• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions-Springbok combined XV

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kobus Kitty @ Jul 17 2009, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyway, back on topic why was Tommy Bowe being so highly rated before the test matches? Surely you'd have to pick Pietersen over him.[/b]

Erm, he was playing very well in the warm-up matches? I know he had a poor first test by his standards, but I thought he played very well in other two. Remember for the last 15-20 of the second test and the entire third test he was playing out of position at outside centre.

Regarding you'r other post, stop wumming!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kobus Kitty @ Jul 17 2009, 02:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Funny video made by the same guy of all the AB chokes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7iCGYluVU

Anyway, back on topic why was Tommy Bowe being so highly rated before the test matches? Surely you'd have to pick Pietersen over him.[/b]

because of all the breaks he made infield? Scoring four tries? Being definsively strong. His fantastic offloading?

In one match he scored 2 tries and had 4 assists.

Probably those things. Besides from one good try didn''t actually do anything particularly amazing. But in fairness nothing really came either of their way so it's a tough pick.

He played fantastically in the warm up matches, but didn't match it in the tests unfortunatley

Well if we are goin on form then its half and half but if we are going for overall reputation skill,past performances etc i would say 3 quarters would be made up of the Boks. For example De Villiers is much better than Roberts but he was returning from injury and barely got the ball in two tests, Roberts ran hard as he does and was more imposing.

Latest posts