English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
They just beat London Irish 29 - 17
Considering L.I are only missing Corbisiero to England, that's a good win for Leeds (and another mark on Toby Booths record)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/9412947.stm

They'll now set their sites on a thoroughly underperforming Saints side next weekend, who they're playing in Headingly

Battle for relegation has just spiced up a bit - Sale on 22, Falcons on 20pts, Leeds on 13,
However Leeds and Falcons have a game in hand over Sale, and with several games amongst the three still to go it could be anyone that goes down - Though Leeds must be praying that Fourie and Thompson aren't picked for England any time soon...

A great result for Leeds, but its been a 'weird weekend'. For the Chiefs Ive never had to worry about call ups but I can now see their effect, its a vital period for the 'smaller' teams, I'm sure Saints supporters are quietly cursing their own success. The premiership is very tight and little margins matter. Although Tom Johnson must be heading up the international call up list after today. For personal reasons I hope Newcastle stay up (geordie other 1/2=trips to the toon for away matches) but its going to be an ugly scrap.

I still think Leeds will go down, but it's not nearly as clear cut as it could be
Sale vs Leeds is going to be very important, and I'm praying the London Irish continue to be crap up until the "Rugby at the Reebok" match next month (which I originally thought was a good idea, though now I'd prefer the home advantage of playing the match at Edgeley park!)

Latest posts