• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions vs Chiefs

Well Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the Stormers defense.

absolutely wonderful to watch, the Waratahs were never going to break through.

I present to you -again- the Stormers defense *****es.

2 games, 19 points conceded.
:/

I may be wrong and we might get a hiding at some point, but the Stormers have always had a great defense, at least over the past few years anyway.

It's times like these I wish Heineken Cup teams would play Super 14 teams in a couple of friendlies, just so we can get a real idea of how the two types of club game compare.

A world club challenge-esque match would be quality,
The winner of the HEC v winner of the Super 14 at Autumn International time

The best thing about this game was watching it with a mate who'd bet on the Chiefs to win with an 8 point handicap. The look on his face when the Lions scored their last try was brilliant.

:eek:

The Chiefs need to up their defence if they have any hope of reaching the top 4 again...

First time I've seen a team score more than 60 points and still lose.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 22 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The winner of the HEC v winner of the Super 14 at Autumn International time[/b]

That would be embarrassing for whoever the HEC side is. Most super 14 teams would manshame the best in Europe, but don't let your bias get in the way of a good story.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 21 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 22 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be embarrassing for whoever the HEC side is. Most super 14 teams would manshame the best in Europe, but don't let your bias get in the way of a good story.
[/b][/quote]

1. Dale you've been fishing with almost every post you've made this past week. Shut the f*** up.

2. I'd love to see a RL-esque World Club Challenge. But seeing as the Heineken Cup and Super 14 finals are played a week apart, maybe the match should occur in June...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 22 2010, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 21 2010, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Feb 22 2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

1. Dale you've been fishing with almost every post you've made this past week. Shut the f*** up.

2. I'd love to see a RL-esque World Club Challenge. But seeing as the Heineken Cup and Super 14 finals are played a week apart, maybe the match should occur in June...
[/b][/quote]

I'm stating facts. That's what I do. Most NH posters here can't stand the truth but it doesn't mean I have to tell you lies.

I think you are mistaken Dale, S14 rugby lite sides would manshame european basketball teams, but once the NH style hits start coming in from our mighty proper rugby teams any S14 side would crumble. It would be an embarresment for you guys, which is why you are so against it with your "player burnout" excuse. "Players confidence being ruined after a manshaming from the NH" is what you really mean, and we know it. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 22 2010, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think you are mistaken Dale, S14 rugby lite sides would manshame european basketball teams, but once the NH style hits start coming in from our mighty proper rugby teams any S14 side would crumble. It would be an embarresment for you guys, which is why you are so against it with your "player burnout" excuse. "Players confidence being ruined after a manshaming from the NH" is what you really mean, and we know it. ;)[/b]

What does rugby league have to do with this?

And who gave you permission to address me personally?

Rugby League, Super 14 basketball, neither are real rugby, so both can be called rugby lite.

And this is my forum, who gave you permission to quote my post/post at all???! :angry:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 22 2010, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Rugby League, Super 14 basketball, neither are real rugby, so both can be called rugby lite.

And this is my forum, who gave you permission to quote my post/post at all???! :angry:[/b]

Was the Ireland vs Italy game what you call real rugby?

That was a great spectacle wasn't it. Kick the ball every time the flyhalf gets it. Pathetic.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 22 2010, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Was the Ireland vs Italy game what you call real rugby?[/b]

Yes it was. Was the Lions vs. Chiefs game 'real' rugby? Yes. Is this debate going to go round and round in circles? Probably.

both defences were bad but still got to love seeing tries being scored. there were probably more tries scored in that match than some teams in europe would get in a whole season. Also South Africa have the world cup not england.

The first 50 minutes was good quality, it wasn't till after that that it was ridiculous.

Most of the tries were actually great too, if you watch them on your own.

Ugh...Dale, please, shut the **** up. I'm tired of this. Because you go insulting NH rugby and instead of insulting you, they insult the Super 14. I'm not bothered to argue which is better. I have my opinion, and I don't need to express it at every oppertunity I get as Dale does. Both are top level competitions, both have different styles of play and both require alot of talent to excell in. Does a "ours is better then yours" need to occur every second day on this forum?

As it happens, one of the reasons the scores are higher in the Super 14 then in the Guiness Premiership or Heineken Cup, is due to different rules at the break down, different weather conditions, different attitudes towards the games and the lengths of the season. It has nothing to do with competitiveness, as both competitions produce some of the best rugby players in the world.

Latest posts