• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lomu In Talks With 2 Clubs

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 29 2005, 06:08 PM
thats crap teh mite you havent seen him play so you cant say if hes still got it, for all you know he could be better.
There is no chance in hell Lomu is going to be better than he was at his peak. Hence it being his peak.

The game has moved on since his last played a competitive game, defenses are far tighter and able to deal with strong ball carriers much more effectively.

And you have to keep coming back to the fact that he hasn't played properly for 2 years! That's a damn long time to be away from professional sport, and with his heightened risk of injury I just don't see him being much use any more.

In his day he was undoubtedly the best winger in the world, arguably the the best ever seen, certainly the most destructive. He won't possibly be anywhere near as good as he used to be, however nice it would be to see him make a full recovery.

well according to lomu he never felt right, hes actually said he feels physically fitter and stronger now than any time in his carear.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 29 2005, 07:04 PM
well according to lomu he never felt right, hes actually said he feels physically fitter and stronger now than any time in his carear.
He can say what he likes, it doesn't mean he's going to have anywhere near the same impact on the pitch as he did during his time in the spotlight.

I'd love to see him back in action, attacking like he used to and striking fear into opposition defenses. But the game has moved on, and there is no way he'll be anywhere near the world beater he used to be.

I'd think it will be Sarries and Saints (possibly Quins). Everyone else has either got too much sense or too little money.

Lora - he's been saying he's feeling 'better than ever' for years after every surgery/operation/yada yada yada.

If he's going to England, he should be making a base salary at best until he proves himself in matches. The club that signs him should tell him, "Lomu, we'll pay for your hostel and we'll pay for your steak & kidney pie until you get on the pitch. Do well in the match, and you can have chips."

Otherwise it's ri-god-damn-diculous to sign him.

The dream is over. Let be.

every one needs dreams, and i think people are beign a bit too rash to write him off, what happens if he scores 4 tries and stampedes all over his opposition in his first match back - then you would all have egg on your face.

Originally posted by Boy@Sep 29 2005, 07:53 PM
I'd think it will be Sarries and Saints (possibly Quins). Everyone else has either got too much sense or too little money.
When have Saints ever made any ridiculous high-risk signings?

Saracens possibly, look at the gamble they've taken with Farrell, but I'm hoping Barwell + Co steer well clear of Lomu.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 30 2005, 07:32 AM
every one needs dreams, and i think people are beign a bit too rash to write him off, what happens if he scores 4 tries and stampedes all over his opposition in his first match back - then you would all have egg on your face.
Mmmm. Egg.

Loratadine, I hope I'm wrong, but there have just been way too many almosts and potential comebacks for him. The man should no longer make news unless he's on a pitch and producing results, or promoting a charitable cause.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 30 2005, 07:32 AM
Not really. I'm sure everone wants him back to his best, thus no one will have egg on their face.
But realistically speaking, it's just not going to happen.

I too, hope I'm wrong.

Originally posted by loratadine@Sep 30 2005, 06:04 AM
Thats what John Kirwan said before they dropped him from the All Blacks. Said he was running the quickest times of his career.
<

I think Lomus talks with these clubs are about how much he can pay them to get into their teams. The clubs are consideringn how much money would be worth a loss with tries conceded on Jonahs wing.

Well at least Jonahs pesistence makes great entertainment. Either a good laugh at another person suffering from too much Michael Jackson type adulation in his heyday or perhaps..................THE FLUKEST RUGBY COMEBACK OF ALL TIME!!!!

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Sep 30 2005, 07:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Sep 30 2005, 07:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boy
@Sep 29 2005, 07:53 PM
[/b]
I was mainly just going on the fact that he's a New Zealander, which seems to automatically mean that Saints are interested these days.

Originally posted by Boy+Sep 30 2005, 10:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boy @ Sep 30 2005, 10:46 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Sep 30 2005, 07:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Boy
@Sep 29 2005, 07:53 PM

I was mainly just going on the fact that he's a New Zealander, which seems to automatically mean that Saints are interested these days. [/b]
You say it like that's a bad thing!
<

I've read that the contract is for three months only. I wonder what is left of Jonah. I hope he can play again top lervel Rugby although I am dubious he can achieve it.

jonah and the whale....

read that story and jonah went thru a trying time..only to prevail...

Latest posts