Madden

Rich Taff

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
Anyone have any advice on this thing?
My brother is coming over with his 8 yr old in August (first time I'll have met him as they live in Canada).
He's a big Madden x-box fan who want's to play vs his Uncle.
I tried googling 'how to beat an 8 year old', but the results were not what I was looking for....

I'm no expert but I've sunk a few hours into the Madden games,
Don't throw long - too risky to getting picked off or just missing the target, short/medium passing with multiple options (more chance of an open guy)
Big fan of play action plays, especially after running a few times so they don't expect it.
Use the coaches suggestion plays, it's too complicated sifting through the hundreds of pages of play books.

On defence I just blitz pretty much every play because I'm impatient and also poor at running defensive plays.

Most recent Madden's are so frustrating for interceptions so just throw short, and the run game can be pretty overpowered at times.

Play as a team with a scrambling quarterback and a good tight end. Panthers are probably best bet there.

Make sure each play had a crossing pattern and a deep ball. As said use lots of play action. Read long then crossing pattern. If neither side open (cause picks are crazy in this game) just run it with your qb.

On defense just don't touch anything and let the computer do the work.

Go deep if the defence is is in press and cover 1 or 3, presuming he's not controlling the safety.

Otherwise play action and tight ends are killers. Even someone like Eric Ebron just because he's fast.

Anyone have any advice on this thing?
My brother is coming over with his 8 yr old in August (first time I'll have met him as they live in Canada).
He's a big Madden x-box fan who want's to play vs his Uncle.
I tried googling 'how to beat an 8 year old', but the results were not what I was looking for....

Best advice is to learn American Football. It probably won't be easy as we have many strange rules. To compare, I'm from USA and lived in NZ for a couple of years. Took me some time to learn your rugby but discovered the awesome game you have. Now that I know both, I would say our game is more complicated rules wise.

- Mix run and pass plays often and don't run the same type on 1st down.
- Play with Pats as EA Sports has made them a cheat team.
- Don't be afraid to throw the ball! but don't just chuck it downfield. Cheers.

Best advice is to learn American Football. It probably won't be easy as we have many strange rules. To compare, I'm from USA and lived in NZ for a couple of years. Took me some time to learn your rugby but discovered the awesome game you have. Now that I know both, I would say our game is more complicated rules wise.

- Mix run and pass plays often and don't run the same type on 1st down.
- Play with Pats as EA Sports has made them a cheat team.
- Don't be afraid to throw the ball! but don't just chuck it downfield. Cheers.

Been following NFL since the 80's ;)
As a Phins Fan, there's nwih I could ever play as Pats.
Cheers, my go to play on mobile tends to be slant to a TE, but wondered if there was more to it on the xbox.

Just pick a Middle Linebacker and blitz through on every single play regardless of the play, take that QB to sack central. I played Franchise mode like this and my created player ended the season with 96 sacks lmao

Latest posts