• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Llanelli v Ulster

A

An Tarbh

Ulster will be without Neil Best for their trip to Stradey as they look to regain top spot in the Magners League. However they will have their other internationals who were on the bench last weekend available to them.

For Llanelli Daffyd James misses out with a broken toe while the international players who started are all rested.

Given the strength of the Ulster team I'd expect them to come away with a victory but Stradey is never an easy place to get a win for any team.

Scarlets: M Stoddard; D Daniel, Gavin Evans, R King, M Watkins; C Thomas, L Davies; I Thomas, A Gravelle, D Manu, V Cooper, S MacLeod, J Bater (capt), G Thomas, N Thomas.
Replacements: J Davies, D Jones, K Owens, I Afeaki, A Jones, C Stuart-Smith, B Davies.

Ulster: Ulster: B Cunningham; T Bowe, P Steinmetz, P Wallace, A Trimble; D Humphreys, I Boss; B Young, P Shields, S Best, J Harrison (capt), T Barker, S Ferris, N Best, R Wilson.
Replacements: S Philpott, J Fistzpatrick, R Caldwell, S Harding, K Campbell, K Maggs, P McKenzie.

Referee: Peter Allan (Scotland)

With all Llaneli international players out, Ulster really should get the win. Tbh if they want to keep the pressure on Leinster they should be aiming for a bonus point

Ulster's backrow in that lineup is wrong, as you said, N.Best is out so kieran Dawson in is there instead

If Ulster were to win the game, I really doubt it will be a bonus point win. The side we have out isn't all bad, and I'm sure we have the psychological advantage over them after the Ravenhill mauling.

you're right, a bonus point should be on for them but Ulster just aren't clinical enough, they're pretty much full strength and 5 points away at Stradey would go a long way for them in retaining their ***le. Scarlets may have a psychological edge after the HEC games but that can work in Ulster's favour as well.

Well I'm going to be biased towards Llanelli (Since it's no secret I support them) because I'm sure that with a home advantage we can just pull off a non-bonus point victory. But I guess we'll see this afternoon. :)

Match almost over, Scarlets winning 14-11.

From what I've heard it's an awful performance from Ulster

EDIT-Full time 17-11 to Llaneli. Crap

Dreadful call on Bowe's non try, that came off the Llanelli defender. Again a case of flattering to deceive for Ulster, I know it's a good result for Leinster but hugely frustrating to watch yet again.

Yeah from what I've read on an Ulster forum, it sounds like a very depressing game, lineouts were dreadful, missing big Rory.

Not a bad game for us especially without our big names, but i agree that Tommy Bowe try was bs, it did come off Regan King

I just saw the highlights and I think that Ulster should have been awarded that try - it looked like it came off Regan's shoulder.
But poetic justice is a beautiful thing sometimes. Scarlets scrumhalf Davies shoud have had the try after taking the quick penalty but being held up by a guy who's wasn't 10 metres back. Definate penalty try if you ask me.
Fair result.
Good to see 4 Welsh regional wins for once.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge Llanelli their win but just annoyed at the general level of officiating yet again in the ML.

Latest posts