Lion's Kit Speculation or Suggestions

Discussion in '2017 British & Irish Lions Tour' started by O'Rothlain, Aug 24, 2008.

1. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

So, I hated the last shot at the lion's kit. The 2003 was nice, though. I was just watching the NRL and St. George Illawarra, and thought, that looks like the Lion's.
    Here is what I suggest for the new British and Irish Lion's Kit:
    [​IMG]
    Obviously sans the St. G-I sponsorship stuff. But it is addidas and it's much better than what they're doing for Munster.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. steynboi

steynboi Guest

looks nice.

4. Does anyone know if they've released ideas of what the new Lions kit will look like?

5. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

something i knocked up for **** and giggles

[​IMG]

6. Haysie

Haysie Guest

Oh wouldn't that be a nice change of pace... <_<

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

:lol:

8. Maybe I'm an old school style lover but I'd like to see collars, possibly even a hooped jersey. Something that is a throwback look but modern as well like the Barbarians, it'll never happen though.

9. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tighthead III @ Aug 30 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    The Lions have never worn hoops.

[​IMG]

10. Cymro

Cymro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Aug 29 2008, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Addidas are also their sponsoers!

11. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Aug 30 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    The Lions have never worn hoops.
    [/b][/quote]

Oh but they did:

[​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_and_i...ons#1888_-_1909

Not under the official name, but still pretty much the same thing.

And I still think it would be cool. Collared, hooped jerseys are as "rugby" as the oval shaped ball, IMO.

12. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Aug 31 2008, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Addidas are also their sponsoers!
    [/b][/quote]

that would be a deciding factor then hey :) i'll see if i get bored again today and i'll dummy up another one... always just for shits and giggles :p

13. InsaneAsylum

InsaneAsylum Guest

there ya go. i found out hsbc are also the major sponsor so i dummied up a 3 stripe jersey and a hooped jersey as well

[​IMG]

14. Man that second one looks f***ing great, if only!

15. candybum

candybum Guest

Japan anyone? lol

16. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Guest

nah the hooped one is actually quite nice looking

17. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

[​IMG]

I decided to join the nerdfest and mock up one also. Voila!

18. Thingimubob

Thingimubob Guest

looks quite nice O'Rothlain, but is it just me, or is it really similar to the one they wore out to Australia on 2001? Not that that's a bad thing, just pointing it out.

19. steynboi

steynboi Guest

you guys should start a big scam on the internet saying its the new lions kit it would be giggles worldwide if they blieved.

20. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ Sep 2 2008, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I could live with that kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 1 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Oh please God, NO! to either...

21. Cymro

Cymro Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Sep 3 2008, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I could live with that kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Sep 1 2008, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Oh please God, NO! to either...
    [/b][/quote]

The bottom left handside kit is similar to Nate's mock up. To be honest the last few kits that have been produced have been crap. I personally like the 1997 Lions Kit!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!