• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lion's Kit Speculation or Suggestions

O

O'Rothlain

So, I hated the last shot at the lion's kit. The 2003 was nice, though. I was just watching the NRL and St. George Illawarra, and thought, that looks like the Lion's.
Here is what I suggest for the new British and Irish Lion's Kit:
Alternate%20Jersey%2008.jpg

Obviously sans the St. G-I sponsorship stuff. But it is addidas and it's much better than what they're doing for Munster.

Does anyone know if they've released ideas of what the new Lions kit will look like?

Maybe I'm an old school style lover but I'd like to see collars, possibly even a hooped jersey. Something that is a throwback look but modern as well like the Barbarians, it'll never happen though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tighthead III @ Aug 30 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe I'm an old school style lover but I'd like to see collars, possibly even a hooped jersey. Something that is a throwback look but modern as well like the Barbarians, it'll never happen though.[/b]
The Lions have never worn hoops.

british-lions.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 30 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tighthead III @ Aug 30 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe I'm an old school style lover but I'd like to see collars, possibly even a hooped jersey. Something that is a throwback look but modern as well like the Barbarians, it'll never happen though.[/b]
The Lions have never worn hoops.
[/b][/quote]

Oh but they did:

Shaw-&-Shrewsbury-1888.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Shaw & Shrewsbury Team, 1888, The first British or Irish touring rugby team, a private-enterprise trip to Australia and New Zealand[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_i...ons#1888_-_1909

Not under the official name, but still pretty much the same thing.

And I still think it would be cool. Collared, hooped jerseys are as "rugby" as the oval shaped ball, IMO.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Aug 31 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Aug 29 2008, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
something i knocked up for **** and giggles

ccclionssb6.jpg
[/b]

Addidas are also their sponsoers!
[/b][/quote]

that would be a deciding factor then hey :) i'll see if i get bored again today and i'll dummy up another one... always just for shits and giggles :p

there ya go. i found out hsbc are also the major sponsor so i dummied up a 3 stripe jersey and a hooped jersey as well

hsbclionsac3.jpg

looks quite nice O'Rothlain, but is it just me, or is it really similar to the one they wore out to Australia on 2001? Not that that's a bad thing, just pointing it out.

you guys should start a big scam on the internet saying its the new lions kit it would be giggles worldwide if they blieved.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Sep 2 2008, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
gallery_2322_21_70070.jpg

I decided to join the nerdfest and mock up one also. Voila![/b]

I could live with that kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 1 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
there ya go. i found out hsbc are also the major sponsor so i dummied up a 3 stripe jersey and a hooped jersey as well

hsbclionsac3.jpg
[/b]
Oh please God, NO! to either...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 3 2008, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Sep 2 2008, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gallery_2322_21_70070.jpg

I decided to join the nerdfest and mock up one also. Voila![/b]

I could live with that kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 1 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

hsbclionsac3.jpg
[/b]
Oh please God, NO! to either...
[/b][/quote]

The bottom left handside kit is similar to Nate's mock up. To be honest the last few kits that have been produced have been crap. I personally like the 1997 Lions Kit!

Latest posts