• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

licensing

I imagine they'll have the Magners, don't worrt =)
To Be honest i will only play with The Sharks most of the time considering there is no world league or manager mode...can't buy players...am i right?

If they can't get superrugby somehow; i will buy the game if they get Currie Cup...if they do, it will still sell well in SA;but would still love superrugby, especially with this new format...gonna be cool.

CURRIE CUP LICENSE PLEEEASSSE

Last edited:
Rugby Challenge is being made by Sidhe the same people who made the Rugby League games which nobody likes and are total cr*p. Im behind HB all the way limited licencing or not. Can't beleive the NZRU gave away their licence to those idiots that don't know how to make video games. Not happy.

I get the feeling that NZRU gave the all blacks licence to SIDHE due to the fact that their a NZ based Company; Good show of loyalty that their backing fellow country men to do them justice. Yes its gutting that both games may/may not have the all blacks licence (i'm still slightly confused on what can/can't be used in terms of all blacks side), but i think credit must go to NZRU for having faith in a homegrown company (especially as the WC's in NZ as well). Couldn't see WRU doing that to a welsh company (no idea if their is one)....
My view is that possibly HB will have Northern sides and SIDHE will have Southern sides possibly??? Hope not, cause i'd like to play as Wales (with Jones, Jones, Jones,Jones and Williams :p) against NZ ( with Carter, McCaw, SBW,Gear and co).... Only time will tell. I have faith in both companies to make a highly competitive summer (regardless of licensing) :D

I get the feeling that NZRU gave the all blacks licence to SIDHE due to the fact that their a NZ based Company; Good show of loyalty that their backing fellow country men to do them justice. Yes its gutting that both games may/may not have the all blacks licence (i'm still slightly confused on what can/can't be used in terms of all blacks side), but i think credit must go to NZRU for having faith in a homegrown company (especially as the WC's in NZ as well). Couldn't see WRU doing that to a welsh company (no idea if their is one)....
My view is that possibly HB will have Northern sides and SIDHE will have Southern sides possibly??? Hope not, cause i'd like to play as Wales (with Jones, Jones, Jones,Jones and Williams :p) against NZ ( with Carter, McCaw, SBW,Gear and co).... Only time will tell. I have faith in both companies to make a highly competitive summer (regardless of licensing) :D

Sidhe don't seem to be too worried about South Africa...so i hope Hb can get their (SA) available licenses.

yer seems really weird actually that they have (confirmed at least) NZ and Australia as well as super rugby licence (one can only assume it means all teams competing - assume i guess the dangerous word). Surely if they have the SA "clubs" they'd have the national side.... i guess its a licensing agreement atm. Both parties have said theres announcements to come (In regards to HB and SIDHE) so i guess we shall all wait in anticipation and enjoy the real game until its virtual counterparts arrives :D

yer seems really weird actually that they have (confirmed at least) NZ and Australia as well as super rugby licence (one can only assume it means all teams competing - assume i guess the dangerous word). Surely if they have the SA "clubs" they'd have the national side.... i guess its a licensing agreement atm. Both parties have said theres announcements to come (In regards to HB and SIDHE) so i guess we shall all wait in anticipation and enjoy the real game until its virtual counterparts arrives :D

Just hoping Hb at least get Currie Cup...because i know 2012 will be better than what Sidhe can do...i would really like to have the real Sharks in 2012 game; c'mon HB, we supporting this game!!

If they can just get all teams licenses in one tournamnet they can just change the names...eg. Fifa 11 don't have champions league license, but they just call it champions cup i think...and all teams are real if u what i mean..kits,faces,names,stadiums,etc.

Last edited:
Why can't Sidhe and HB just play nice and work together? Hb can do the northern hemisphere and Sidhe do Southern, then they compile it all into a massive game with the rwc and everyone lives happily ever after.:D

2 games are better than 1

but sadly rugby isnt big enough for both to survive like pro evo and fifa and soccer

someone gonna get chopped, i just hope both games have a full editor

I just hope that another game is released shortly after (within 2 years) by either company... for Rugby games to be taken seriously they need to release consecutive ***les that improve each time. I'm not a big soccer fan but i play Fifa, purely because the games are so well made, have stacks of features and look amazing. i'm sure that if a rugby game got to that level it would attract alot of people who wouldn't normally be interested. With Rugby getting much more popular in the US it would be a wise move to start this trend now

I get the feeling that NZRU gave the all blacks licence to SIDHE due to the fact that their a NZ based Company;

Sidhe doesn't hold any of the licenses related to Rugby Challenge. All licenses have been secured by HES, an Australian company, and the publisher for the ***le.

2 games are better than 1

but sadly rugby isnt big enough for both to survive like pro evo and fifa and soccer

someone gonna get chopped, i just hope both games have a full editor

I think you are right I just hope we get at least one more game from each company. I know not everyone will be able to but if many as possible buy both games it will increase the chances of the competition lasting a little bit longer.

full decent editors will help with the licensing depending on who gets which.

Sidhe doesn't hold any of the licenses related to Rugby Challenge. All licenses have been secured by HES, an Australian company, and the publisher for the ***le.

Ah right, but later in my quote i was applauding the fact that you guys had been given the licences :D :D (being a company based from NZ). Either way cograts and good luck with the development of the game :D :D

Whatever happens I hope that whoever wins will learn from the other and maybe get some help from them as both of these are experienced at making sports games and games in general.

guys im sure hb wont care about wat sidhe are doing...point of the matter is hb wouldnt make a game knowing that they wont be able to license most players...when is 2012 comin out anyway??