• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

'Legends' mode

I'd much rather have a Legends mode as described above rather than extra leagues. Although I would enjoy playing NPC/Currie Cup/Welsh Premiership, I would eventually get bored of it, as people prefer to play as top level rugby teams unless they are a die hard fan of a particular team. The legends however would be an excellent addition and many players would use it exclusively instead of the current national squads due to the great memories people have of the likes of Barry John, Gareth Edwards, Jackie Kyle etc.

perhaps have this as an add on feature ...you could download your favorite players or favorite teams legends squad for a small fee or microsoft points ??

perhaps have this as an add on feature ...you could download your favorite players or favorite teams legends squad for a small fee or microsoft points ??

that is by far the best and most logical post I've seen thus far. i would happily pay PSN points to have a set of new teams - i guess it would be NH "set" and SH "set" being separately purchased for certain amount of points or a "deal" for combi (which is what i've seen done in other games Marvel Ultimate alliance did it with heroes and villains; not quite the same but u get me).

Would rather see DLC say 2/3 months after with the focus from now till release being on gameplay :D :D :D guess we all would want both tho on release

that is by far the best and most logical post I've seen thus far. i would happily pay PSN points to have a set of new teams - i guess it would be NH "set" and SH "set" being separately purchased for certain amount of points or a "deal" for combi (which is what i've seen done in other games Marvel Ultimate alliance did it with heroes and villains; not quite the same but u get me).

Would rather see DLC say 2/3 months after with the focus from now till release being on gameplay :D :D :D guess we all would want both tho on release

dlc's the wat foward you want sevens have it as a download like nazi zombies on cod
you want legends or expanded rosters download em you dont want em leave them be

If Activision *shudder* ends up being the publisher, you just might get your overpriced DLC.

Yeah, this mode would be awesome!!! i suggested it in another forum.

This is my take on an All Blacks team;

1 - Craig Dowd
2 - Sean Fitzpatrick (C)
3 - Olo Brown
4 - Ian Jones
5 - Colin Meads
6 - Zinzan Brooke
7 - Micheal Jones
8 - Wayne "Buck" Shelford
9 - Justin Marshall
10 - Grant Fox (Goal Kicker)
11 - Jonah Lomu
12 - Walter Little
13 - Frank Bunce
14 - John Kirwin
15 - George Nepia

16 - Anton Oliver (Hooker)
17 - Wilson Whineray (Prop)
18 - Rueben Throrne (Flanker, No. 8, Lock)
19 - Sid Going (Halfback)
20 - Andrew Mehrtens (1st Five, Second Five)
21 - Jeff Wilson (Wing, Centre, Fullback)
22 - Christian Cullen (Fullback, Wing)

Let me know what you think... or if i've left anyone out.

How about each international team in the game having a 'Legends' XV, of their greatest retired players, and we could have a seperate World Cup or Six/Tri Nations competitons with these teams? I know it would be a bit of an issue with Samoa, Canada, etc., who don't really have any notable ex-players that I could think of, but for the 10 major teams, it could be quite fun.

That, and we could finally get a 99-rated player in the form of Gareth Edwards. :p

Not sure about Edwards being 99-rated. :p

But yeah, I love that idea. I think you'd have to search a good....well...eternity to find a decent Portuguese legends side. I dunno if any of my fellow countrymen will agree but defo with the big teams, England, Wales, New Zealand etc.

Latest posts