• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Training Squad

I'm new to the forums so forgive me. Anyway I was wondering if I want to play rugby professional what club or
academy should I join in the UK?

Depends on the area you live in.

Say Leicester for example you have to be invited for a trial.

Really you need to be playing county club rugby so playing for one of he best clubs in your area and in a school that has a highish standard of rugby to get your foot in the door.

Most friends I know who had got in the academy did mainly through schools. 1 is a full time pro now.

It is not something I agree with but schools in England are the best bet to getting in an academy.

This was my take on the England squad, written before the latest game though. http://fourballsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/englands-predicted-world-cup-squad.html

This is the actual squad that I went for in the end, all the long reasons are on the website.

Props: Joe Marler, Mako Vunipola, Dan Cole, David Wilson & Kieran Brookes
Hookers: Tom Youngs, Rob Webber & Jamie George
Locks: Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Geoff Parling & Dave Attwood
Back Row: Chris Robshaw, James Haskell, Tom Wood, Billy Vunipola & Ben Morgan
Scrum Half: Ben Youngs, Danny Care & Richard Wigglesworth
Fly Half: George Ford & Owen Farrell
Centre: Jonathan Joseph, Sam Burgess, Henry Slade & Brad Barritt
Back Three: Jonny May, Jack Nowell, Anthony Watson, Mike Brown & Alex Goode

Has Cips done enough to break his way in, and in who's place? Also some guys like Tom Youngs did their best to play their way out of that starting spot on Saturday, but it's a no-brainer that he goes.

This was my take on the England squad, written before the latest game though. http://fourballsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/englands-predicted-world-cup-squad.html

This is the actual squad that I went for in the end, all the long reasons are on the website.

Props: Joe Marler, Mako Vunipola, Dan Cole, David Wilson & Kieran Brookes
Hookers: Tom Youngs, Rob Webber & Jamie George
Locks: Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Geoff Parling & Dave Attwood
Back Row: Chris Robshaw, James Haskell, Tom Wood, Billy Vunipola & Ben Morgan
Scrum Half: Ben Youngs, Danny Care & Richard Wigglesworth
Fly Half: George Ford & Owen Farrell
Centre: Jonathan Joseph, Sam Burgess, Henry Slade & Brad Barritt
Back Three: Jonny May, Jack Nowell, Anthony Watson, Mike Brown & Alex Goode

Has Cips done enough to break his way in, and in who's place? Also some guys like Tom Youngs did their best to play their way out of that starting spot on Saturday, but it's a no-brainer that he goes.
I'd agree with that and I would take cips instead of goode

Apparently wide-spread reports saying Cips is set to miss out.

What do you think to a possible Nick Easter inclusion? I'm still happy with my squad, but have heard a few people throwing his name around.