• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England - Squad Announcement Thursday 27th

Sorry, I will remember to laugh at your comments next time, now I know how hilarious they are.

Wtf has happened to this thread ???? England played **** and now everyone has gone all grammar nazi on us .....

England with the lowest amount of Foreign born players out of all 6N's Teams in there World Cup squad I think.

Must be lies or witchcraft. We're actually player stealing thieves, who really have no right to exist on this planet.

England with the lowest amount of Foreign born players out of all 6N's Teams in there World Cup squad I think.

Have you done the calcs on this? Because this is music to my ears. Won't drown out all the self-righteous crowing from my antipode chums, but it'll go some way.

In Fact Only Georgia, SA and Uruguay have more national born players than us.

England
Brarritt (SA), Marko V (NZ), Billy V (Aus)

Ireland (5)
White (NZ), Payne (NZ), Heaslip (Israel), Murphy (Spain), Strauss (SA)

Italy (9)
Parisse (Arg), Aguero (Arg), Castro (Arg), Garcia (Arg), Furno (Aus), McLean (Aus), Geldenhuys (SA), Chistolini (SA), Vunisa (Fiji)

France (10)
Kockett (SA), Spedding (SA), Le Roux (SA), Atonio (NZ), Debaty (Belguim), Dusautoir (Cd'I), Nyanga (Congo), Ouedraogo (Burkina Faso), Guitoune (Algeria), Nakaitaci (Fiji).

Wales (11)
Francis (Eng), Jarvis (Eng), Ball (Eng), Chartis (Eng), Faleteau (Tonga), King (Aus), Lydiate (Eng), Amos (Eng), Cuthbert (Eng), Morgan (Eng), North (Eng)

Scotland (11)
Nel (SA), Swinson (Eng), Denton (Zim), Hardie (NZ), Strauss (SA), Wilson (Eng), Maitland (NZ), Seymour (US), Visser (NL), SH-C (Spain), Pyrgos (Eng).

Last edited:
B....bu...England are a team of mercenaries?!
Social media told me this, it can't be a lie?!

Can we please avoid letting the truth get in the way of a good story! ;)

Maybe this offers an insight into Lancaster's selection policy, hence the hard line approach to Tuilagi and Hartley and the lack of interest in Ewers!

You could start making a pretty competitive team from English born Welsh players.

Would you rather have the squad we have now, or be able to pick from any English born player (but no players born outside England) - basically you lose Barritt and the Vunipolas, but you get North, Cuthbert, Lydiate, Jonathan Davies, Ball etc.

Latest posts