• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leinster v Munster, HEC Semi Final

I think that was the problem, Leinster rely on the backline. So when Contepomi didn't fire, neither did the others. Although there were some moments from BOD and Hickie.

BM

Well Leinster lost. But they went down the way they've played all season so I can't be too disappointed (although I still have to face my friend and his fanatical Munster fan father).
Halstead's try and to an extent ROG's lopsided the scoreline.

Contepomi choked but as An Tarbh said we wouldn't be there without him, and nobody would have expected us to reach the semi-final after llosing to Bath in the first game.

Also it hasn't been mentioned that Munster had the vast majority of possession, anyone would have struggled if they had as little of the ball as Leinster did today.

did anyone else think Guy Easterby was just taking the **** yesterday with his performance? He was terrible, how Felipe was supposed to do anything with the service he was getting is beyond me! At least next season Whittaker will speed things up!

It's funny taking a look through some of these old threads that you think things will work out for the better, thought I'd take a look at this thread now it looks like we'll have a repeat of the semi final at the end of March.

Should it go to form today we should be getting a repeat, probably in Cardiff, should be some occasion but again it'll be the same result as last year.

Whitaker certainly hasn't worked out at for Leinster at scrum half, more old boys stuff from Cheika which has been quite harsh on Willis.

i agree, give cillian a chance he has the best pass, way better than whitaker and guy.

and he really developed over just a few games, shame he hasnt gotten more chances.

wonder where cavan got to?

It's funny taking a look through some of these old threads that you think things will work out for the better, thought I'd take a look at this thread now it looks like we'll have a repeat of the semi final at the end of March.

Should it go to form today we should be getting a repeat, probably in Cardiff, should be some occasion but again it'll be the same result as last year.

Whitaker certainly hasn't worked out at for Leinster at scrum half, more old boys stuff from Cheika which has been quite harsh on Willis.
[/b]

Do you not think so? I've thought he has worked quite well all season when playing. I definitely think he should be starting ahead of Easterby though at least

Easterby isn't the ideal option but in someone like Willis there's actually the promise to be a more than decent scrum half and any deficiencies in his game at the moment can be ironed out far easier than those in Whitaker's or Easterby's game.

While Cheika and Knox have been great for Leinster I don't appreciate them using the province as a retirement ground for Randwick old boys.

Easterby isn't the ideal option but in someone like Willis there's actually the promise to be a more than decent scrum half and any deficiencies in his game at the moment can be ironed out far easier than those in Whitaker's or Easterby's game.

While Cheika and Knox have been great for Leinster I don't appreciate them using the province as a retirement ground for Randwick old boys.
[/b]

Yeh I can see that, but do you think Whittaker has actually been bad for Leinster, or is it just the 'old boy' ciscumstances he's here under?

It's true though, when you look at Cheika's willingness to bring in a player from the SH (Stan Wright) before looking at his academy players or players coming through, or even any other Irish player, you start to question it.

He's not exactly been bad but I think he was built up a bit too much. Easterby was more than solid last year, never spectacular but it's almost as if it's been exactly the same with Whitaker, you were kind of expecting a scrumhalf that would be able to offer that bit more than Easterby but it doens't seem to have materialised. Maybe I'm being hyper critical in looking for too much. I still think it's a bit of old boy stuff to be honest. Marshall was looking to get away from Leeds and he's certainly a better player than Whitaker so why didn't we try and get him over here?

Ha ha, you saddoes!

Why don't you just get a pack that doesn't fold every second game?

Here's to another Conti choke-up. :bleh!:

*******, you certainly know how to rub it in. Dr Phil has learned his lesson and will teach you guys a lesson in Twickenham. :bleh!:

Latest posts