• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leggings?

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy+Mar 23 2006, 04:45 AM-->
Like I said, my main concern is simply my knees. I know that's a very vulnerable point the cold and I've got a top to keep the torso warm, I just need something to keep my knees warm. I'd only really wear them at training anyways, it's only the beginning of the season which is really cold, once games start, the weather is good. [/b]
Buy some deep-heat and rub it on your joints. Seriously, that and a bit of Vaseline and your legs will be fine.

<!--QuoteBegin-Black-Monday

Don't listen to un-coordinated rabble of props and locks. They may be aswell be wearing boxing gloves.

I play full-back. And even I wouldn't wear them :p

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Mar 22 2006, 10:34 PM
Don't listen to un-coordinated rabble of props and locks. They may be aswell be wearing boxing gloves.
I'll have you know I'm a hooker and I actually wear real rugby gloves. Better than being a poncey flyhalf who doesn't understand the intricacies of forward play.

What sort of intricacies, i just see you lot getting sin binned and giving away penalties, then let runners through so i have chase them. If i wear a tutu while doing it, doesn't matter. Aslong i dont have to kill my opponent to get the ball back.

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Mar 23 2006, 06:48 PM
What sort of intricacies, i just see you lot getting sin binned and giving away penalties, then let runners through so i have chase them. If i wear a tutu while doing it, doesn't matter. Aslong i dont have to kill my opponent to get the ball back.

BM
You don't understand the raw effort involved in every scrum, ruck and maul. And the lineout, you backs haven't got a f***ing clue about the lineout. Or all the **** we forwards have to do to to get the ball. And then you backs start whining about not getting the ball. So we give it to you. And you f*** up and we forwards have to start the process all over again.

Are you an outhalf talking about your defensive abilities? Most outhalfs are such crap tacklers that teams have to stuff the 10 channel with defenders.

Wow, i was joking. It's just a bit of banter, my school team probably are a rabbly set of forwards. Although yes i am a back, winger, fly half and the odd occasion flanker.

So next time a back calls you unruly, just nail their punky ass on the pitch.

BM :cheers:

It's all the banter at my end. Whenever the backs ***** we just don't give them the ball. Our ideal gameplan involves the ball never going past 12.

Originally posted by el_tk@Mar 24 2006, 06:24 AM
It's all the banter at my end. Whenever the backs ***** we just don't give them the ball. Our ideal gameplan involves the ball never going past 12.
Thats why you let us get on with the tactics, you taken a blow to the head?

BM

Originally posted by Black-Monday+Mar 23 2006, 07:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-el_tk
@Mar 24 2006, 06:24 AM
Thats why you let us get on with the tactics, you taken a blow to the head?

BM [/b]
No, because my team is in posession of a viciously destructive maul that is full on unstopabble. And our 12 is our best back so it's all downhill outside that.

And yes I have taken the odd blow to the head (I've played most of a match concussed) but it doesn't interfere with my cognotive capacity.

i play scrum half so im not one to talk on either part

but i must admit the backs get all the glory for nothing whereas the forewards get no glory for everything..

Not unless you are Mike Phillips, otherwise you are the opitimisation of a back.

BM

Originally posted by DC13@Mar 23 2006, 09:12 PM
its usually the forewards who appreciate me more than the backs
That just means you shout a lot but can't pass. ;)

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 24 2006, 08:15 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@Mar 23 2006, 09:12 PM
its usually the forewards who appreciate me more than the backs
That just means you shout a lot but can't pass. ;) [/b]
actually im a great passer

and commander

but i know who to give it to

i just dont wing it out to my FH so he gets swallowed i love workin with my forewards to the sides of the ruck to gain short meters and bring in defense then create overlays

I find that my scrum half passes to the Fh, then to 12 who by this time decides to crash ball, and i am stood at 11 with a turnover and overlap in progress. I need to get alot more ball tbh. Maybe i should become a forward.

BM

the team i play for has a very very big pack and lightning fast backs except for our two centers so our best play usually involves, creating an overlay, then i hit the FH he does scissors with 12, 12 skips to 11 or 14 and we get a lot of ground

Originally posted by Black-Monday@Mar 23 2006, 09:20 PM
I find that my scrum half passes to the Fh, then to 12 who by this time decides to crash ball, and i am stood at 11 with a turnover and overlap in progress. I need to get alot more ball tbh. Maybe i should become a forward.

BM
You could become a back-row. Or a hooker. No-one expects a hooker to do much more than line-outs and scrums so if you do anything above that it tends to impress people.

Yeah, but well i aint built for ought apart from speed really. Spose the coach just though stick the fast kid on the wing.

BM

Latest posts