne for pleading guilty, but imo that's rediculous. At the end of the day, he was on the field. If he pleaded innocent, he would have basically been saying that he wasn't.

This ban should be dropped or reduced on appeal. I take it that the panel hearing the appeal is different from that of the original hearing? Hopefully they will have some kind of common sense and conclude that the ban handed out to the Ospreys (which was also quite hefty compared to the £10,000 fine handed out to England, even though the 4th official was ignored in that case) was sufficient punishment.

All we are asking for is common sense, and again some consistency in the punishments handed out!

I have to say that having 16 men on the field of play isn't really thuggish or violents so Prestwick's law doesn't apply in this case.

So at least Byrne wouldn't be banned for 25 weeks :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 31 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have to say that having 16 men on the field of play isn't really thuggish or violents so Prestwick's law doesn't apply in this case.

So at least Byrne wouldn't be banned for 25 weeks :D[/b]

Exactly! It's not his fault he's as thick as a plank! Me and my friends have always called him Robot Man, nothing he does seems to appear to come naturally to him..... He was probably just told to get back on the pitch, and he complied.

Heh, I played in a friendly against a valleys (ish) team yesterday and we actually played the last 10 mins with 16 players apparently :lol: nobody noticed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 31 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Why is Prestwicks law only 25, not 26? A 5.75 month, instead of a 6month ban?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Heh, I played in a friendly against a valleys (ish) team yesterday and we actually played the last 10 mins with 16 players apparently laugh.gif nobody noticed[/b]
I hope they ban you/stick you with a £20k fine ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Jan 31 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 31 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why is Prestwicks law only 25, not 26? A 6 month, instead of a 5.75month ban?
[/b][/quote]

1 week reduction on appeal already accounted for.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Jan 31 2010, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Jan 31 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Jan 31 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sooo ****** off with this decision!

We've now ended up with a situation where delibriate gouging = accientally being on the field for 50 seconds
.[/b]

What now?

2 weeks = 70 weeks? :blink:
[/b][/quote]
Well, I obviously wasn't talking about Attoub! Burger was handed out a 2 week ban for gouging.

I know some people have critisized Byrne for pleading guilty, but imo that's rediculous. At the end of the day, he was on the field. If he pleaded innocent, he would have basically been saying that he wasn't.

This ban should be dropped or reduced on appeal. I take it that the panel hearing the appeal is different from that of the original hearing? Hopefully they will have some kind of common sense and conclude that the ban handed out to the Ospreys (which was also quite hefty compared to the £10,000 fine handed out to England, even though the 4th official was ignored in that case) was sufficient punishment.

All we are asking for is common sense, and again some consistency in the punishments handed out!
[/b][/quote]

I think Burger got 8 weeks but I still agree with you. There was not much he could do once his coach had told him to enter the field and had he said no he would have had problems with his own team.
The ERC has become very consistent in making f***tard decisions.

I'm getting all confused.... did Burger get 8 weeks? If so, ignore my comment.

It's not just the ERC though. The IRB have been just as poor with their inconsistent punishments at international level. The Magners league is also a complete mess!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Jan 31 2010, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm getting all confused.... did Burger get 8 weeks? If so, ignore my comment.

It's not just the ERC though. The IRB have been just as poor with their inconsistent punishments at international level. The Magners league is also a complete mess![/b]
It was Bakkies Botha that got two weeks

Latest posts