• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lomu link with Melbourne

S

scot

Calls today that Jonah Lomu has been linked with the fledging Melbourne franchise in Australia's new National Rugby Championship. Can Lomu no longer even get a contract with an NPC side?

You would have to think he would go for the money and **** off over to Wales to never be heard of again. But on the other hand maybe he's making enough from endorsements.

Surely he's more likely to go back to Wales, probably with Cardiff again. I just can't see him coming to Melbourne. Having said that, it would be awesome if he did, it means I could go watch the legend in action. :D Where did you get that rumour from scot?

Pete Jenkins' column in the Courier today, so it will probably be in the Australian as well.

He could go to Munster.. He would get a lot of game time, would be good to see him in the red shirt..

Cardiff wouldn't turn him down (he brings in the crowds) but i certainly don't see him benefiting the club in any which way.
If Lomu coming back means denying someone like Czekaj and upcoming Welsh winger then i don't want to see him at the club.
I want our youngsters to get as much game time as possible.
Country before club.

I'm glad to see he's not going to rugby league tho...physically he's just not up to it.

when lomu plays for a aussie team it is a sad sad day
and in saying that its just as
likely that he will play for a english team. but now that
lomu has links with wales i think he will go there, but if
you ask me he should play for a jap team because thats where all the
sucky players go when they get old, if the dont go to europe.
unless of course he gets picked up by a 2nd string new zealand
cup team, like northland etc. i still think he should upgrade his 8 skills because he would
kill all of you if he was in the fowards. he definately is better
suited for league. big mistake lomu!

(nice one wallz)

^who's a clever boy

This would be huge for the APC

Melbourne is full of dole bludging Kiwis, so as long as the tickets are fairly cheap i'm sure they would sell out their home games quite easily...+ the kiwis would still have enough money left over for ganja.

win win

Latest posts