• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lomu To Play Next Sat

Could you elaborate on that GG, I never saw the game. How was his speed ?? Fitness?? Strength?? Work Rate ??

lomu did ok, he made a couple of semi breaks, but was always well marshalled by about 3 or 4 italian players. he looked happy on the pitch, and like gg said, looked alot fitter than the sh/nh game. His speed is getting there, he wasnt as fast as he was, but that said he havent played for over two years. his strength is still phenomenal and he did barge a few italian flying.

im expecting him to improve with every game, and unfortunately hes got the biggest expectation to live up too - the one he created - and i just dont know if he can get anywhere near that again - but heres hoping.

I expect a big improvement from Lomu, but he is never going to regain the skills and speed he had before all his injuries and operations and so on.

It was in the past but a few more years wouldn't go a miss.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Dec 12 2005, 10:54 PM
Could you elaborate on that GG, I never saw the game. How was his speed ?? Fitness?? Strength?? Work Rate ??
He played like Isotola Maka after a long layoff

Just a question, I haven't seen him play since the NH/SH game. Should he still be playing on the wing? It seems kind of wasted out there these days, especially as he's apparantly lost a lot of speed, so he can't possibly be as effective out there.

i still think its his best position - hes still very effectiv with space, and wingers do tend to recieve the most space.

I dont know he has lost most of the weight, But he might not be doing it properly, Because he just doesnt look right.
capt.bre10512101628.italy_rugby_bre105.jpg

Latest posts