• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lion's Kit Speculation or Suggestions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Sep 4 2008, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The bottom left handside kit is similar to Nate's mock up. To be honest the last few kits that have been produced have been crap. I personally like the 1997 Lions Kit![/b]
Your Welsh no one cares.

Everyone ignore what I said about Rhino being the sponsors, I saw it on a rugby ball and took it for gospel haha...
My bad! Adidas are the sponsors yet again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Sep 29 2008, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Everyone ignore what I said about Rhino being the sponsors, I saw it on a rugby ball and took it for gospel haha...
My bad! Adidas are the sponsors yet again.[/b]

Rhino is very sad to hear this news
1481540984_5dca610acd.jpg

I like how you've left a large hole in the middle of the chest, it'll provide a fantastic target :D :p

Yeah, the RAF logo goes there or each shirt has a personal insult to their opposite number.

got to be canterbury clothing.
last ones was a bit boring
c'mon against south africa its gonna be blumin tough but i we get the right coach we have the players!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (getofmeland @ Oct 22 2008, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well I think it may look a bit like this

Lionscoachinglaunch02.jpg
[/b]

I like that a lot. It's simple clean, but looks better than four years ago. I like the red colar (or shall we say the absence of white around the neck?).

The simplicity I like. The thing that bothers me is from what I've seen it is identical to the one last time around other than the collar and the sponsor. It looks nice, just seems a bit lazy on Addidas' front. Imagine the conversation in development

"Right boys, new Lions shirt, what we thinking?"

"Well it's got to be red and have HSBC on it"

"Anything else?"

"Hey, why not use a copy of the old shirt, fill in the collar and add on the sponsor"

"Perfect, thats £1000's of sponsorship sorted for us. Right, pub??"

I think some of the designs on here were a bit more original!

EDIT: That isn;t to say I won't buy this one!

Adidas still have the contract i believe, but I hope it doesn't go to canterbury...they're making really shite jerseys as of late.

What do you mean "as of late"?

When have they ever made a jersey that didn't suck?

2003. They had a hand in a few mre super 14 teams than they do now and some of their kits (see Waratahs) were cracking.
But that's probably the last time they were good.

There was one sucky CCC shirt from 2003... Ireland.

I should know, it's hanging in my wardrobe. Where it shall remain.

In fact you could say that it, just like Ronan O'Gara, refuses to come out of the closet.

Latest posts