Liam Williams transfer speculation

AzaMatt

Bench Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Ospreys
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/englands-top-clubs-eye-liam-11946382

not sure how much to read into this as wales online are known for stirring the pot. but if genuine interest exists then where do you all think he will go? i hope he stays with the scarlets or at least at one of the welsh regions but he is/can be a world class player and deserves to be in a top team, playing 15 as he is wasted out on the wings.

There is talk of the ospreys keeping an eye on the situation but to be fair on Dan Evans he has been great over the years although we are a little thin on the ground at full back

all in all i think he will stay at the scarlets but that all depends how their season goes, their first few games were dire, not just in the result but the manner of the games were awful. the last game they appeared to be getting back to their best (admittidly due to work by williams) so hopefully they continue on the upward curve

A few AP clubs could do with a 15 Of that standard put it is also an area England prob need another player to look promising.

Outside of Haley who else is there ATM as a young player with top potential wise?

WalesOnline do love this kind of speculation, but yeah I can imagine there being some truth in this. He'd be a good signing for the Ospreys for sure, though it's a little harsh on Dan Evans, as he's put in such a great shift, to be suddenly shunted out of the way by someone else like that. I'm sure most Premiership sides would be interested, too. If he goes overseas (or...er, overbridge) it'll be interesting to see who gets the nod for the three wildcard positions. You'd think he'd have a good chance, but you never know...

would he be captured if the money he is being offered is below market value?

I mean an top international FB is prob worth around £300,000 TBH.

Hope he stays in the League as his spindly little legs and skinny little body have become a genuine joy to watch ever since he stopped being a scumbag. He's become a genuinely class player and has showed it against the worlds best.
Can't imagine he's not had offers from England at the very least, but whether he'll move or not...... Seems quite a loyal player with a big career ahead of him for Wales.

A few AP clubs could do with a 15 Of that standard put it is also an area England prob need another player to look promising.

Outside of Haley who else is there ATM as a young player with top potential wise?
Watson?

Neither Watson or nowell has played very often @ 15 for their clubs so wouldn't consider either of them until then TBH.

Last edited:
I don't know... I think Bath are likely to find he's much better at FB than wing (he is, IMO).

I think a large part of him playing wing ATM are because that's where he's been playing for England.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither Watson or nowell have played much 15 for their clubs so wouldn't consider either of them until then TBH.

Wot? :eek:

:lol:

Whatever about potential, there is no one in the AP of his age as proven at full-back on the international stage. He's a very special talent and interest seems a given.

However... a lot of players are rumoured to leave the Pro 12 and never do. Think I'd wait for something more concrete before getting one way or the other on this.

This thread got quite surreal, so Watson plays FB for 3 years and it practiced enough, Nowell has played FB for 3 tears and us the answer instead!

Have you 2 actually watched Watson for more than 1 weekend?

Rats, surely Watson played wing last week because all our wings were playing in midfield

Last edited:
This thread got quite surreal, so Watson plays FB for 3 years and it practiced enough, Nowell has played FB for 3 tears and us the answer instead!

Have you 2 actually watched Watson for more than 1 weekend?

Rats, surely Watson played wing last week because all our wings were playing in midfield

Why was Nowell so upset?

And i try to avoid watching Bath.

Last edited:

Latest posts