TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Cape Town - Limpopo will play in the Vodacom Cup as a separate team for the first time when this 16-team competition kicks off on the second weekend of March.

The region, which is a sub-union of the Blue Bulls Rugby Union, has been granted a place in the tournament in its own rights to help foster rugby in South Africa’s far north. They join the 14 provincial unions as well as the returning Pampas XV from Argentina in the tournament, which concludes in mid-May.

The Polokwane-based Limpopo team will play in the North Section of the competition, along with the Blue Bulls, Golden Lions, Griffons, Leopards, Ford Pumas, falcons and Griquas, runners up in 2012. They are scheduled to play their mother body, the Blue Bulls, in Polokwane on Saturday, 20 April.

The South Section contains defending champions Western Province, as well as the Border Bulldogs, Boland Cavaliers, Eastern Province Kings, Free State XV, Sharks XV, South Western Districts and the Pampas XV.

Teams will each play seven group matches within their own section. Thereafter the top four teams from each section will progress to the quarter-final round, which will be contested across the two sections.

Vodacom Cup 2013 fixtures:

Round 1 - 8/9 March:

Golden Lions v Leopards
Pumas v Falcons
Griquas v Blue Bulls
Limpopo v Griffons
SWD v Free State XV
Boland Cavaliers v WP
Sharks XV v Border Bulldogs
EP Kings v Pampas XV

Round 2 - 15/16 March:

Blue Bulls v Pumas
Falcons v Golden Lions
Leopards v Limpopo
Griffons v Griquas
WP v Sharks XV
Free State XV v Boland Cavaliers
Pampas XV v SWD
Border Bulldogs v EP Kings

Round 3 - 22/23 March:

Leopards v Falcons
Golden Lions v Blue Bulls
Pumas v Griffons
Limpopo v Griquas
EP Kings v WP
Sharks XV v Free State XV
Regent Boland Cavaliers v SWD
Pampas XV v Border Bulldogs

Round 4 - 5/6 April:

Blue Bulls v Leopards
Griquas v Pumas
Griffons v Golden Lions
Limpopo v Falcons
WP v Border Bulldogs
Free State XV v EP Kings
SWD v Sharks XV
Boland Cavaliers v Pampas XV

Round 5 - 12/13 April:

Falcons v Blue Bulls
Leopards v Griffons
Golden Lions v Griquas
Pumas v Limpopo
Pampas XV v WP
Border Bulldogs v Free State XV
EP Kings v SWD
Sharks XV v Boland Cavaliers

Round 6 - 19/20 April:

Ford Pumas v Golden Lions
Griquas v Leopards
Griffons v Falcons
Limpopo v Blue Bulls
WP v SWD
Pampas XV v Free State XV
Border Bulldogs v Boland Cavaliers
EP Kings v Sharks XV

Round 7 - 26/27 April:

Blue Bulls v Griffons
Falcons v Griquas
Leopards v Ford Pumas
Golden Lions v Limpopo
Free State XV v WP
SWD v Border Bulldogs
Sharks XV v Pampas XV
Boland Cavaliers v EP Kings

Quarter-finals - 3/4 May:

North 1 v South 4
South 1 v North 4
North 2 v South 3
South 2 v North 3

Semi-finals - 10/11 May

Final - 17/18 May

Note: Home teams named first, kick-off times and venues to be confirmed. All fixtures subject to change.

The Limpopo team will play a warm-up match prior to the Bulls vs Cheetahs Super Rugby Warm-up game on the 2nd of February 2013 in Polokwane.

I will be there, cheering my friends on who made the team.

Have they signed any established Currie Cup players or are they a brand new squad of players? And will this mean they'll get a place in the Currie Cup this season too?

Have they signed any established Currie Cup players or are they a brand new squad of players? And will this mean they'll get a place in the Currie Cup this season too?

The team will only consist of players from the region. They used extensive trials last year, and picked a team from all the amateur clubs in Limpopo. Not a single player in the squad are proffessional players.

As for currie cup, this is the first step to get more teams into the Vodacom Cup, they first need to perform there to qualify for the Currie Cup.

Leopards 103 - 3 Limpopo Should have used Bulls rejects

This might be the worst team I've seen in a rugby competition ever!!! They are killed week in week out and from the games I catch look utterly lost out there. Was this a quick fix for Namibia leaving the competition?

This might be the worst team I've seen in a rugby competition ever!!! They are killed week in week out and from the games I catch look utterly lost out there. Was this a quick fix for Namibia leaving the competition?

Lol!! They are bloody pathetic!!

They are actually just in the competition so that the stadium they play at, which is one of the 2010 Fifa World Cup Stadiums be used more...

Maybe the Bulls should have instead of cheating to win the Varsity cup and totally making the reason for the competition totally pointless by stuffing a Uni side full of proffesionals to beat up amateurs, used those players in the Limpopo Blue Bulls side. Yes they are called the Limpopo Blue Bulls

What's going on here ?

So far this team's results are ...

69-7 vs Leopards
124-5 vs Griquas
113-3 vs Leopards
50-14 vs Griffons

That's four thrashings, even the Namibian side held their own better. I think they need to consider their place in the 2014 competition.

What's going on here ?

69-7 vs Leopards
124-5 vs Griquas
113-3 vs Leopards
50-14 vs Griffons

That's four thrashings, even the Namibian side held their own better. I think they need to consider their place in the 2014 competition.

they have a 3 year contract.

I'm actually glad this is happening it will prove that the Limpopo administrators are biased. it makes you wonder what is going on when the capital of Limpopo, who has the 2 best club teams in the province for over a decade now, only has representation from one of the teams.

And to make it worse, they go and pick an 8th man who plays for that club's C-team, just because they can and they would do anything to make sure the other club is getting screwed.

It's very laughable. I have seen their players train at the gym, ****, even myself who is overweight train harder than those slackers...

What's going on here ?

69-7 vs Falcons
124-5 vs Griquas
113-3 vs Leopards
50-14 vs Griffons

Fixed it for you ->Falcons

Limpopo Blue Bulls:

Try: Rudi Grobler

Coversion: Bronwyn Craill

Falcons:

Tries: Marco van Eeden, Arno Poley, JP Mostert (4), Russel van Wyk, Jongi Nokwe (3), Coert Cronje

Conversions: Juan Kotze (6), Coert Cronje.

they have a 3 year contract.

I'm actually glad this is happening it will prove that the Limpopo administrators are biased. it makes you wonder what is going on when the capital of Limpopo, who has the 2 best club teams in the province for over a decade now, only has representation from one of the teams.

And to make it worse, they go and pick an 8th man who plays for that club's C-team, just because they can and they would do anything to make sure the other club is getting screwed.

It's very laughable. I have seen their players train at the gym, ****, even myself who is overweight train harder than those slackers...
It still does not hide the fact that the Limpopo Blue Bulls is a new autonomous sub-region of the Blue Bulls. Why not used the players that was used by Tuks and play them there?

Then 9 of Noordelikes players were arrested and they can not play as Balfour have called for them to be boycotted by other teams if they do.

Last edited:
It still does not hide the fact that the Limpopo Blue Bulls is a new autonomous sub-region of the Blue Bulls. Why not used the players that was used by Tuks and play them there?

Because those players are not contracted to the Limpopo Blue Bulls, but to the BBC (Blue Bulls Company). 2 totally different entities. Limpopo bulls players have nothing to do with the Blue Bulls. just because a team is a sub-union doesn't make them part of that union in totality... Did you know that the Pumas are another sub-union of the Bulls, just like the Falcons are a sub-union to the Lions?

Latest result: Pumas 154 Limpopo Blue Bulls 0

Somebody needs to throw the towel in for them.

They've conceded 78 tries in 5 matches and have a points difference of -481. They should ditch them now and try and see if another African nation can fill the hole, if Namibia isn't going to, then go round and ask Zimbabwe the African champions for example, or Madagascar who beat Namibia last year.

Because those players are not contracted to the Limpopo Blue Bulls, but to the BBC (Blue Bulls Company). 2 totally different entities. Limpopo bulls players have nothing to do with the Blue Bulls. just because a team is a sub-union doesn't make them part of that union in totality... Did you know that the Pumas are another sub-union of the Bulls, just like the Falcons are a sub-union to the Lions?
But the Falcons are not called the Boksburg Lions now are they. Limpopo Blue Bulls. They carry a registered trademark making them like Tuks just another development team from the Bulls.

But the Falcons are not called the Boksburg Lions now are they. Limpopo Blue Bulls. They carry a registered trademark making them like Tuks just another development team from the Bulls.

Its because they are now recently formed. Before this year limpopo was part of the Blue Bulls Rugby Union. They weren't seperated. They could've picked any name they wanted, but because Oom Boet Fick, Adolf Malan, Victor Matfield, Frans Ludeke and many others come from Polokwane/Limpopo they felt that they owe it to the bulls to keep the name from growing, especially in the rural areas around polokwane who gets a reprive from the development of Limpopo Rugby and the growing number of black rugby supporters and players. Its no secret that the Bulls have the biggest number of black supporters in the country and rural schools in limpopo get free rugby clinics and gets buses to watch local games. They know the bulls brand, to go and be called the limpopo rhino's or something like that would be stupid from a marketing stand point.

Pity that the amateurs who are all from local clubs in Limpopo got shoved into this Limpopo Bulls side and then gets these massive scores against them. Yes they are a laughing stock and not a good presentation. But it's the only way to get local players into the professional game. The guys went from amateurs to professional players by a matter of one match. The opening match of the limpopo blue bulls. Teams like the pumas, griffons, boland have had years to get where they are today, and some of them still perform as poorly as these guys.

Before you try to lecture, get some background first. It makes you look like a fool and that won't give you respect on this forum.

Latest result: Pumas 154 Limpopo Blue Bulls 0

Is this the biggest win in organized senior men's rugby history? The largest international win ever was Argentina vs. Paraguay in 2002 I believe which was 152-0. I can't think of a club win that gets close off hand.

Its because they are now recently formed. Before this year limpopo was part of the Blue Bulls Rugby Union. They weren't seperated. They could've picked any name they wanted, but because Oom Boet Fick, Adolf Malan, Victor Matfield, Frans Ludeke and many others come from Polokwane/Limpopo they felt that they owe it to the bulls to keep the name from growing, especially in the rural areas around polokwane who gets a reprive from the development of Limpopo Rugby and the growing number of black rugby supporters and players. Its no secret that the Bulls have the biggest number of black supporters in the country and rural schools in limpopo get free rugby clinics and gets buses to watch local games. They know the bulls brand, to go and be called the limpopo rhino's or something like that would be stupid from a marketing stand point.

Pity that the amateurs who are all from local clubs in Limpopo got shoved into this Limpopo Bulls side and then gets these massive scores against them. Yes they are a laughing stock and not a good presentation. But it's the only way to get local players into the professional game. The guys went from amateurs to professional players by a matter of one match. The opening match of the limpopo blue bulls. Teams like the pumas, griffons, boland have had years to get where they are today, and some of them still perform as poorly as these guys.

Before you try to lecture, get some background first. It makes you look like a fool and that won't give you respect on this forum.
The Bulls have the most black supporters? Looking at Loftus I don't see many,

And the professionals in the Tuks side who beat up the amateurs in the varsity cup?

Latest posts