• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers v Llanelli Scarlets - HEC Semi Final

I think for the past week or so Scarlets have been examining every second of footage from the EDF Final betwixt the Tigers and the Ospreys.

Could Scarlets have modified their game in the run up to this match and suss out Leicester? We'll have to see!

My prediction? Scarlets, but only by a point.

Leicesters pack wil Monster the welsh at every breakdown, however the running game should paint the Walkers Stadium a scarlet shade of red. It'll all depend on who can dictate the speed of the game; Slow and it belongs to Leicester, Fast and it's all Welsh.

i love wales!!

i dont even support the scarlets but i am actually very very nervous/excited bout tommorrow!!

come on boys!!

do it for wales like!!

I'm not predicting any problems at the breakdown for the Scarlets with Easterby playing like he has been. He's one of the best players in world rugby at the breakdown for securing quick ball for his team and disrupting/stealing opposition ball.

It's deffinately going to be a close game, just hope the Scarlets can do it and become the first Welsh team to reach the final of the Heineken cup in 11 years.

This could be one of the greatest HEC matches. Leicester aren't as muscle bound as they used to be and can create real movement out wide. Llanelli have the ability to win the forward battle so long as they stay sharp and keep the tempo high. They look to be the best balanced Welsh team ... ever!

They look to be the best balanced Welsh team ... ever!
[/b]

That is one HELL of a claim to make.
Especially after the shambles of a season they had last year and how they've only really performed in Europe this year.
I don't feel they have put together enough good consistent performances (let alone great consistent performances) to be what you claim.
But they are good.

Were I a Scarlet's coach, I would be looking at the possibility of lining King up opposite Gibson on attack.

Poor old Daryl appears at have lost a lot of pace, especially if the EDF Final is anything to go by, and King could be just the player to exploit this.

Should also have some ***anic battles out wide, with 4 wingers who can all wreak havoc with ball in hand.

Leicester aren't as muscle bound as they used to be and can create real movement out wide. [/b]

Do you ever watch Leicester? The only time the ball ever gets wide for them is if Tuliagi crash bangs through the middle and spins it to Varndell with 10m to go, hardly what I call wide play.

Leicester always have been and always be an up-yer-jumper team.

Well Leicester are the better side at the moment...

They have managed for 10 minutes with a man in the sin bin, and also gained another 3 points while a man down...

Leicester 9 - 3 Llanelli

scarlets need to sort out there handling ten theyll rip these a new arsehole!!

Not for long!!!

Leicester didn't need long to fight back... and recover it...

26 - 17

god or mighty english rugby is BORING!!

even when something goes right and the crowd cheer, it sounds weired, it sounds more like a parlimentarly celebration with blair and his cronies flapping bits of paper than a rugby match!!

Edit gjohn85: For christ sake lora, cut it out!

Can they sing anything else apart from the chorus of "Swing Low"....?
[/b]

Can the French sing anything apart from "Allez au France...?"

Just a point. You make it sound like England are the only ones with a repetetive song.

I find this all amusing because here at Saracens, we haven't really experienced this strange thing called "European Club Rugby". So that means we can stand at the sidelines and laugh when sides who we don't like (i.e. Saints, Wasps, Tigers, Dragons, Scarlets, Leinster, etc) fail :lol:

Good game. Leicester were lucky to get past Paris, but this time they upped their performance from the mauling of Munster in the last pool game. Llanelli weren't tight enough at the break down and handed lots of possession away.

There was a great chance on 68 minutes of an overlap, but the Scarlets guy in the middle just put his head down and went into contact. Probably wouldn't have made a difference. Maybe Llanelli should have kicked a couple more penalties.

Rolland is good ref.

Latest posts