• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions selection>>>> Based on this 6 nations!

Name one.
Toby Flood, Dan Parks, Chris Patterson, Andy Goode and Wilkinson in last tour for Lions.
For Ireland Sexton is in battle with ROG and lost jersey to him at times. Same goes for Humphreys (Also a Lions absentee) and now he keeps out younger Humphreys and Keatley.
For Munster Warwick has always wanted the 10 jersey.
So I'm not sticking up for ROG just pointing how stupid our coaches must be with some selections.

Toby Flood, Dan Parks, Chris Patterson, Andy Goode and Wilkinson in last tour for Lions.
For Ireland Sexton is in battle with ROG and lost jersey to him at times. Same goes for Humphreys (Also a Lions absentee) and now he keeps out younger Humphreys and Keatley.
So I'm not sticking up for ROG just pointing how stupid our coaches must be with some selections.

Em wow.

I said I not sticking up for ROG just saying alot of coaches are bad for selecting a guy who is rubbish according to him.

Back on Lions I'll ask another question. Who are the candidates for the captaincy.

Depends who steps up in leadership, I suppose
atm Heaslip would be my choice

Yes I'd prefer a forward and someone who has a spot cemented.
Heaslip would be my choice ATM.

So in other words, you're saying that until Sexton came along (whom I may add made the 10 shirt his own within approximately 30 seconds), indeed there actually was no other Irish candidate and he got a lot by acting a default.

Righto. Guess you're saying it for me.

Cheers.

Well you forget Bullitt. ROG battled Humphreys for first few years and Sexton and ROG both have not made jersey their own. Not by long shot as was seen in 6Nations.
And I'm just asking how a player that bad can win so much and con his way in to 3 Lions tours with not 1 coach realising. That's all :D.
Or are you telling me our options at 10 are that bad in Britain and Ireland.

And don't get me wrong I'm not picking argument but pointing out ROG isn't that **** poor.
Yes he has an ego and can be a cocky git at times. No he can't tackle but he is 1 of best tactical kickers in World Rugby and is deserving of credit he gets.
And while I said noone has Irish 10 nailed I'm hoping it is Sexton with ROG closing games because it works well and I've no doubt Sexton will go on to be na Lion on next tour but just pointing things out fairly

Last edited:
IMO the only 10 of real quality in B&I since Wilkinson turned **** over the past decade is Jones. The rest are hyped up just because they play for their national side. Sexton is the only real quality one to come through in recent time.

10s are always the most over-rated players on the pitch anyway.

IMO the only 10 of real quality in B&I since Wilkinson turned **** over the past decade is Jones. The rest are hyped up just because they play for their national side. Sexton is the only real quality one to come through in recent time.

10s are always the most over-rated players on the pitch anyway.

That is a totally different argument and well I can agree with you that way although I don't think Jones was special either but the best of bad bunch at that standard.

1:Sheridan
2:Rees
3:Jenkins
4:Gray
5:davies
6:Warburton
7:Haskell
8:Heaslip
9:phillips
10:Wilkinson (had a great 6 nations, when hes been on the field)
11:Bowe
12:Lamont
13:eek:'driscoll (cpt)
14:Ashton
15:Foden

16:Cole
17:Thompson
18:eek:'connel
19:eek:'brien
20:Youngs
21:Flood
22:Roberts

Last edited:
1:Sheridan

Two looseheads!
Put Jenkins to 1 and Cole off the bench to 3 (and Adam Jones on the bench in his place :p )

Also switch round Warburton and Haskell as Warburtons a 7 (and Haskell, really, is a 6)

Also also, Shoot Mike Phillips in the face
Apart from that that's a good team :p

I would go for:
1:Cole
2:Hartley
4:palmer
5:O'Connoll (class against england, Im sure he could fire himself up to that level for a lions test!)
6: Croft
7:Haskell
8: Heaslip
9:Youngs
10:Wilkinson
11:Bowe
12:Flood (no 12s stood up, and I prefer two ball players at 1st and 2nd receiver)
13: O'driscoll
14: Ashton
15: Foden

Bench
Thompson
Healy
Gray
Wallace
Reddan
Sexton
Cueto