• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Loose Forwards, Best Combination?

K

kojack

I just Want your opinions Of Who you would play in 6,7,8 in a world IV team?

I would say, 6-Schalk Burger 7-Richie Mcaw 8-Pierre Spies

Infact Pierre Spies No.1 Loosie In world.

The best loose foward trio

6.Schalk Burger/Jerry Collins
7.Richie McCaw/George Smith
8.Pierre Spies

You guys really seem to be rating Spies, il save my opinion till after the world cup when iv seen him more.

As it stands

6. Juan Smith/Jerry Collins
7. Mccaw
8. Soialo

Yes we really do rate him, but my loose forward combo is for the Boks at the WC. Not for the best in the world at the moment.

I just Want your opinions Of Who you would play in 6,7,8 in a world IV team?

I would say, 6-Schalk Burger 7-Richie Mcaw 8-Pierre Spies

Infact Pierre Spies No.1 Loosie In world.

[/b]

spies is NOT the no1 loosie. not by a LOOOOOOOOOONG shot. he's still behind mccaw n smith. spies is just a 'talent to watch', and 'very talented'

Well we're very strong in the south when it comes to loosies. SA, Aus and NZ could probably each put together multiple international quality backrows.

I will pick 6. S.Burger 7. R.Mccaw 8. P.Spies
They will be the best and the hardes

I will pick 6. S.Burger 7. R.Mccaw 8. P.Spies
They will be the best and the hardes [/b]
I believe the question who is the best combination, not who will be the best :p

Nah but hopefully Spies has a great World Cup (not against Australia of course if the game arises) and cements his place as one of the best loosies, but at the moment I don't think he would be in in top 4.

Well while we seem to be sticking to our own hemisphere's, I'll be equally objective and go for Chabal, Leamy and White.

Juan Smith, Rossouw and Burger [/b]
You could change your flag to a North Korean one, change your name to Japanese and we'd still notice you're a South African! :p

The best ever loose forward ever was Rassie Erasmus! No one was able to match him and trust me, i`m watching rugby since your mothers were virgins!

The best ever loose forward ever was Rassie Erasmus! No one was able to match him and trust me, i`m watching rugby since your mothers were virgins! [/b]
Come on Rassie, tell us how old you are.

Isn't Erasmus coaching some semi-pro team in SA at the moment?

Oh and don't worry, that email will be coming within the next 12 hours or so. I need to sleep.

I will pick 6. S.Burger 7. R.Mccaw 8. P.Spies [/b]

Nice selection :)

id agree with this "BUT" 2 open side flanker's mean there both going to be too quick to the breakdowns. Meaning both openside players will be caught on the bottom of every ruck and your going to be left with just the number 8 as a loosie. As shown by Australia when they experimented with Waugh and Smith...Clealy didn't work out... Which is why NZ never used MaCaw and Holla...

I do like the look of Spies this guy is a number 8 in the making and Burger is 1 of my favorite open loosie besides MaCaw, To be quite honest Ive never seen so much mongrel in a pair of white boys :cheers:

my selection wouId go...

7.MaCaw 6. Collin's

8. Spie's at the rear

Id go Burger or maybe Juan Smit reserve for both flanks & because of the very high work rate of Rodney id chuck him at the rear, Sorry Aussie no selection spaces left for your country and Georgie boys gone to fat

The best ever loose forward ever was Rassie Erasmus! No one was able to match him and trust me, i`m watching rugby since your mothers were virgins! [/b]

are you sure you've been watching rugby for that long.... my mother was quite an active lady :p

good call rugby's a religion.... rockstar must be wearing those aviator sunnies that filter out everything except green jerseys :wall:

6. Jerry Collins
7. Richie McCaw
8. Sergio Parisse

Number 8 is the only position that I'm not sure on, with Denis Leamy, and Rodney So'ioalo very close. Spies is a very talented player however I would suggest he is nowhere near the top number 8 in the world - maybe he will be in a few years. Hopefully he will recover from the clots in his lungs and we will get to see just how good he can be.....

Latest posts