• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Licenses over gameplay

Gameplay over Licensing

• Total voters
Personally, in my opinion, I think it would be largely beneficial to the leagues and to the IRB if they partnered with HB by giving them the licenses to create this game. A rugby game to me is only as good as the licensed players and teams that are in it. If they get the mechanics right, thats a big step for HB. But I want to play as my favorite teams, in their stadiums, with their gear and accurate names. With licenses, it would promote the sport to a bigger audience, and reach out to people that weren't initially interested. My 2 cents.

Also, EA, if your reading this, pick up Rugby 2012, and for once, spend some god damn money on the sport that matters. MMA was an awful waste of money that could have been used for something like this product

Last edited:
Why waste all the time, effort and money to make a rugby game that looks good and plays smooth but has unlicensed teams/player names/kits/stadiums. I dont want to play with or against fake players in fake jerseys..... And dont think customizing/editing players and jerseys would suffice either, you would just be creating different fake kits and players to replace the fake ones that are already there.

I would buy a "rugby 08" with full licensing, bug fixes and minor improvements before a game with no / half licensing, no matter how well it played.
Its been four years since rugby 08 and this one will be on ps3/xbox consoles, just get the licenses and work on the gameplay/graphics after...please.

licensing, licensing, licensing!!! This is the first rugby game on next generation consoles... It needs to look and sound amazing and authentic.

I would be so gutted if the licensing was not there. I'm not a huge fan of 'editing' players/strips/teams... While it may be fun to create yourself on 'be-a-pro' i want the real deal!
If the game looks great and has full licensing i'll buy it!

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts