• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Squad Announced

Well you would say that, you still think he's the same player from 2007/8 vs Ma'a Nonu

He's done everything that's been asked of him when he's played for England recently
Watch his match vs NZ Maori, compare that to him in 08, then see if he's still the same player

he had one kick against wales last week and put it out on the full. he had most of the game vs south africa in the autumn and did **** all, along with the rest of the team.

Playing the NZ Maori is not Test level.

Charlie Hodgson: Only player to have ever kicked a ball out on the full
If you didn't notice a marked increase in tempo when he came on then we were watching a different match

Looking at the amount of All Blacks that were in the Maori side then I'd say that it is/was easily test level

Hodgson is possibly the best 3rd choice fly-half around at test level. I'm happy we have Charlie Hodgson.

Charlie Hodgson has been the best choice 10 in test rugby.

The 2005 lions...

that's like being the hottest fat chick

Rumours floating round Haskell has injured his foot... seen a couple of things on Twitter

Good, that means Wood can play at 7 (what? An England team with a fetcher at 7?) and Narraway can be called up.

With some luck Hape, Banahan and Shaw will all suffer similar fates.

would have been good for england if ben cohen kept his retirement until after the world cup he's ideal cover for cueto.

Robshaw on the waiting list so would mean he's called up

If he is then it means we'll be going through the tournament with only three backrows as Moody is injured (yet won't be replaced) and the RFU hate Robshaw and refuse to give him a cap

To be fair, Haskell is on decent form, and while he isn't a 7, I'm disappointed to see him dropped as he can cover all three backrow positions relatively well off of the bench

Wood won't play 7, either - they'll shift Croft to 7 or something, because apparently the Martin Johnson doesn't watch club rugby and hasn't realised that Wood is a 7

With all the media coverage around Flutey people seem to have forgotten that Charlie Sharples didnt even get half a game to prove himself and I would rather him on the plane than HMS Banahan

Think it's because that goes without saying :p

Sharples should've started in the Millennium, especially after Ashton had to pull out - full on ridiculous

I am totally confused how that big lump Bananaman can make the England Squad. I don't profess to know everything about English rugby or the England set up, but surely to GOD there has to be a better player than him........

You're in the majority there then - 99.999999999999999999% feel exactly the same way

There's literally no way you can justify him being there - can't even say "oh, he's versatile, he can play centre!" because:
a) He can't play centre
b) James Simpson-Daniel CAN play centre, and is infinitely better than Banahan at everything, yet was dropped before the games

I am totally confused how that big lump Bananaman can make the England Squad. I don't profess to know everything about English rugby or the England set up, but surely to GOD there has to be a better player than him........

Even the innocently oblivious should know ability had far less to to with winning caps then secret handshake societies.

You're in the majority there then - 99.999999999999999999% feel exactly the same way

There's literally no way you can justify him being there - can't even say "oh, he's versatile, he can play centre!" because:
a) He can't play centre
b) James Simpson-Daniel CAN play centre, and is infinitely better than Banahan at everything, yet was dropped before the games

Hey hey hey, remember that time when he went up against BOD and...

Oh yeah.

I'd be gutted if Haskell doesn't make the RWC, next to him being a good player, he works hard and seems to be a great guy.

Would Fourie or Robshaw get called up seeing Haskell was backup for nr.8 aswell? MJ likes Fourie but he can't play 8?

Latest posts