• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester v Ospreys

I would have thought that the definition of choking is losing a game you're expected to win, is it the consensus that the Ospreys are expected to win at Welford Road?

If you approach it from the point of view of the Ospreys fan then, yes, they are expected to win at Welford Road :lol:

Hang on, why are we being mocked for having faith in our club?

I shall politely reserve any comment on Saracens' lack of chance of going past the pool stages in the forseeable future... ;)

PS: seeing as we have a squad filled with quality international players I think we have a right to expect big things from our team.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 10 2008, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PS: seeing as we have a squad filled with quality international players I think we have a right to expect big things from our team.[/b]

you and how many other teams in Europe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 10 2008, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS: seeing as we have a squad filled with quality international players I think we have a right to expect big things from our team.[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Because Calvisano have 13 Grand Slam winners in their team....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 11 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 10 2008, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

wtf?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2008, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Oct 11 2008, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

wtf?
[/b][/quote]
1. I say we expect our team to do well because of the quality we possess.
2. You say who doesn't.
3. I tell you who doesn't.
4. You confused.

Looks like the Ospreys are in for a stuffing. Been demolished at the set piece and at the breakdown, and Leicester's attacking is relentless.
9 - 0 up already, and certainly more to come...

Desperate pass from Murphy there, chance missed for the Tigers, still 9-0 but could be so much better.

More quality passing from the Tigers but worryingly for the Ospreys they're finding the holes, may not be so lucky next time.

Leicester will be kicking themselves that the game isn't already in the bag. They should be 30 points clear by now but they keep butchering the chances they're creating.
Ospreys being owned in the scrum and at the breakdown and Leicester's offloading game is causing them all sorts of problems.

12 - 3 at HT.

Ospreys still in it somehow...

Worrying for Leicester that the Ospreys are somehow still in this, will they be made to pay in the second half?

Not a bad result for the Ospreys. Terrible performance from them though; Leicester really should have put them to the sword a number of times...

True, Leicester should have won that convincingly, but the O's might be kicking themselves for letting a great opportunity to snatch the win slip throug their grasps. They had a scrum on Leicesters line 5 min from the end, golden opportunity to win the game. Not sure how Ellis got away with taking the O's scrum half out and dragging Ryan Jones clean out of the scrum, but it happened and Leicester tuened the ball over.

Also, why did Biggar kick to touch in the dying seconds instead of Hook? Biggar ten missing touch!

What an awful game... I expected more from Osprey's but also from Leicester...

Saying that Osprey's should be happy to walk away with a bonus point, it is always difficult to get results away from home.

We were absolutely diabolical, but I'm delighted with a bonus point. We should have lost this game by 25+.

Out of interest, is there a new ELV where Scrum Halves can randomly attack their opposite numbers at the scrum? Harry Ellis seemed to think so...
He should have been binned for taking out Byrne too, he knew what he was doing (for Christ sake, he looked behind him to see where Byrne was before sticking his arm out), so it was a deliberate professional foul that deserved a sin-binning.
to be fair, Leicester should have smashed Ospreys into next year, but just could never get that final pass, and if the Ospreys had scored a try, after all the chances Leicester had, then I think the players heads would have dropped, and the Ospreys would have snatched it. Guess the O's should be happy with the bonus point, but there will be a fair few sighs of relief from the Ospreys back room staff at how many chances Leicester missed. Ah well, Perpingan (who did not look good at all against Treviso on Friday night) at the Liberty is next, and they'll need a good win out of that one.

I haven't seen then game but sounds like another healthy dose of Leicester Cheetahs? Jah?

And us being absolutely gash as well...

Latest posts