• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions vs Chiefs

B

bates

I'm just watching the game, monster score by the Chiefs, but it seems the Lions are fighting back.
Awesome game

f*** me... Great to see the ball moving. But really? One-hundred-billion-million-squillion points in one match and I get criticised for claiming the Super 14 has shitty defences? (anyone who says otherwise -especially for this match- is lying).

It was like watching a long sevens game with a bit more space.

Even the Mungos don't have that many tries.

To be fair, the game as Rugby really ceased at about the 60 minute mark. After that it was just try after try.

I saw the game the Chiefs were great and the Lions are no pushover anymore. The Sharks are going to have a long season it mith even get boring because they've signed Andy Goode I fancy them to finish bottom of the pile this year.

Great come back by the Lions, Chiefs need to work on their defence. Great start for the season. If they can keep up this level I'm expecting a lot from them this year :)

Had the Chiefs not scored as many points I don't think they would have conceded so many. They were tired from all the running, and let the foot of the pedal at the end.

To be handed three yellow wards and come out on top is fairly significant I think. Ref seemed to be exceptionally harsh towards the end, I thought.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Chiefs need to work on their defence.[/b]

Rather, they need to be lined-up against a wall and shot!

What the ****! That's a basketball score! Two things.. how do you score 65 and lose, and how do you throw away a 47 point lead?

Which team is shitter, Lions.. who had 75 pts put on them, or Chiefs who can't hold a 47 point lead?

I'm seriously considering watching the 1am replay of this. Anyone know if it's repeated at a more appropriate time?

I can't enjoy a game with so many points. Sure, it's good to see some running rugby but you do actually want to see some teams still knowing how to defend as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 20 2010, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
f*** me... Great to see the ball moving. But really? One-hundred-billion-million-squillion points in one match and I get criticised for claiming the Super 14 has shitty defences? (anyone who says otherwise -especially for this match- is lying).

It was like watching a long sevens game with a bit more space.

Even the Mungos don't have that many tries.[/b]
To be fair, it was the highest amount of points ever scored in a Super 14 game, and I admit there was no defence at all. But it's hardly the norm, and usually defence is just as important as attack. May watch it again, it's one of those token games which are fun to watch once or twice a season, but no more then that, as it dosn't show the harder parts of rugby.

I was watching the first half on Rugby channel and switched over onto SkySport1 and saw the score and couldn't believe it. Highest score ever in a Super Rugby match and yeah there was no defence in both teams but it beats watching a game with no trys at all.

Congratulations Chiefs they look like the real deal this season and they're gonna be hard to beat.

Full highlights of this match would probably take 30-40 minutes. After a while it was just shuttle runs up and down the pitch.
At least now these will be two of the fittest teams in the Super 14.
As a fullback, I pray this sort of game happens when I next play. I haven't had a try in a while :D

Must say I watched it and was very happy as it was a pure open game and exciting.

Defences seemto keep crumbling this week. The Bulls put 50 past the Brumbies and still let 32 in at the other end.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 20 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Defences seemto keep crumbling this week. The Bulls put 50 past the Brumbies and still let 32 in at the other end.[/b]

Didn't you know it was "No defence week. Helping sufferers of stingy defences the world over."

And the NH hasn't got the decency to follow suit...
I mean, there were GP games this week where teams got under 10 points.

Although from what a guy I met today said: Northampton get 6 points, Reds get 65, therefore Reds are almost 11 times better.
I love this logic. It should be applied everywhere. :)

Latest posts