• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Let's get rid of the players

Draggs

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
People talk about there being too many penalties given these days, the amount of injuries, on-field violence, et al.
Why not just get rid of players? If nobody plays the game, there wouldn't be any of these problems.
Instead, they can play Jonah Lomu Rugby on a Saturn inside of the locker rooms.

I still vote we steal the hot cheerleaders from American Football.

Geez, don't go over the top. Why don't we just get rid of ball kids? That way the ball will get too flat by the 2nd half and they will be less inclined to take a shot at goal.

Alternatively, we can try my "left field" idea. It's pretty abstract, but hear me out:

(1) Limit the amount of times a team can carry the ball into a tackle to 6.
(2) Get rid of the ruck, and instead - each time a player is tackled he is guaranteed to keep possession, and is allowed to get up to play the ball to a team mate.
(3) Take away 2 players from each team to ensure more tries.
(4) Change the scoring so a try is worth 4, goals worth 2. And make drop goals worth 1.
(4) To ensure better attacking rugby, make the offside line at each tackle 10m back.
(5) Take away the scrum contest to ensure more time for rugby in general play.
(6) Another way to save time will be to get rid of the line out, lets just give the throwing team a tap on the 15m line, or some other outrageous idea.

I feel my idea will limit the number of penalty goals taken and bring us in line with standards set by some of our competitor sports.

Lets just combine Rugby with talentshows. Every week the audience can vote for the dirtiest, most violent player on the field and the player with the most votes is transferred to Rugby League.

In Rugby League they will have the same thing. The player with the least offensive tackle (I.e. the most fairplay) will be transferred to Rugby Union.

We could just get rid of feet. If you want to play rugby you will need your feet amputated. This way there will be no kicks at all and the game would reward balance and skill rather than size and strength.

Yeah, but what if they all start running in the Olympics after being amputated?

Geez, don't go over the top. Why don't we just get rid of ball kids? That way the ball will get too flat by the 2nd half and they will be less inclined to take a shot at goal.

Alternatively, we can try my "left field" idea. It's pretty abstract, but hear me out:

(2) Get rid of the ruck, and instead - each time a player is tackled he is guaranteed to keep possession, and is allowed to get up to play the ball to a team mate.
(4) Change the scoring so a try is worth 4, goals worth 2. And make drop goals worth 1.
(4) To ensure better attacking rugby, make the offside line at each tackle 10m back.
(6) Another way to save time will be to get rid of the line out, lets just give the throwing team a tap on the 15m line, or some other outrageous idea.

I feel my idea will limit the number of penalty goals taken and bring us in line with standards set by some of our competitor sports.
Absolutely revolutionary.

We could also make it not mandatory to use arms on a tackle, therefore increasing less technical should her hits.

This is pretty brilliant! :lol:

On a side note, we could just get rid of the balls. ;)

das

das

Last edited:

Latest posts