• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Madden 06

yeah bullman i got it a few days ago

as good as the oldies with a few tweaks

the cone precision passing is great - unlike some reviews state

supastar mode - some people will get alot out of it, but i dont.....feels like GTA but ur confined as its only madden.

truck stick - great

gameplay tweaks - easier to run, step etc - u have more control over ur player

they took nothing away from 2005

fixed a few minor things, and added supastar mode, and precision passing

its a solid final hoorah b4 the ps3, xbox360 rollouts

Yeh, been waiting for this game for ages! NZ release date got set back a week from last thursday till tomorrow, anybody know of where I can get it in Auckland today? I NEED IT !
<

From what Ive seen at my mates place, even with generic presentation they have achieved quite alot, cant wait for the ESPN to kick in next year.

Hopefully they keep the radio show, I never really liked the Sportscenter on ESPN 2K5, I prefer the Radio Show format, it means I can do my stuff between games in Franchise Mode while not having to listen to that shitty music. Hopefully they will keep it and just revamp it as "ESPN Radio Network" or some crap like that. Maybe have a multiple host panel (Berman and Michaels would be best in my opinion), with people like Mel Kiper chipping in with the updates on players for next years draft and draft day specials.

Got Madden 06 for xbox today, definately an improvement but passes seemed too lobbed a lot of the time. In the extras there is a teaser for madden on xbox 360, jeez it looks good
<
Anybody else played it?

Originally posted by Bull@Sep 13 2005, 07:46 PM
Any of you got it yet?
<

Didn't realise Bull that you liked other things outside of Rugby?

If only it had a side action cam that zoomed out and slightly angled from the quarterback position upfield to the recievers at the snap and kept zooming out depending on the recievers length of the field run and zoomed in as the ball travelled to its reciever. Then I could enjoy the games depth when playing rather than its width. Even the end view had blindspots sometimes (especially if you moved laterally before you passed) so it wasn't flawless.

Oh well.........even in perfection I am always looking for the next step.

Originally posted by bluesfan@Sep 15 2005, 03:06 PM
Got Madden 06 for xbox today, definately an improvement but passes seemed too lobbed a lot of the time. In the extras there is a teaser for madden on xbox 360, jeez it looks good
<
Anybody else played it?
i got it on ps2

i am looking for the ps3 extras tonite

i do not think they have it, but i gotto see this

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 15 2005, 08:36 PM
Superstar Mode = The Future of Sports Gaming.
true true

it is going to be the way

But as it stands now its total shite

its their first try and maybe they will put alot of money into it for the next gen consoles

Whats your opinion on it though? How does it fail? I'm getting this game anyway, but I just want to know what it's like. Is it still fun?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 16 2005, 11:20 AM
Whats your opinion on it though? How does it fail? I'm getting this game anyway, but I just want to know what it's like. Is it still fun?
it like u live in an apartment like San andreas, but cant walk outside

u have a map to go different places like agents office etc

its basically a career mode

u play all the games, and train mid-week

then on other days u go to promos, do interviews, in which ur IQ can be determined based on your answers on the interviews

i havent really bashed it alot.............doing my franchise, so my opinion on supastar would not be credible

but what i have seen it isnt anything on franchise mode............BUT in saying that it is a good platform to work on, where at one stage, 5-10 years, it will be like San Andreas, with football matches on the weekends

i just posted a write-up of my franchise progress in the pes5 thread - sorry mods & people

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 16 2005, 01:29 PM
Is the Tony Bruno Show still there?
That guy cracks me up. He's such a jerk.
unfortunately yes

although he sucks is alot better than in 2005

Originally posted by ak47+Sep 16 2005, 02:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Sep 16 2005, 02:35 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Sep 16 2005, 01:29 PM
Is the Tony Bruno Show still there?
That guy cracks me up. He's such a jerk.
unfortunately yes

although he sucks is alot better than in 2005 [/b]
I remember listening to him on Radio Sport after midnight, when they did the switch over to American Fox Sports Radio. He sounded exactly like he did in Madden...Scripted, and tedious.

Superstar is preety good for a first up attempt, but there are several serious issues...

1) TD is a f***ing stalker, every 2 seconds you get a voice message "Hi, Its TD here" or "Yo, its Terrell", then theres Rich f***ing Eisen bugging me about my apperance every 2 games.

2) Draft Day - Letting you get drafted in the first round is a must. Give us some degree on where we wish to be drafted, maybe an option to choose roughly our skills. For Example, with a QB we should be able to Choose either "Pocket" or "Scrambling" or "Balanced". With RBs "Power" or "Finesse" or "Balanced" as well as the option on the quality of player we want to create (For example I may wish to be a Undrafted Rookie and go the Kurt Warner route, or maybe I just want to be the next Peyton Manning, No. 1 Overall Pick and Superstar from the word go).

And it needs to be hyped up more. Maybe get text messages from various teams and your agent pre draft, have Draft Combines similar to what NCAA 06 has when you first start up Race to the Hiesman.

3) Let us choose our Face, Skin Color e.t.c, the whole point of the mode is too let us be the Superstar, but whats the point if we cant even choose what the f*** we look like?

4) Giving us control of the Depth Chart has to go.

5) Allow us to edit the sim and injury sliders in superstar mode, or even better. Allow us to do it from the main menu like on NCAA so we dont have to fiddle with all 32 Coaches Sliders everytime we start a new Franhcise.

While this may sound negative, its still aint that bad a mode, considiring there never really has been anything tried like it before and have had a lot of fun so far.

Originally posted by Ripper@Sep 16 2005, 05:24 PM
Superstar is preety good for a first up attempt, but there are several serious issues...

1) TD is a f***ing stalker, every 2 seconds you get a voice message "Hi, Its TD here" or "Yo, its Terrell", then theres Rich f***ing Eisen bugging me about my apperance every 2 games.
yep

TD is f**cked

What respect I had for him I do not anymore

So anoyying and yes his voice is muffed and he just keeps on coming

Where's the hot laides, cheergirls, booze sessions and autographing...thats what real supastars live.............not TD's lovechild!!!!!!!

Damn Straight, Wheres Lawerence Taylor asking if I want to do a few lines after the game? Wheres bit where I wake up with a dead hooker in my bed and not a single memory of the last 48 hours? Wheres the option to squirt the ref with Water, pretend to moon the crowd at Lambeau field and run down a cop, and when asked by the media about my fine which is similar to the GDP of a small country, wheres the option "That dont mean no **** to me, Im Rich *****."

NFL Blitz is looking awfully tempting right now for my comic relief.

I really want to beat the **** outta my website designer. I think he's f***ing gay, why does he keep sending me his shitty artwork???

Latest posts